Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Car wont turn off?! HELP!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Car wont turn off?! HELP! Wed, 24 August 2005 04:19 Go to previous message
okay, now i hope this doesnt make things harder but the car is a torago. its my mums.

last night it was running fine. but i parked it out the front wif a for sale sign in the window and left it over night.

ive never had nuffin like this b4, but i got it this morning.
my cousin goes to start the car, nuffin happens, so he hits the o/d and then it starts up. but it strugled and shit. he shuts it downs. but it doesnt turn off. the engine stalls, but it continues to crank. he panics turns it back on and brings it in.

i had no idea bout this problem till i started to drive up the street. the car wouldnt go, had no power(not that it usually does but less than normal). i pull in the drive way and floor it, nuffin. the car jus cruises, it tries to drive but its being held back. i thought maybe sumfin been jammed up the exhuast, but when i went to turn it off. the engine stopped. but the starter kept kicking over, but wif no ign "on" it wouldnt start. jus continuosly cranking. like i was turning the key all the way round but it wasnt starting. only thing is i wasnt turning the key, i dun even think it was in the ignition.

to turn the car off i had to disconnect the battery. i opened up the engine bay(which is under the passenger seat) and all smoke poured out. smelt like a belt was jus spinning on the spot. thats why i figure the starter was jus trying to kick over.

atm, i cant think of anything else.
i cant see if anyhting been jammed up the exhuast but it doesnt fit if sumfin has. not that i know of.
if sum1 tried to rip the car off, and tried to hotwire it, would that cause i problem like this?

i disconnected the ignition and when i connect the batt, it stopped it from trying to kick over. would that mean the problem is at the ignition end? there are sum hacked wires under there, but they been taped up, and i duno how long for.

any help would be appreciated.
im trapped at my cousins Razz
thanks guys,
-------
jason
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   Car wont turn off?! HELP!  Smokey228Wed, 24 August 2005 04:19
Read Message   Re: Car wont turn off?! HELP! HyDrAWed, 24 August 2005 04:37
Read Message   Re: Car wont turn off?! HELP! NorbieWed, 24 August 2005 04:49
Read Message   Re: Car wont turn off?! HELP! Smokey228Wed, 24 August 2005 05:13
Read Message   Re: Car wont turn off?! HELP! thechucksterWed, 24 August 2005 05:27
Read Message   Re: Car wont turn off?! HELP! Smokey228Wed, 24 August 2005 05:53
Read Message   Re: Car wont turn off?! HELP! ToobsWed, 24 August 2005 06:36
Read Message   Re: Car wont turn off?! HELP! Smokey228Wed, 24 August 2005 07:39
Read Message   Re: Car wont turn off?! HELP! KOFFEE-BLACKWed, 24 August 2005 08:00
Read Message   Re: Car wont turn off?! HELP! dravenWed, 24 August 2005 09:14
Read Message   Re: Car wont turn off?! HELP! LeighpThu, 25 August 2005 04:15
Read Message   Re: Car wont turn off?! HELP! Smokey228Thu, 25 August 2005 10:34
Previous Topic:5MGE/6MGE Differences
Next Topic:--where to get exhaust gasket for 1gg?--

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 12:50:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061590671539307 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.