Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Hybrid_86
Regular

October 2003
Aftermarket BOV on GZE Wed, 02 November 2005 09:48 Go to next message

g'day guys,

currently i do not have a BOV fitted to my GZE, i tested the std unit i have been given and it leaks. i have been thinking about fitting an aftermarket plumb back bov, but not sure how it will work on a ZE. I have also found out that the std bov start to leak after 10lbs of boost (im running an SC14 blower) and i plan to have a 16lb pulley fitted before christmas.

the standard bov is open at idle to by-pass the blower, low pressure are in the intake manifold creates vacumm, hence sucks bov open.

has anyone had any problem running an aftermarket plumb back bov on a GZE?

any information will be appreciated.

cheers

Daniel
  Send a private message to this user    
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Aftermarket BOV on GZE Wed, 02 November 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do the ABV modification and it will not leak.
http://www.mr2sc.com/websites/tech/abvlines.htm

the ABV is spose to open at idle etc, if you really dont like the way it works (though i dont see the use of one at all, it serves it's purpose as a air bypass valve like it was designed to) and your sc14 is still useing a clutched pulley remove the ABV all together.
Hybrid_86
Regular

October 2003
Re: Aftermarket BOV on GZE Thu, 03 November 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my blower is currently hard wired, with my management, my idle is fluctuating between 1500rpm and 2000rpm, so i need to sort out a blower by-pass of some sort. im not really understanding how that ABV diagram as i only have half the sensors. I will take the ABV modification into consideration though. thanks for the assistance.
so has anyone tried an aftermarket BOV?
sikmr2
Regular

January 2003
Re: Aftermarket BOV on GZE Fri, 04 November 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just get rid of the abv altogehter, its a UPOS! Unclamp it from the blower outlet, then unbolt it from just under the throttle body and make a plate to fit over the hole and cover the other bit on the blower outlet with a bit of dowel or anything you can jam in there. It makes no difference on how the gze runs, if anything it will run smoother and rev a bit easier. Very Happy
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Aftermarket BOV on GZE Fri, 04 November 2005 11:25 Go to previous message
as much as i do not like the ABV (people used to think i was stupid when i threw mine away Wink ) i would still use one if the s/c has a fixed pulley.

basicaly Hybrid_86, run the vacum line from the ABV into a tee peice and put the tee peice on the vacum line that runs from the inlet manifold to the brown fuel regulator VSV.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Spare oil sender port on 7mgte?
Next Topic:weird problem with car stereo
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:25:05 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049560070037842 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.