Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
important note to all ra40 owners Thu, 05 August 2004 10:15
hi guys
i have found that many cressida parts will fit onto my ra40. firstly power steering, the bolt holes all line up perfectly, so no new holes will need to be drilled or modified. the only problem i encountered is that the 2 pin rubber disc plate that connects to the steerin column shaft sits about 15 - 20 mm to far up. this can be corected by sliding the 2 pin rubber disc plate down on the steering box spline as far as it will go, then tightening the bolt which holds it there. this only leaves it out by about 7mm. to get this extra 7mm the steering shaft will need to be machined at the the top end so the ignition switch and bearing can be slid back into its origional position. brackets for the pump will need to be fabricated.

power locking will literally bolt in, but conecting rods will need to be made to join the locking mechanism with the electromagnet.

power windows are a bit of a challange as the winder frames are different between cressidas and celicas. i cut both winder frames at the same position and the welded the bottom part (cressida - where electric motor bolts on) to the top part (celica winder frame)- this combination seems to work fine. 2 existing holes can be used but 2 new hole will need to be drilled. spacers need to be used on all holes because the electric motor sits out furthur than what the celica winder frame does.

many other parts are interchangable like, throttle cable, elec. ignition igniter assist, radiator, center console and much more

i hoped this article can help someone.
brett
  Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Stripped thread on tie rod end or nut
Next Topic:Starting problem, getting closer...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 07:59:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.086181163787842 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.