Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » [MELB] Auto-electricians..?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
icon4.gif  [MELB] Auto-electricians..? Tue, 11 October 2005 03:53 Go to next message
Hi,

Wondering if anyone knows/recommends a sparky that could install a turbo timer for me? Before anyone makes smartass comments, I need it to work in conjunction with my alarm, so a sparky with previous experiences with Dynamco alarm systems would be great Surprised Apparently I need some sort of computer chip upgrade within the alarm to accomodate the timer? Confused

Any help appreciated.

Yian

[Updated on: Tue, 11 October 2005 05:09]

Send a private message to this user    
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: [MELB] Auto-electricians..? Tue, 11 October 2005 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump...

If no reply, then its time to bite the bullet and go get reamed by a recognised dealer.
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: [MELB] Auto-electricians..? Tue, 11 October 2005 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yian, depending on what type of immoblisation ur car has.(eg. single point immob, or mutilple. fuel pump, ign cut, crank wire cut etc.)will effect the installation, and what has to be done.

All they usually do is put in an additional relay to switch on the immob once the turbo timer has turned off.

Someone at Autobarn can do this. The guy at the Doncaster one is pretty good, and it will most likely be cheaper than paying an auto elec and hourly rate to fit it.

Hope this helps Smile
tooch
Regular

June 2002
Re: [MELB] Auto-electricians..? Tue, 11 October 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try that place on Manningham Rd/Banksia St, Kendon Auto elecs I think it is. Always has nice rotaries there, so must be decent.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: [MELB] Auto-electricians..? Tue, 11 October 2005 14:46 Go to previous message
Thanks for the tips guys Very Happy Much appreciated. Will call 'em both tomorrow (or today rather) and find out. Fingers crossed it'll be cheaper than the $180 the Dynamco dealer quoted me eh?

Yian
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:interesting site on the fast back celica developement
Next Topic:to supra or not to supra?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 22:19:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041520595550537 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.