Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Smoke from Carbies?!? not good rite?? or just drive faster so the smoke will go away?!!!?!?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BOGking
Regular

February 2003
icon4.gif  Smoke from Carbies?!? not good rite?? or just drive faster so the smoke will go away?!!!?!? Sat, 12 July 2003 04:44 Go to previous message

Just transplanted a 2tgu into my ta22! Very Happy
i ran a stocko 2t soo i am unfamilar with an 2tgu and Twin Solexs.

i just did the transplant the other day, and have not had time to get it tuned.

But, this morning when i started the engine, some white smoke was coming out of carbie( coming out of the Filter Pod, for about 3-5 seconds then it disappeared). but after some restarting and some running time, it was ok and it was running fine. Is it just flooding of petrol or oil?? soo it is safe to drive it around for a few days until i go get it tuned?

Also the engine,or to be more specific, the Carbies tends to Cough?? abit now and then. I am thinkin it is just because it is not warmed up. But when i rev the engine abit to about 3-4k then back off it coughs and pops ( it pops and coughs from the carbies and not from the exhaust, and it isnt REally loud lik a back fire).

Is it just because it needs a tune?
or more mojor lik a rebuild/service of the carbies?

thanks for any advice.
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   Smoke from Carbies?!? not good rite?? or just drive faster so the smoke will go away?!!!?!?  BOGkingSat, 12 July 2003 04:44
Read Message   Re: Smoke from Carbies?!? not good rite?? or just drive faster so the smoke will go away?!!!?!? NorbieSat, 12 July 2003 05:07
Read Message   Re: Smoke from Carbies?!? not good rite?? or just drive faster so the smoke will go away?!!!?!? BOGkingSat, 12 July 2003 08:17
Read Message   Re: Smoke from Carbies?!? not good rite?? or just drive faster so the smoke will go away?!!!?!? silverfoxSat, 12 July 2003 09:36
Previous Topic:How to pull apart a speedo?
Next Topic:disc brakes on a 22 diff?

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 16:27:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047829151153564 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.