Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Drew-AE86
Regular

August 2002

4age idling problem Wed, 19 March 2003 22:36
ok, i was driving home today, came round a cnr, put my foot down, and bam, the car felt like it was struggling, i went up around a few cnrs, popped it outta gear to roll down the hill, and she stalled. Every time i went to start the car, she would keep on stalling.

When she does start and stay on, she idles at 500ish rpm and it sounds like there is a HUGE leak from the exhaust manifold (wouldnt think this would be a problem to do with idle)

When the motor is revved a bit (i think ive stretched my accelerator cable cuz there is alot of slack in the pedal) she sounds like she is missing a beat, but i anit 100%. Also when i do rev it, she doesnt feel like she wants to rev at all.

I was thinking of replacing the spark plugs and leads, and tighten up the accelerator cable (or replace if needed) but id rather get some other peoples pov on the problem be4 i go out and spend my $$$

This morning when i went to start it, after last nights ordeal, she doesnt want to start at all. I checked my manifold for cracks, but cant seem to feel any, will haev a better look tonight.

Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong with my motor???

any help would be greatly appreciated
Drew

Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   4age idling problem  Drew-AE86Wed, 19 March 2003 22:36
Previous Topic:1jz problems, need help
Next Topic:no oil pressure

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 09:39:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048539638519287 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar