Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Dizzle
Newcomer

October 2005
Toyota Corona ST141 Conversions Fri, 28 October 2005 00:15 Go to next message
Best "bolt in" conversion For a st141???
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Toyota Corona ST141 Conversions Fri, 28 October 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doesn't really exist, unless you wanted to stick a 22re in or a 3tgte ie got a corona TT142 halfcut with the 3tgte and changed everything over.

Other than that there is no bolt in motors, plenty of ppl have done a 1ggte conversion to them so there is plenty of info avaialble to go tha route. But by your terminology it is not a Bolt in conversion.
mic*
Regular

July 2005
Re: Toyota Corona ST141 Conversions Fri, 28 October 2005 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Define "best"

In whose opinion, for what purpose, budget, blah blah blah.

Very ambiguous question dude.

I dont know anything bout coronas anyway... Other than the QLD dept of trans registerd my Mark II as a corona???

Go figure Confused Confused
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Toyota Corona ST141 Conversions Fri, 28 October 2005 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mic* wrote on Fri, 28 October 2005 11:28

Define "best"

I dont know anything bout coronas anyway... Other than the QLD dept of trans registerd my Mark II as a corona???

By mark two you mean MX23????? in which case that is a corona. Otherwise i'm stumped. The best bolt in is simply the 3tgte, but i don't know how often corona TT142 half cuts are actually available.
GTtwin
Regular

August 2005
Re: Toyota Corona ST141 Conversions Sat, 29 October 2005 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm about to do a 1G-GTE swap in my ST141, looks like it should be pretty easy. I have already done the front brake upgrade from a MX-73, that was a straight bolt on. I will post up pics when I get off my lazy arse and get started on it.

c:/connie1.jpg
GTtwin
Regular

August 2005
Re: Toyota Corona ST141 Conversions Sat, 29 October 2005 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Fri, 28 October 2005 11:33

mic* wrote on Fri, 28 October 2005 11:28

Define "best"

By mark two you mean MX23????? in which case that is a corona. Otherwise i'm stumped. The best bolt in is simply the 3tgte, but i don't know how often corona TT142 half cuts are actually available.

"X" platform is always a Mark II, Cresta or chaser (Latter years). The "Corona Mark II" was AMI Toyota simply sticking a Corona Badge on the MX23 to make it more palatable to the Australian market. If you look at the Jap Toyota lineup of that vintage, an MX-23 is always known as just Mark II.
mic*
Regular

July 2005
Re: Toyota Corona ST141 Conversions Sun, 30 October 2005 23:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

GX81 Mark II - registered as Corona...

Cressida's are all X platform models too arent they???

Thought that is what they would register it as.
GTtwin
Regular

August 2005
Re: Toyota Corona ST141 Conversions Sun, 30 October 2005 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, Cressida is "X" too.
Man, thats just funny, a GX-81 Corona! DoTARS really know how to mess shit up when it comes to import classifications. Aside from the fact that an ST-151 Corona was avaliable as a low volume as well. So lets see, In Australia we have an 89 Corona thats a 1.8L Front drive hatchback and another "89 Corona" thats a twin turbo/supercharged 2L six, rear wheel drive sedan, but the government says their the same thing! Hey why not class anything with 4 wheels a Corona.
mic*
Regular

July 2005
Re: Toyota Corona ST141 Conversions Mon, 31 October 2005 00:13 Go to previous message
...thats what me thinks...

Works for me tho coz i couldn see my 6 months worth of rego costing $350 dollars for any other 2.0L supercharged 6cyl.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:A70 front end on a GZ20 body?
Next Topic:TA22 shock inserts.....same as AE86??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 11:27:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046570301055908 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.