Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » RANT:- Lazy panel beaters/painters!!!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

RANT:- Lazy panel beaters/painters!!!!! Fri, 30 August 2002 04:13 Go to previous message
Before i start, THIS IS IN NO WAY AIMED AT THE PEOPLE ON THESE FORUMS WHO ARE IN THIS PROFESSION!!!

Now that i have that out of the way, my car has been in bits now for about 3 months. Once it was back to a bare shell, i was told by the guy "supposedly" doin the paint work on the car, "its better off if u paint strip it back to bare metal". Fair enough says i, so my brother and i spend god knows how many hours doing just that. After spending $1400 the week before on rust repairs, i was glad to find NO more rust in the shell Rolling . As with all old cars, there is always car park dents, and deviations in the roof, but in general straight order. So we prime it up (prevent it from rusting) and i tow it to the "panelbeaters".

After a short chat with the owner, "Now, i will start it next week. I just have a Torana to finish off, but i will definately get it started Monday", talking about it the wednesday before that. "yep, no worries. So how long will you have it for??" ask i....."No more than 2-3 weeks, will have it done by the end of August, no worries" says he......"Thats what i was aiming for" says i "Need it driveable by November"......."yeah, you will definately have it back by the end of August"......

BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited him this arvo to work out a price, the car is still sitting in the same spot, untouched, where i rolled it off the trailer!!! Turns out he would rather not spend the time fixing all the little dents and tidying up around the body!!! So now i have to find someone to do a "cash" job for the panel work ( MAY have that sorted, unsure yet though), on his premises, so that when that part of the job is finished, he can take it upstairs to paint it.

Its got me stumped how these people are in business. 3.5 weeks and it hasnt been touched, whereas if another shop had it, MAYBE it would be finished. Who knows!!

I have nothing against paying for quality work, but i have EVERYTHING against people who blatantly tell you crap and cause you greif, over something thats in their best interest to complete and do a quality job on!! NO RECOMENDATIONS COMING FROM ME ABOUT THIS OFFENDING SHOP!!!!

Basically, as everyone usually does, im working to a budget and a time limit. I only pay for work that i have to pay for (ie, do almost everything myself), and because of this, both budget/time limit has been shot to pieces.....

Cant believe it...... Nope Cry Cry No No No Eye Spin :-
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   RANT:- Lazy panel beaters/painters!!!!!  TRACTION_ISSUESFri, 30 August 2002 04:13
Read Message   Re: RANT:- Lazy panel beaters/painters!!!!! ytriFri, 30 August 2002 04:25
Read Message   Re: RANT:- Lazy panel beaters/painters!!!!! Fri, 30 August 2002 05:39
Read Message   Re: RANT:- Lazy panel beaters/painters!!!!! THE WITZLFri, 30 August 2002 06:13
Read Message   Re: RANT:- Lazy panel beaters/painters!!!!! Fri, 30 August 2002 06:29
Read Message   Re: RANT:- Lazy panel beaters/painters!!!!! DAMOFri, 30 August 2002 06:39
Read Message   Re: RANT:- Lazy panel beaters/painters!!!!! manipulateFri, 30 August 2002 07:56
Read Message   Re: RANT:- Lazy panel beaters/painters!!!!! RattleheadFri, 30 August 2002 09:37
Read Message   Re: RANT:- Lazy panel beaters/painters!!!!! YoungyFri, 30 August 2002 13:34
Read Message   Re: RANT:- Lazy panel beaters/painters!!!!! toyrotaSun, 01 September 2002 00:36
Read Message   Re: RANT:- Lazy panel beaters/painters!!!!! RattleheadSun, 01 September 2002 08:53
Previous Topic:Australian Starlet Site/Club
Next Topic:The new Supra?

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:40:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053510665893555 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.