Email to friend 
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GZ20TT
Occasional Poster

July 2002

Subaru Auto Gearbox Help Mon, 03 October 2005 07:05 Go to previous message
Hi,
the missus has a 2000 Liberty auto, which we've had for 2 years or so.
For a while, when you first put it in drive, you'd need to prod the accelerator just a touch and then it would sort-of jump into forward motion. You'd hit the accel, there would be nothing - the engine free-revved a bit, then drive would engage. Once going though, it was fine, shifting smoothly etc.

Anyhow - on the weekend - it had a REALLY hard time getting going after being started for the first time. It would start moving in reverse OK, but didn't want to go forwards at all - either in park, 1, 2, 3 or drive. We did the usual - turn off, restart, jiggle the gear lever in case it was a bad sensor etc - and it finally got going - time to get it sorted.

We rang a local (ex-subaru dealer) service place and they said to take it to Subaru Service and to ask for a "good-will" price on the gearbox replacement as it was a known fault. When we got the car to Subaru - they did not aknowledge the "known fault" but put in a good-will form anyway. We're pretty sure we mentioned the issue to Subaru when we last sent it there for a service (back when we still had a warranty) - but they didn't have it on record.

Now - to the point.
Anyone know of a user group/forum where I may find info as to whether the gearbox is known fault or not? This is in case they knock back the good-will price. We're up for a full gearbox replacement and it's nearly $4K.
Google (well the string I used) hasn't turned up a site that has what I want - Can anyone help?

Frankie
  Send a private message to this user    

SubjectPosterDate
Read Message   Subaru Auto Gearbox Help  GZ20TTMon, 03 October 2005 07:05
Read Message   Re: Subaru Auto Gearbox Help kingmickMon, 03 October 2005 07:47
Read Message   Re: Subaru Auto Gearbox Help silkishugeMon, 03 October 2005 08:12
Read Message   Re: Subaru Auto Gearbox Help Dale_ta22Mon, 03 October 2005 08:40
Read Message   Re: Subaru Auto Gearbox Help wagonistMon, 03 October 2005 13:14
Read Message   Re: Subaru Auto Gearbox Help cannonballTue, 04 October 2005 00:12
Read Message   Re: Subaru Auto Gearbox Help justcallmefrankTue, 04 October 2005 01:33
Read Message   Re: Subaru Auto Gearbox Help wagonistTue, 04 October 2005 01:45
Read Message   Re: Subaru Auto Gearbox Help GZ20TTTue, 04 October 2005 00:26
Previous Topic:How much am i looking at for a 100kw 4AGE?
Next Topic:How many toyota's have you got around your house?

Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 16:25:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050790309906006 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.