Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
muzzi
Regular

December 2004
For Sale / Trade: Black SW20 MR2 Fri, 15 July 2005 04:08 Go to previous message
Hi all,

Some of you may know my car, it is a very nice, black, JDM g-limited 1989/1990 SW20 MR2.

It is stock as a rock, there are some custom wheels on it (14's) that it came with, but other than that it is JDM stock.

It has done under 140k km and it is in very good condition. I paid just under $12k for it in December last year. Since then I have put 4 new tires on it. I have put a 3 point black wire immobilizer in it (to satisfy young and cool) and I have put a nice but not over the top stereo system in it (it came without head unit or speakers) and I have kept it very clean. It has just had a $700 service done on it and I have just re-registered it (so registration until July 2006). It runs VERY well.

Why am I selling it? Well, I am nearly 21 and still live at home but it isn't working out anymore (it never really did) so I have finally got off my butt and decided to move out. I am buying a unit and need a deposit. At first I thought I could do it with the car, but now I realize that I can't and every extra grand I have for the deposit will save me 10 times that down the track. Not only that but with petrol costs going up and the insurance expense ($168/month comprehensively insured under my name with young and cool) it is just not really viable whilst I am busting my gut and cutting down in other areas just to get enough money for this unit.

Now. I would consider a trade for the right stock / near stock corolla or celica (with cash adjustment) but I would also sell it outright. If this happened I would probably buy a 1.3l daihatsu charade or ford festiva. I know these cars are (comparatively) pathetic, but these are the conditions I am living under trying to scrounge together a ten percent deposit for a unit in Sydney.

I know this is a huge sacrifice and I know I will miss my car like nothing else Sad I still stop to admire the beautiful lines of it every time I get out of it or see it in a reflection. When I think about loosing it I feel really, really down Sad but it looks like its the only way I can afford something more than a delapidated studio apartment in the nasty parts of the sydney.

I know I could probably get more for it if I put it in the paper or on car sales or something, but I would much rather it go to someone who will truly appreciate it. Anyone who has driven in one of these would attest – there is nothing like it. Providing someone can come up with a reasonable offer I would much rather see her go this way. If I don't get any interest here the MR2 clubs will be my next stop, failing that, the papers.

Any offers?

Thanks
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   For Sale / Trade: Black SW20 MR2  muzziFri, 15 July 2005 04:08
Read Message   Re: For Sale / Trade: Black SW20 MR2 kojakFri, 15 July 2005 04:22
Read Message   Re: For Sale / Trade: Black SW20 MR2 muzziFri, 15 July 2005 04:28
Read Message   Re: For Sale / Trade: Black SW20 MR2 johneSat, 16 July 2005 04:18
Read Message   Re: For Sale / Trade: Black SW20 MR2 muzziSat, 16 July 2005 05:25
Read Message   Re: For Sale / Trade: Black SW20 MR2 muzziSat, 16 July 2005 05:30
Read Message   Re: For Sale / Trade: Black SW20 MR2 muzziSat, 16 July 2005 05:36
Read Message   Re: For Sale / Trade: Black SW20 MR2 muzziMon, 18 July 2005 02:30
Previous Topic:Not a Toyota 1990 VN Berlina V6 Auto, Quick Sale $2500 ono with PICS
Next Topic:Make an offer

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 16:42:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066258907318115 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.