Toymods » General Car Talk » The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
icon13.gif  The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Mon, 21 April 2003 11:59 Go to next message
It has come my attention that JDM ae86s are real expensive these days, and I personally do not think that it is viable to import them.

Everyone knows in japan that 86s are revered cars. So much so that they demand high prices at auctions. I've heard of an instance where one went for 2 million yen. The car was nothing special, just minimal rust and a straight body.

It's gotten to the point where japan is looking elsewhere for better 86's, and I've even heard rumours of them importing some from Australia and other countries back to be re-shelled and raced. This would be cheaper than trying to look for a good condition 86 in japan. So for us to be buying from japan really is questionable. Not unless we are buying the NQR ones????

For the ones that we do see in Australia, I reckon they aren't that great. For example, the ones on the C-RED website has been race prepared, and I reckon that under the nice exterior lies some heavy chassis damage from racing. If they were any good, I reckon they'll be snagged by local japanese bidders at auctions. I reckon the japanese market often outbids foreign exporters, as they are less reluctant in spending some stupidly high amount of $$$ on a hachi.

I've seen many threads where people reckon a 'mint' condition 86 will be about the $10 000 dollar mark. I believe that this is not a good indication, because they are basing it on JDM 86s in Austrlia. These have a nice paint job, and thats about it. I believe that these JDM vehicles are in pretty bad nick. We'll probably never see a good nick JDM not unless we spend big bux. So that is the basis of my argument, I would not spend $10k on a car that is falling apart structurally. If you wanted to get a good JDM one, I honestly believe that you'll prolly be spending 15k +

So what does this mean? I reckon everyone is better off doing up there OZ spec ae86 than dreaming about importing, as it is way cheaper, and relative of the cost you'll spend, be better condition. On the bad side, trying to source stuff like LSDs and other hot up parts will be difficult. ALSO, all those Tofu delivery wannabe boys will be stuck driving levins.

What do you guys think? have you guys ever had good/bad experiences with and import 86? Or do you know of any good ones of a decent price.
catch.

[Updated on: Mon, 21 April 2003 14:25]

Send a private message to this user    
strober
Regular

June 2002
Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Mon, 21 April 2003 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JDM stands for japanese drift machine right? is it like a brand or sumthin?
Widowmaker
Regular

November 2002
Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Mon, 21 April 2003 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
strober wrote on Mon, 21 April 2003 22:45

JDM stands for japanese drift machine right? is it like a brand or sumthin?

Very Happy lol , japanese domestic market .... i wouldnt call a toyota front wheel drive maxima JDM a drift machine Laughing

sorry to say shcao but your post was kinda all over the place and i dont understand you. but anyway you wont be getting a "mint" hachiroku for $10,000. and while buying one from japan is nice and cheapish and you get all the good parts i reakon half the fun of having a car like the ae86 is building it up yourself while this takes time and alot of money!

[Updated on: Mon, 21 April 2003 13:24]

shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Mon, 21 April 2003 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Basically, I'm saying that genunine JDM ae86s a shit expensive, for good ones, and you boys are better off buying local sprinters and doing em up...

Widowmaker
Regular

November 2002
Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Mon, 21 April 2003 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that really not that expensive when you think about it add up what it would take to get a aussie spec sprinter upto the spec of the imported trueno's are it would cost over $10,000 and that's if you cant find the parts . but i like the fixed lights over the retractables anyway Very Happy
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Mon, 21 April 2003 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ONce you finish with an LSD, a 4AGE, better exhaust and intake, etc.. etc.. You'll be looking at a round a bout $10 000

But if you spend $10 K on a JDM one... chances are, it'll have the living shit thranged through it...

So if you have a 10K aus spec and a 10k jDM, I believe that the Auspec, in terms of chassis conditions, and general vehicle condition, would be better.

Now if you were to buy an equivalent JDM one with a good condition chassis like the modded AUSPEC, then you are looking round bout the 15-20k...

[Updated on: Mon, 21 April 2003 14:31]

Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Tue, 22 April 2003 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dunno about you guys but the best value hachi's are the one's done up like Mr 20 Valves - $35k poured in and you only have to pay less than a third. If I had to do it again, I'd definitely buy one that's been modded.

$10k for a import JDM AE86 is not bad in my eyes given that (1) you get hard to source parts like 4AGE engine + LSD rear and (2) it is the genuine real McCoy, not just a modded car.

There is some truth in what both of you's have said ... I agree with Widowmaker in that there is more fun & satisfaction in doing up a car HOWEVER I disagree that doing up an Aus spec AE86 is economically feasible ... mine's been upgraded to Jap spec but it owes me $15k already - my only comfort is that (1) I at least know where the money's gone to (2) the parts replaced thus far are brand new so it drives like new and (3) that the car has never been raced or trashed during its life so far.

Saying that, you can see why ppl who do up their cars in most cases will not part with one ... I doubt if I could get the $$$ back but at least it's a car I'll cherish until I'm Bunta's age ... hah hah Smile

http://www.members.optushome.com.au/magneticrose/evo10.JPG
strober
Regular

June 2002
Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Tue, 22 April 2003 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Widowmaker : JDM = Japanese Domestic Market
hey that does make alot more sense! Laughing hahahaha
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Tue, 22 April 2003 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree 10k is a kewl price on a genunie real McCoy,

provided that it is alright....
I've seen a 10K trueno coupe b4, and let me tell you it was nasty.
It was rusted underneath big time, and the car was structural damaged from a lot of drifting. So 10K for this vehicle is not worth it I dont think.
Except if you had access to a clean 86, and transfered over all the parts. Thats only if you got a lot of time, or a lot of $$$.

Something like that black 20v is definitely the best way of getting an awesome hachi.

In japan, decent 86s are so expensive from what I heard (importers, friends). A decent one is comparable to the price of a mid 90's rx7.

So yeah, definitely I reckon the best way of buying a hachi is an already modified one. If not, a decent hachi that hasn't been thranged, and upgrade from there. Cause a nice Original JDM hachi is prolly out of my price range, or more so, what I'd be willing to pay. Sure, there are 10K hachis, but the idea of splurging that much on a beat up vehicle doesn't really tickle my fancy.

ROck on.
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Tue, 22 April 2003 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hiya,

Speaking of mint cars, check this out!!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;item=2924875520&category=2030

(ok ok I know it's not a sprinter, but still!).

rgrds
sam
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Tue, 22 April 2003 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.kaizousha.com/P01.asp?cType=4
check out this site
there are some levins going for around 3800 Aus dollars, doesn't include shipping and compliance but gives u a fair idea what u get for that price Very Happy
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Wed, 23 April 2003 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.funonwheels.net/othercars/sprinter/Spri nter_GTV.html
or you could do this to your aus spec sprinter turns out nicely too Very Happy
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Wed, 23 April 2003 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam wrote on Wed, 23 April 2003 09:29

Hiya,

Speaking of mint cars, check this out!!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;a mp;item=2924875520&category=2030

(ok ok I know it's not a sprinter, but still!).

rgrds
sam

OMG OMG im off to rob a bank! lol
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Fri, 25 April 2003 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im going to be the very estatic owner of a trueno (1986 kouki)after she arrives in 2 months

does this automatically make me a "Tofu delivery wannabe boy"?
im quite unhappy, that just by wanting popups (hey.. i love the 80's) it makes me a "wannabe"...

and what of the wataru wannabe's (looking at your dodgy... and the ryosuke wannabe's?

i could add a comment here about all aus spec levins being ae85's

but i know better than that... teeheehee

**disclaimer: if anything ive said pisses you off, i didnt really mean it.....honest! :D**

[Updated on: Mon, 29 September 2003 16:14]

shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Fri, 25 April 2003 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The tofu wannabe boys is more like a joke. Didn't refer to anyone driving pop up lights to be tofu wannabe.

Just that time and time again, I've heard of initial d inspired idiots going... oooh ae86 sprinter.. and expect it to be a panda trueno like takumi.. When they rock up... they call it itsukis car!!! Laughing

I know your not trying to be takumi, in the fact that you are getting a kouki (takumi has got a zenki). Good choice, I reckon the curves on a kouki looks better, and those redline tailights will stand out heaps...
Smile
Rock on!
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Sat, 26 April 2003 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift, I wouldn't worry about what other people say ... afterall, it's your money so you're free to do what you want with it. I must admit that having a Panda does turn some heads now and then. Smile

Just out of curiousity, how much is this costing you and are you doing this via an import dealer (if so, which one)? Also, what mods does it have (ie. LSD, different motor etc etc)?

Oh, btw ... Aus spec Sprinters are not Hachi-go's or AE85's for the record ... they are still AE86's or Hachi-roku's - this is determined by the chassis regardless of the specs ... look in any Sprinter and you will see AE86 stamped on the firewall.

Same goes for American spec SR5's which are AE86's as well. The AE85 was only available in Japan as far as I'm aware and had a weaker chassis structure with less bracing. It also had a different engine (not the 4AC - a 3K or something instead).

http://www.members.optushome.com.au/magneticrose/Sig3.JPG

[Updated on: Sat, 26 April 2003 00:46]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Sat, 26 April 2003 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
okay thats fucked up.......

[Updated on: Sun, 27 April 2003 01:44]

Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Sat, 26 April 2003 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well something screwy is certainly going on here! Evil or Very Mad
evilshyt
Regular

November 2002
Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Sat, 26 April 2003 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift:
Quote:

im going to be the very estatic owner of a panda trueno (1986 kouki)after she arrives in 2 months

does this automatically make me a "Tofu delivery wannabe boy"?
im quite unhappy, that just by wanting popups (hey.. i love the 80's) it makes me a "wannabe"...

shcao:
Quote:

Didn't refer to anyone driving pop up lights to be tofu wannabe.

hmm, sounds like a freudian slip (on ae86drift's part) Laughing

Dodgy_Haro, bet you've got a photo album dedicated to your car don't you? i've noticed you've already posted a number of em already across the forum!
nothign wrong with lovin a good hachi i guess hehe

back to the topic, i think shcao has a point...
sure, nothing can compared to the "real mccoy". but a real mccoy in bad condition surely can't be better than a machine assembled to the same specs, and i think that Dodgy_Haro is an example of that. it "runs like a new car", suffers from no thrang damage, and got a nice paint job.

a $10,000 real mccoy will be nice, but you've gotta question the quality of that vehicle - 86s are still immensely popular in japan... will they be parting with such a classic when they damage so many of em already in their drift and race circuits?

these things are still in very high demand, and i rekon a 10k landed vehicle can't be a good vehicle, given that level of demand. it just doesn't add up.
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Sat, 26 April 2003 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
evilshyt wrote on Sat, 26 April 2003 23:07

Dodgy_Haro, bet you've got a photo album dedicated to your car don't you? i've noticed you've already posted a number of em already across the forum!
nothign wrong with lovin a good hachi i guess hehe

he is only proud of his car, and why not it looks great.

also what is the exchange rate on the yen like in the japanese link above there is a car for 180000 yen what is that in aussie dollars?

thanks

Daniel.
evilshyt
Regular

November 2002
Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Sun, 27 April 2003 01:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
munki, are you missing a few nuts or did you completely miss my point?

never have i disputed the fact that you can get imported 86s for 10K or lower. however, i do question their condition. 86s aren't your regular 2nd hand cars, which are only a few years old. its 20 years, and at that age there are bound to be lemons. japan still use 86s in competitions. given so, do you think they'll be parting with good condition classics for just $A3,000 and keeping the lemons? (let me remind you that japan's ae86 supply isn't limitless)

and wat of the lemons? how much do you think they go for? 1k? send me a 1k lemon if you can find one, cos i'd love to use it as a parts car.. the stock LSD assembly alone will be worth 2k.

pls read my prev post again, cos i have no idea how you came to thinking that i said you can't get $10,000 import ae86's in the country. i said you can, but i also said it may not be very good.

about dodgy_haro, let me REPEAT: nothing wrong with loving a good hachi Smile
FYI, i didnt' say he shouldn't be proud of his car, nor do i dispute its nice. in fact, i used it as an example of a good 86 without walking the import path.

ps. i'm assuming that your previous comment about exchange rate was a genuine question and not a nasty bit of sarcasm. so, i'm gonna calculate it for you in simple steps you should be able to follow:
exchange rate as of 27.04.02: 74.4 yen / $A1
price of an 86 as per the website: 180,000
divide by 74.4 to convert to $au: $2,419
so yes, you can get your beloved car for under 3000, so go for it dude.
you're welcome daniel Smile
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Sun, 27 April 2003 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
evilshyt wrote on Sun, 27 April 2003 11:23

about dodgy_haro, let me REPEAT: nothing wrong with loving a good hachi Smile
FYI, i didnt' say he shouldn't be proud of his car, nor do i dispute its nice. in fact, i used it as an example of a good 86 without walking the import path.

Hah hah ... yes, not that I'm proud (although some may see it that way) but I just luv my car is all it is ... and that's worrying at times ... haven't ditched the GF yet but if it comes down to either one or the other ... Smile

No offence taken ... I'm just too lazy to change my sig although I may do it now (saves me having to post the same lame pics).

Back on the topic though, I have heard some wild stories that the Japanese have been shonky in that they take different AE86's that have suffered drift damage and sort of weld them together. Shocked

Here is a good read from Moto-P (webmaster of the Club 4AG forums) who's knowledgeable on AE86 imports from Japan.

http://forums.club4ag.com/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&a mp;TOPIC_ID=13354

He's Japanese too so I'm in no doubt as to what he's saying. As such, it is wise to check out a car first before laying down $$$ for it.

Besides ae86drift, we still haven't heard whether the Trueno you're getting is the bargain it is ... also, what's with the mass accumulation of AE86's? Isn't one enough for you? Sounds like with the $$$ you're spending, you could actually get something that's got even better performance. Just curious is all ... Confused

shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Sun, 27 April 2003 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Haro...

great piece of info on club 4ag...
I reckon if you find a cheap crap condition ae86, transplant all the parts over onto a clean Aus Spec chassis, and you'll have a bloody clean JDM 86. Clean enough to compare to those high end ae86s selling for some absurd amount of money. I mean, you get the whole works inlcuding spiff interior, dash, climate control, some with power steering, not to mention the all important 4age, and LSD. And if it tickles your fancy, a trueno face!!! Smile The only Aus Spec thing about will be the chassis code Smile

my 2 cents.
rock on.

[Updated on: Sun, 27 April 2003 11:18]

Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Sun, 27 April 2003 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Personally I don't care too much for the trueno front ends, but each to their own... if I had my choice I'd have a 2 door with fixed headlights... Shocked

also, AE85's come out with 3A-U and K50 gearbox, so it's not correct to call and Aus-spec sprinter an AE85, even though they do have a some AE85 running gear (eg brakes, diff).

sam
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Sun, 27 April 2003 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

The AE85 was only available in Japan as far as I'm aware and had a weaker chassis structure with less bracing.

nope.. they were exactly the same chasis down to the very last seam weld Smile

and they were available in NZ and limited numbers in parts of europe as well

the engines were as allready stated a 3A-U or 3A-C depending on where you bought one (U usually denotes california emissions) and theyre a 1500cc variant of the 4A, they even use the same block but with a different bore.

most had the T50 cable variant gearbox and the S series diff housing although one of mine had a T series with LSD but no disc break rear.
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Sun, 27 April 2003 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This one would do me just fine Wink :

http://sprinter.qnix.com.au/images/2door.jpg
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Sun, 27 April 2003 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Besides ae86drift, we still haven't heard whether the Trueno you're getting is the bargain it is ... also, what's with the mass accumulation of AE86's? Isn't one enough for you? Sounds like with the $$$ you're spending, you could actually get something that's got even better performance. Just curious is all ...

ahh yes, i was going to reply to this thread again Wink

im laying out 12k for my 1986 86 kouki trueno landed and registered with new tyres/cat/belts etc.

its a lot for a 20 yr old car. but its pretty spec'd out.full revolver suspension+bars .fightex coilovers + trd springs/struts, toda internals, trd shifter and close-ratio box. re-welded chassis, cage, ssr wheels, kaaz 2 way lsd, immaculate BLACK interior (one of my REQUIREMENTS, red...UGH) j-blood kit

lets say it makes the c-red one look tame Wink

when i purchased this car i was very careful of these "hack shops" i was warned about by my private importer. we went through about 80 truenos before finding the right one. he had his guys in jp look over the cars for problems, finding no major issues (the car itself has has 1 minor accident, but no chassis damage) we chose to purchase. it was from a garage, being the older non-turbo car, they sold it to make way for their GT300 car. apparently a s15.

as to the "mass accumulation":

im buyign a local sprinter coz its the "best" au car that i can "afford" to buy to use in the coming months while my car is transported (i paid less for shipping so the date was put back to may 14). after i get the trueno, ill be giving the AUS 86 i buy to my Girlfriend, as she wants to learn to drive a manual (and is interested in racing too) and likes the 86.... as long as its gloss black with mesh wheels Very Happy

girls....

my opinion od aussie cars versus jp cars? nothing really, except the different parts that you get.

GT APEX jdm cars come with lsd, discs, 4age, power steering, and lots of other goodies im sure you all know of, plus the bonus of jdm upgrades already done. if you wait and choose the "right" car then i think you will be safe.

and as for getting a "better" car for the money im spending, i dont like nissans or want a car from that price bracket. i dont want to be one of the "s13/r33/honda/lancer/wrx/ssspulsar" people with bland boring imports. i want a car thats ORIGINAL. not one of 3000 s13's i see and i cant afford the "other" cars i want (sw20/altezza/chaser)..... so thats why im buying the trueno

plus i just LOVE ae86's. oh and yes i love initial d. and no i wont be "drifting" my trueno on a mountain road at 3am, nor will i be delivering tofu.

[Updated on: Sun, 27 April 2003 12:00]

Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Sun, 27 April 2003 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=ae86drift wrote on Sun, 27 April 2003 21:58]
Quote:

plus i just LOVE ae86's. oh and yes i love initial d. and no i wont be "drifting" my trueno on a mountain road at 3am, nor will i be delivering tofu.

Amen to that ... you sound just like I do ... Very Happy

For all those specs, that is a bargain I reckon given that if you put in an extra $3k for paintwork, you'll end up with a car that's had as much spent like mine but better performance bits etc.

Only thing I'm saving up now for is a LSD.

As I said earlier on ... the best deal is buying an AE86 that's already been modded by someone else. I doubt ae86drift would get back anymore than what you paid for the car when it comes to selling it later on but you will definitely reap the benefits of owning one that's been done up like that one has been.

That said, having owned my car for over a year now, I've grown rather attached and we've been through the highs (daily driving everyday with her can't be beat) to the lows (breakdown in Harvey Norman car park due to fuel pump) but it's all worth it for a 20 year old car - no regrets about mine given that the money put into her was done over a period of a year ... if I had waited, I would've bought Mr 20 Valve's car but who would've foreseen the sale of that one?

Was curious as to the mass accumulation with your AE86 is all ... you gotta leave some AE86 wrecks for the rest of us ... hah hah ... Smile
AE92_Hatzi
Regular

May 2002

icon5.gif  Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Sun, 27 April 2003 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

im going to be the very estatic owner of a panda trueno (1986 kouki)after she arrives in 2 months

Umm ive been up for for two days and really need some sleep but what is a 1986 kouki????

zzzzzzzz Yawn Sleep
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Sun, 27 April 2003 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kouki refers to the later relase of the 86, a revised version if you will..

the early release is called the zenki...
these terms aren't official.

urm... zenki and kouki have japanese definitions..
I think early and later... or something like that.

they could also apply to other models with rivisons..
such as the series 4 versuse the sereis 5 rx7...

rock on.
Hachi Roku Trueno
Regular

February 2003

Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Mon, 28 April 2003 13:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And this is my Aus Spec Zenki.........http://www.test.nice.com.au/ed/photos/trackday_april03/pages/belperformance_trackday_april%20011.htm
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Mon, 28 April 2003 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think he means this...

http://www.test.nice.com.au/ed/photos/trackday_april03/images/belperformance_trackday_april%20011.jpg

in japanese zenki means "first" and kouki means "second"

Smile

oh and nice car hachi, where you live i wanna come see your car!!

Smile)

how much and where from?
what brand is that front lip?

email me ! garth@digitalfunk.net
shcao
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Mon, 28 April 2003 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't quote me on this, but I THINK it's the stock Apex front lip. It looks flash cause it's been repainted i think.

Most people who have this front lip have driving lights, so it sort of covers the size of these things.

Rock ON>
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Tue, 29 April 2003 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey ... that car's a little bit too "Takumi" for me Laughing but it's a nice one nonetheless. The 20 valve more than makes up for it though - I just hate ppl who rice up Sprinters with 4AC's. Confused

Still, is that the top of the windscreen surround that appears to be missing? Mine flew off after I replaced my windscreen however I managed to recover it back.

Yes ... all you need now is a black carbon fibre bonnet and the car would look awesome! Smile

Now I can't wait to fit my front and rear spoilers in about 2 weeks time!

[Updated on: Tue, 29 April 2003 03:07]

Hachi Roku Trueno
Regular

February 2003

Re: The real cost of a genuine JDM trueno/levin ae86 Tue, 29 April 2003 05:45 Go to previous message
ae86drift: I live in Sydney......

shcao: Yes, its the stock Apex front lip

Haro: Yeah, lost the top windscreen strip on the freeway (bloody spraypainter didn't put it on properly Mad ). Lucky I've got a few spares at the workshop. Carbon Fibre bonnets I can get from o/seas, Varis Brand for about $800, all I need is a bulk purchase order. I've got 2 orders at the moment.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:sikkk dubbo launch...gif
Next Topic:Hot4s forums
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Jun 1 06:18:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074348449707031 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.