Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
well the 1u parts are here! have a look Sat, 15 February 2003 01:52 Go to next message
we now do the 1u manifold! just ask me if you want to know something about the parts
mick

how do i post the picture of the 1u engine? the picture is on my puter!
  Send a private message to this user    
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: well the 1u parts are here! have a look Sat, 15 February 2003 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Send me the pic and I'll host it for you.
giant_tomato@yahoo.com
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: well the 1u parts are here! have a look Sat, 15 February 2003 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks mate i emailed it to you!
mick
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: well the 1u parts are here! have a look Sat, 15 February 2003 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Voila!
http://members.optusnet.com.au/gianttomato/Toyota%20Power%20/lexusv8.jpg
PS you have some mail from me now!

[Updated on: Sat, 15 February 2003 02:25]

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: well the 1u parts are here! have a look Sat, 15 February 2003 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks gianttomato!
what do you think guys! we now do most things for the 1u!
mick
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: well the 1u parts are here! have a look Sat, 15 February 2003 02:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe....

let me know when youve got a roots type blower manifold going yeah?!

cheers
ed
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: well the 1u parts are here! have a look Sat, 15 February 2003 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
F**k the Rootes type blower....I want THAT!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: well the 1u parts are here! have a look Sat, 15 February 2003 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey mick Ya dont happen to have a inle manifold for a 3sgte to suit RWD do ya?
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: well the 1u parts are here! have a look Sat, 15 February 2003 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, I have few questions...

1st, Are you saying that adding individual throttle-bodies only realises an extra 40HP over stock? (For comparison, the Bullet GT roadster with a similar setup was around 400HP)
2nd, how much does your setup cost?
3rd, How does it go with engineering/roadwoarthy from the point of view of induction noise?
4th Are the trumpets the same height as the original plenum? (I'm thinking of under-bonnet clearance here).

If we can achieve good results with something like that, at reasonable cost, then I may be interested...
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: well the 1u parts are here! have a look Sun, 16 February 2003 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man that engine i love

whats a good car to put it in for sprints dave ? Smile

maybe we can stick in T-18 somehow

T-18 with 8 trupets out the front would look... interesting Smile
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: well the 1u parts are here! have a look Sun, 16 February 2003 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed
ok will let you know when we have a roots inlet.

cool1
no i dont have a 3sgte one yet but will try and find you one.

biased99

the roadster SS has a similar setup,exept for its blower and blower manifold{429hp}. the roadster v8 {nat aspirated }has similar setup and is 301hp. individual throttle-bodies will not add much power unless the intake it replaces is of a bad design and or restrictive. they add drivability more than anything, this is why drag racesers use large carbies{950-2000cfm} instead of dividual throttle-bodies , as it allows maximum air up top of rev range but is no were near as good for throttle modulation. the same thing happens when you put a large single on the end of a plenum, it will be dull to drive down low and be at full throttle when buttefly is half open or there about depending on size, makes a car a prick to drive.

engineering can be organised no problem.

the trumpets can have there length changed and can also be carbon fibre in a curved style.

hope this helps

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: well the 1u parts are here! have a look Sun, 16 February 2003 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ed
ok will let you know when we have a roots inlet.

cool1
no i dont have a 3sgte one yet but will try and find you one.

biased99

the roadster SS has a similar setup,exept for its blower and blower manifold{429hp}. the roadster v8 {nat aspirated }has similar setup and is 301hp. individual throttle-bodies will not add much power unless the intake it replaces is of a bad design and or restrictive. they add drivability more than anything, this is why drag racesers use large carbies{950-2000cfm} instead of dividual throttle-bodies , as it allows maximum air up top of rev range but is no were near as good for throttle modulation. the same thing happens when you put a large single on the end of a plenum, it will be dull to drive down low and be at full throttle when buttefly is half open or there about depending on size, makes a car a prick to drive.

engineering can be organised no problem.

the trumpets can have there length changed and can also be carbon fibre in a curved style.

hope this helps
mick
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: well the 1u parts are here! have a look Sun, 16 February 2003 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Mick, I'll be needing one shortly.
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: well the 1u parts are here! have a look Sun, 16 February 2003 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The car to which I referred is the "3rd" car in the Bullet line-up...the Roadster GT, which produced a Naturally aspirated 400HP with a throttle-body setup such as yours, after-market engine-management (obligatory, with this kind of intake), and...I'm not sure what else.
They don't make 'em anymore as AEC (the parent company) decided that the engineering (for noise etc) was too much hassle...Or so I'm told.

BTW, how much does your setup cost?
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: well the 1u parts are here! have a look Sun, 16 February 2003 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mick,

I tried calling you, but the number I have is wrong.

I want one of the remote oil filters ASAP as mine is leaking.

I need to know a little about it first. I only need the adapter on the block, and also does your kit have a spot for the oil pressure sensor?

I've got plugs similar to the remote kit I bought from autopro (3/4 inch hoses I think). I've got bloody expensive hosed from pirtek, but the adapter we made up on the engine side leaks. Not good. Also theres nowhere to put my oil pressure sensor.

Please call me on 0408 235547. I'll probably be interested in some of the other stuff you do for that engine too. And your workshop isn't too far away.

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: well the 1u parts are here! have a look Mon, 17 February 2003 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
biased99,
I know the car you are talking about, I'll try to find the old Bullet site on the net because it was still up on the net. Personally for me, that was the most impressive car in the Bullet range.
What I'd be asking kingmick was how it compares to the Carbontech gear...
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: well the 1u parts are here! have a look Sat, 22 February 2003 22:45 Go to previous message
manifold are $3400 +gst.{these sit 30mm lower than standard}
remote oil kits are $240+ gst
engines are $1500+gst
hi flow breather is $260+
compliance is $250
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AE-1986 who owns it here
Next Topic:Mp3 head units
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:51:24 UTC 2024