Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
20v oil filter Wed, 26 October 2005 00:16 Go to next message
hey guys, i search google and on here and couldnt find the answer.

i need to change the oil in my 20v, and need to change oil filter too. im having trouble finding a exact replacement for it.

will a 16v oil filter fit and work without any long term problems?
is there a prob with putting a much smaller oil filter(half the size)?
  Send a private message to this user    
Julz01
Regular

December 2004
Re: 20v oil filter Wed, 26 October 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not exactly sure but if you go to a auto parts store that sell ryco they have a listing for a heap of import toyotas in there, so that book will tell you the exact part number if its in there.
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: 20v oil filter Wed, 26 October 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i went to super cheap auto yesturday, and they sold me the wrong one. thats why im escalating my enquiry to the toymods help desk. Laughing

i went through their valveoline book and couldnt find one for the 20v, i got them to help me and they gave me one that looks like it will screw on, but wont fit under the stock extractors.
i know they have a 16v one there, but its half the size of the one i got now.
tobyoste
Occasional Poster

February 2004
Re: 20v oil filter Wed, 26 October 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I buy mine from Toyota (around $18) and normally get the larger of the two filters that fit the 4AGE.

Toby
Julz01
Regular

December 2004
Re: 20v oil filter Wed, 26 October 2005 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
illuminatus wrote on Wed, 26 October 2005 10:59

i went to super cheap auto yesturday, and they sold me the wrong one. thats why im escalating my enquiry to the toymods help desk. Laughing

i went through their valveoline book and couldnt find one for the 20v, i got them to help me and they gave me one that looks like it will screw on, but wont fit under the stock extractors.

haha good old super cheap, that always happens if you get a some on there that dosnt know anything about imports. I might be going into the supercheap I work at today so ill have a look for you.

Normally the employees will just look up oil filters in the valveoline book because super cheap has cut back on the ryco filters they stock.

what was the part number on the valveoline filter

monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 20v oil filter Wed, 26 October 2005 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you've got heaps of room (like in a remote mount kit) ryco Z131a fits.

Can using a bigger filter from a different engine cause problems?
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: 20v oil filter Wed, 26 October 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julz01 wrote on Wed, 26 October 2005 12:11

illuminatus wrote on Wed, 26 October 2005 10:59

haha good old super cheap, that always happens if you get a some on there that dosnt know anything about imports. I might be going into the supercheap I work at today so ill have a look for you.

Normally the employees will just look up oil filters in the valveoline book because super cheap has cut back on the ryco filters they stock.

what was the part number on the valveoline filter

THANKS CHAMP!
i baught a v011 from memory. its too tall.
but the 385(i think thats what it is) which they said would also fit is half the size and quite tiny.

i might goto autobarn tonight and see what ryco have to offer.
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: 20v oil filter Wed, 26 October 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just got back from autobarn, got a ryco filter for a 16v, Part number is Z158 for anyone who needs this info in the future. its abit thicker then the one in there now, hope there are no problems.

also i found out that if u change the size of the oil filter you will change the oil pressure. if u go smaller, the oil pressure goes up. i think this might b what blew the head gasket on my old engine...

[Updated on: Wed, 26 October 2005 14:21]

Julz01
Regular

December 2004
Re: 20v oil filter Wed, 26 October 2005 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heres the listing from the ryco website for anyone that wants it

http://www.rycofilters.com.au/index.php?pageID=14& amp;vMake=Toyota+Cars&vModel=Corolla

I didnt managed to get to go into work today but when I go I can try and find out if they list another filter for the 20v
Rowan
Regular

January 2003
Re: 20v oil filter Sat, 29 October 2005 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just use the same type that goes on an ae82 corolla twin cam (Ryco z386 from memory) it works fine in my current 20v and my previous 20v. It was about the same size as the one that came off the front cut from Japan so i assume that that was the right size!

[Updated on: Sat, 29 October 2005 06:53]

187_20v
Regular

October 2004
Re: 20v oil filter Sat, 29 October 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh i changed my oil and oil filter 2day
i got a FSA oil filter the part number was FO 1037
i think its the same as the ryco z386
cause it said interchangerable with z386 on the box it come in
cost me like 6 bucks only

btw i hate going to auto shops and ask for 20v parts and they dont know
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 20v oil filter Sat, 29 October 2005 22:53 Go to previous message
I don't know the whole part #, but from Toyota the E1 or E2 filters fit. The E2 one is correct for all 4A-G engines as far as I know. It would cirtainly do the job.

On my 20v I have removed that oil filter extension spacer thing and just screwed the filter to the block. I'm not sure what the spacer was for.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1ggte power w/stock internals
Next Topic:W5X Short Shifter GROUP BUY POSSIBILITY
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:07:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051372051239014 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.