Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » New engine won't start!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
johnO2
Occasional Poster

June 2005
New engine won't start! Sat, 19 November 2005 04:40 Go to next message
Guy's

I've just finished putting iRa11y's old engine in my car.
I got the wolf 3d v4 he was using as well. Which is allready tuned for the engine and pretty much ready to go. I'm using waste spark dual coils like he was. I know my coils, igniter's, fuel pump and injectors are all wired up and working. According to the wolf 3d my starter is turning over at about 200-300 rpm. Which isn't that high. Is this my problem or can any one else think of anything I can check.

When I turn it over the engine is shooting flames out the extractors but won't kickover and run.
  Send a private message to this user    
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: New engine won't start! Sat, 19 November 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
proccess of elimination, check for constant spark in all cylinders (earth it out on the cam cover or soemthing) check the injectors are working, check all your connections and what would advise be without checking the earths. theres a million and one possibilites just have to eliminate the obvious and work it down from there
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: New engine won't start! Sat, 19 November 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
does the starter sound "healthy" (is it spinning as fast as it should)? does the engine cough like it's trying to turn over but can't quite make it? you're obviously getting spark and fuel in at least 1 cyl judging by the flames out the extractors Smile
johnO2
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: New engine won't start! Sat, 19 November 2005 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What you've explained is pretty much exactly what it sounds like.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: New engine won't start! Sat, 19 November 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
although battery may be new, charge it up for a day..
Wolf can be picky when it comes to low battery voltage...

or try and jump it directly from another running car..
johnO2
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: New engine won't start! Sat, 19 November 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've just talked to ira11y he said my timing my not be quite right. How close to the preset advance set in the wolf 3d do I have to be for it to start.
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: New engine won't start! Sun, 20 November 2005 02:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
last time i took my engine out put it back in and it wouldnt start it would splutter and try to start but wouldnt turned out the plugs were rooted 8month old fuel will do that to plugs Razz try the cheap stuff first if its not something technical
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: New engine won't start! Sun, 20 November 2005 03:58 Go to previous message
johnO2 wrote on Sat, 19 November 2005 14:40

When I turn it over the engine is shooting flames out the extractors but won't kickover and run.

... does suggest timing is way out (could be 90 or 180 out) or you have at least 2 plug leads swapped and one or more cyls are firing when the zorst valve is open.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:corolla sx nose cut
Next Topic:Idle, stalling and fouled spark plug problem on 7mgte
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 20:49:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0076069831848145 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.