Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Trick_T18
Occasional Poster

October 2002
    n/a
icon14.gif  V8 Corolla Thu, 06 February 2003 08:05 Go to next message
I am in the process of putting a mild 302 in my ke36 corolla (ke30 corolla wagon) and i was wondering if anyone has done a similar conversion and can give me some pointers... thanx
  Send a private message to this user    
ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: V8 Corolla Thu, 06 February 2003 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you go mate... im putting a 302 in my supra Very Happy Its a boss 302 (windsor with clev heads) lets show these turbo fellas that old pushrods still have their place in cars today!! Evil or Very Mad

[Updated on: Thu, 06 February 2003 11:38]

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon10.gif  Re: V8 Corolla Fri, 07 February 2003 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hope you don't plan to go around corners.
Steve_Reynolds
Regular

May 2002
Re: V8 Corolla Fri, 07 February 2003 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A mate of mine put a 351 in a KE36ish wagon. Lot of work (ie fabricate and install new trans tunnel etc. He had to extend the chassis rails right back ensuring that the thing didn't triwst itself in half. He did a first rate job and it appeared at a few car shows in QLD. Open the lid to see it crammed of chromed engine looked unreal. Used to fequent the drags and was on a TV add up here some years ago. Surprisingly, It didn't handle too bad at all as it was pretty low. Had single system and a dummy pea shooter exhaust out the back to keep the coppers at bay. All fun and games until the police (doing RBT late one night) heard him idling up the road (60Km/h) and thought it sounded like a V8, took a look under the bonnet and it left on the back of a tow truck after they ordered it not be driven any further. The cops actually loved it and it really was well engineered (he spent a zillion on it) but you just can't expect them to let a corolla van drive off with a 351 in it can you??? There's an expensive lesson in this story.
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Corolla Fri, 07 February 2003 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LMFAO!! This is just funny!! Yeah ok, kool that it was well engineered.... BUT.... it sounds like it wasn't BLUE PLATED!!!
Why the fuck would you drive on the road if it wasn't blue plated???? Give me one good reason?? If it was BLUE PLATED then I do not see how the cops could force it off the road!!
Only thing would be the fake exhaust that they could do you for, even then they would only possibly fine you and tell you to get it fixed and sent over the pits!! Not off the road immediatley!

Another thing without BLUE PLATE COMPLIANCE.... If there is an accident, if there are any injuries it is not covered by CTP, so good luck repaying someones medical bills for the rest of your life!!

Quote: "Surprisingly, It didn't handle too bad at all as it was pretty low"

Just because a car is dumped on its belly does not mean that it has better handling!!
Steve_Reynolds
Regular

May 2002
Re: V8 Corolla Fri, 07 February 2003 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NO modification plate. Course not. How do you ever think youd get one for a 351 in a rolla?????????!!!!!!!!!
You'd be surprised how many are out there without mod plates though, let me tell you. expensive lesson indeed.
BTW, it handled pretty good irrespective of how low it was.

ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: V8 Corolla Fri, 07 February 2003 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep they're right i dont think youd get a 5.8L engine approved in an old corolla. I was going to put a 350 chev (almost 5.8L ) in my car but i didnt because people told me id have trouble getting it both registered and insured, so i went for a 302 instead (5.0L)

[Updated on: Fri, 07 February 2003 05:26]

ricky1
Occasional Poster

September 2002
icon14.gif  Re: V8 Corolla Sun, 09 February 2003 07:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
great idear for a V8 but why not a toyota V8? and how many mods do you have to do to get it to fit must be tight.Any photo's that would be good to see .
suprav8
Regular

May 2002
Re: V8 Corolla Sun, 09 February 2003 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
302 windsor will be far narrower than a 1uz...so it will fit better.....weight is always an issue.......consult an engineer dude before you do anything!!!!
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: V8 Corolla Sun, 09 February 2003 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You will have clearance problems with the right hand exhaust manifold and the steering box. We put a 302 Windsor in a paddock basher KE30 once for a laugh - great power to weight, but...! If you are serious about doing it, start looking into rack and pinion steering setups, but watch out for the bump steer!
Clint!
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: V8 Corolla Sun, 09 February 2003 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why we are on the subject of crazy corolla conversion a guy near me has just completed a 2jzgte into a ke70 ( that will give ya a run for ya money Irally Razz

i dont think he will be turning to many corners

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon11.gif  Re: V8 Corolla Mon, 10 February 2003 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
2JZ-GTE in a KE70?!?!? Holy fark!!! Put wings on that thing and it'll reach a low orbit!! Shocked
ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: V8 Corolla Mon, 10 February 2003 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol thats just fucken stupid...waste of power and money...why didnt he put in a 454 big block while he was there? Laughing

[Updated on: Mon, 10 February 2003 07:19]

Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: V8 Corolla Mon, 10 February 2003 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is a white TA22 with a ford 302 v8 in it floating around here where i live. its got a 9" diff in the back of it and bloody hammers like nothing else.

i don't think its engineered somehow...
ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: V8 Corolla Tue, 11 February 2003 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i think ive seen that around...i think it or one similar was in a magazine at one stage...does hammmer alright!!! mmmm 9"...nice.... Razz I will get one if the 7.5" crownwheel breaks...should be right tho theyre pretty tough...
CamZH
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: V8 Corolla Tue, 11 February 2003 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Robbo,
How the hell do you plan on replacing your IRS with a 9"??

Do you know what IRS is??

CamZH
ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: V8 Corolla Tue, 11 February 2003 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
INDEPENDENT REAR SUSPENSION. replace the diff centre not the whole axle.
BlueRocket
Occasional Poster

January 2003
Re: V8 Corolla Wed, 12 February 2003 03:26 Go to previous message
i have heard of a 427 in a mini minor before Shocked the boot was filled with so much lead that half the cars weight was in lead (some people have way too much spare time on their hands)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Microtech tuning for 4age 20valve
Next Topic:Junkyard 18R turbo kit
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:39:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0081861019134521 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.