Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Thu, 07 July 2005 02:51 Go to next message
hey all... at long last the 1G is sitting in my engine bay, all bolted up, goodly...

i went and got the wiring diagrams from the articles section from the home page, but the wire colours are all wrong... it's a gen 3 1G, from a manual GA70 supra.

to give you an idea of what i'm looking for... here's the wires from the fist plug (Q off the toymods diagram).

Pin_____________toymods colour__________my colour
-------------------------------------------------- -----------
1_______________b-y_____________________b-y
2_______________b_______________________gr
3_______________l-b (what is this btw?)___g-gr
4_______________gr______________________w-b
5_______________y-r_____________________g-gr
6_______________g-r_____________________y
7_______________lg______________________N/A (don't have it)
8_______________l (what's this?)________y-r
9_______________lg-b____________________p
10______________w-r_____________________b-r
11______________b_______________________b-bl
12______________b-r_____________________b-r
13______________b-r_____________________b-r
14______________l-r_____________________N/A
15______________lg-b____________________g-b
16______________r_______________________p-g
17______________not listed______________r-w
18______________not listed______________r
19______________not listed______________b
20______________p-l_____________________N/A
21______________l-w_____________________N/A
22______________b-w_____________________b-bl
-------------------------------------------------- ----------
(use your imagination, and that table looks alright Razz)

anyone else had this problem? anyone able to help?

also, looking for the left hand bellhousing-engine bracket... mine is missing it...

search yielded nothing beneficial... not even google could help Sad

[Updated on: Thu, 07 July 2005 03:07]

Send a private message to this user    
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Thu, 07 July 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gidday

There may be an obvious answer - but why would you work from wire colours? Toyota does not necessarily stick to wire colours for the looms and there would be heaps of variations. Hopefully the plugs are still on the end of the loom and this is what you should be working from. The pinouts in the Tech Docs covers both gen1/2 and gen 3. Use that. If no plugs you are in strife!

Craig
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Thu, 07 July 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got all the plugs where they should be, i think, but that was another issue... only a handful of my plugs are listed on that toymods file...
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Thu, 07 July 2005 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It aint hard to wire up a 1G... earths, constant power, switched power... might also wanna worry about the circuit open relay etc Razz

Anyway, wire colours mean nothing, except may be the ground wires... which are almost always brown with black dots.
ddeane
Regular

June 2002
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Thu, 07 July 2005 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have not checked lately but the wiring diagram in Tech Docs (I think its 1G-GTE ECU Wiring.zip) is some 5-6 pages and the last 2 are plug pin outs which match the numbers on the actual diagrams, this is for a Gen 3 wiring loom. The pinouts in 1G-GTEU pin outs.doc are for a Gen 2.

Craig
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Thu, 07 July 2005 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a gen 3 1ggte now too so i also need to know which are the constant, switched power etc.

brett
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Fri, 08 July 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pics? Razz

There'll be one constant feed, two switched...

Does the ECU PCB have the pins labeled?
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Fri, 08 July 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ddeane wrote on Fri, 08 July 2005 08:26

I have not checked lately but the wiring diagram in Tech Docs (I think its 1G-GTE ECU Wiring.zip) is some 5-6 pages and the last 2 are plug pin outs which match the numbers on the actual diagrams, this is for a Gen 3 wiring loom. The pinouts in 1G-GTEU pin outs.doc are for a Gen 2.

Craig

yeah, got that but many of the plugs i have don't match the ones on the diagrams... i'm thinking i might just head down the wreckers, and raid a shell, get the other bits i need...
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Fri, 08 July 2005 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey man i am currently doing a conversion too, but gen 2. let me know what you need as i am in bris also and wrecking a z20...

But i think my bell housing brackets are going sorry.
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Fri, 08 July 2005 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how different is the wiring? i imagine it'd be a whole lot different, i need a bunch of bits, not sure atm what... and that's half the problem... i know i need a fuse box,igniter, and a few relays, opening circuit etc...

got all that stuff?
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Sat, 09 July 2005 03:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i dunno. it probably is. i have some of that stuff. but yeah it prob won't help much
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Sat, 09 July 2005 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pop the cap of the ECU and you will be able to find the pinouts that way. hydra suggested it to me and i think it be the best way to work things out.

brett
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Sat, 09 July 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
note, gen2 ecu's dont seem to have the pinout written on the pcb... bit of a pain if you dont look at the repository.
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Sat, 09 July 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill get a pic up soon of my ecu board with all the pinouts so someone call tell me what i need to run it - minimum wires
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Sat, 09 July 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brett_celicacoupe wrote on Sat, 09 July 2005 17:04

pop the cap of the ECU and you will be able to find the pinouts that way. hydra suggested it to me and i think it be the best way to work things out.

brett

WHA?! the pin out is written inside the lid of the ECU? is that what you mean? 'cause that's what i understand.... hehehehe... i'm gonna go check that out... too F***en easy if that's the case Razz
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Sat, 09 July 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's on the PCB itself, not the lid.

I hope you have good eyesight though Smile and don't go poking things.
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Sat, 09 July 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you refering to the pin out for just the ECU? or the whole engine loom? 'cause i'm only having problems with some of the plugs on the igniter 'branch' of the loom... i think the rest is almost sorted...

OH... just remembered, i think my engine came out of a JDM model GA70... could that be the reason my plugs are different to the diagrams listed in the articles section?

[Updated on: Sat, 09 July 2005 08:08]

brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Sun, 10 July 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
under the lid, on the PCB board is little abrreviations of what the wires are for.

example - STA (start), IGSW (ignition switch) etc.
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Sun, 10 July 2005 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm... fair enough... still not what i'm looking for, but it'll probably help me if i can't figure out a way... i think there's a list of the same under the articles section... under "1GGTEU ecu pinouts"

cheers
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Mon, 11 July 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here is a quick autoCAD picture i drew with all the abbreviations written on the ECU board.

so what ones do i need connected??

10, 11, and 1 - i know what what they are

but the rest Confused - HELP!!

http://img298.imageshack.us/img298/1767/1gecu0ju.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 11 July 2005 12:19]

hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Mon, 11 July 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
download the file under the articles section on the home page named "1ggteu pin outs" i think that'll be the one you want
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Tue, 12 July 2005 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SP1 is speed sensor 1 input
SP2 is speed sensor 2 input
FPR is Fuel Pump Relay
W is Check Engine Light
M-REL is Main Relay
NSW is Neutral Switch
P is the Auto Power Switch (Power/ECON)
B is +12v IGN
+B1 is +12v IGN
ACxx is usually AirCon related

Thats all I know sorry.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Tue, 12 July 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
L1, L2, L3, and ECT are all AutoECU related.

As for EGW, TILL, CCO, M, I am not sure.

CCO sounds like it could be the VSV output for the Charcoal Canister.

EGW may be something EGR related at a guess??

TILL could be Turbo Indicator Light or something??

M has me stumped though.

Check the other 2 plugs, then we can rule out what it CANT be.
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Tue, 12 July 2005 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for that cruzida

but would you be able to tell me which ones i need connected as a minimum for the engine to run??

thanks again

brett
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Tue, 12 July 2005 12:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you get the pins for the other 2 plugs?

Is it gen 1, 2 or 3?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Tue, 12 July 2005 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brett, all you need to know is here.
http://toymods.org.au/Repository/TechDocs/1G-GTE%2 0ECU%20Wiring.zip
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Wed, 13 July 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh ive got all the 1g stuff out of the tech docs but what i want to know is if i need ALL of these connected:

Quote:

SP1 is speed sensor 1 input
SP2 is speed sensor 2 input
FPR is Fuel Pump Relay
W is Check Engine Light
M-REL is Main Relay
NSW is Neutral Switch
P is the Auto Power Switch (Power/ECON)
B is +12v IGN
+B1 is +12v IGN
ACxx is usually AirCon related

with my engine loom, it only has 2 of the 3 ecu plugs hardwired to this loom.

the third ECU plug (22pin'er - the one i am inquiring about) i expect was hardwired to the loom under the dash - ie. seperate to the engine loom

so do i need ALL of those pins connected??? bar the auto box crap (i got manuual)

thanks
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Wed, 13 July 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FPR will be needed to turn the fuel pump on.

M-REL will need to be connected

B and +B1 will need to be connected.

BATT and IGSW will need to be connected.

STA will need to be connected.

SP1 will be touch and go. It might work without it, it might go into limphome.
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Wed, 13 July 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks

that was exactly what i was after Smile Smile

with the sp1, this would normally get a signal from the speedo rite??-im guessing

thanks again for your help Smile

wtf does limphome mean?? Confused
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Wed, 13 July 2005 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Limp home mode... means the computer will retard timing and possibly richen the mixture so you don't do any damage to the engine. Suffice to say the car won't be moving anywhere fast Very Happy
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Wed, 13 July 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha Laughing

sounds like you are speaking from experience Wink
brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Wed, 13 July 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW: had a look at your car

very impressive Nod

nice colour too
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Wed, 13 July 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, SP1 is the 4 pulse per rev output from the back of the speedo.

I'm not sure if RA40's have it, but I know everything from RA60 on does.
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Wed, 13 July 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
brett_celicacoupe wrote on Wed, 13 July 2005 14:30

sounds like you are speaking from experience Wink

BTW: had a look at your car

very impressive Nod

nice colour too

Yeah, I've had mine in Limp Home Mode before... not much fun I can tell you...
Thanks for the comments... she's still very much a work in progress though Smile

Cheers,
Kirk
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Thu, 14 July 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 13 July 2005 14:31

Yes, SP1 is the 4 pulse per rev output from the back of the speedo.

I'm not sure if RA40's have it, but I know everything from RA60 on does.

what about RA28's? does this mean you can just wire the sp1 to the speedo....

hang on... *thinking*

speedo has input from g'box... "4 pulse per rev output" means it has an output too!? and that goes TO the ecu via the SP1 connection/pin
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Thu, 14 July 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hickoz_bro wrote on Thu, 14 July 2005 09:45

hang on... *thinking*

speedo has input from g'box... "4 pulse per rev output" means it has an output too!? and that goes TO the ecu via the SP1 connection/pin

Can you expand on your thinking?
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Thu, 14 July 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well this is not related on a "how to" level, moreso on a "why" level... the speedo is the bit dial that tell your speed... right... it has a mechanical input from the back of the gearbox, when you said it has a "4 pulse per rev output" does that mean the speedo sends signals to the ECU via the SP1 pin/wire,

el comprehendaé?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Thu, 14 July 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, the SP1 input to the ecu comes from an output on the back of the speedo.

As the speedo cable turns in the back of the ecu either a 4 tooth disc passes by a hall effect/reluctance type sensor, or something physically comes incontact with the 4tooth disc.

This is definately on all RA60 and on speedo's, but I don't know about anything earlier.
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Thu, 14 July 2005 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when you say it's on all RA60/later models, does that mean the earlier models may not have the output? or they may have a different style/signal output?

and that list of wires you said need to be connected... is that enough to get the engine running????

[Updated on: Thu, 14 July 2005 02:25]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Thu, 14 July 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hickoz_bro wrote on Thu, 14 July 2005 10:23

when you say it's on all RA60/later models, does that mean the earlier models may not have the output? or they may have a different style/signal output?

Most likely don't have one, but I don't know.

and that list of wires you said need to be connected... is that enough to get the engine running????

That what was needed out of that plug.
I don't know about the other plugs.
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Thu, 14 July 2005 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can anyone recommend a throttle cable to use?

brett_celicacoupe
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Thu, 14 July 2005 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hickoz_bro wrote on Thu, 14 July 2005 15:37

can anyone recommend a throttle cable to use?

MX62 cressida cable is what i have on mine. i got the whole cable/pedal setup and ovaled out the holes for the pedal pivot and bolted it to where the old RA40 one went. i then put a couple screws through the flange looking thing into the firewall.

bit of tweaking of the pedal rod required too.

presto!!

i had this setup on the 18rg and it worked fine, although it was a little long because of the throttle being on the drivers side...so it was looped.

although it will be perfect for the 1g seeing as the car it came off (5me) had the throttle body on the passenger side - same as 1g

CrUZsida wrote on Thu, 14 July 2005 12:30

Most likely don't have one, but I don't know.

That what was needed out of that plug.
I don't know about the other plugs.

other 2 ECU plugs are a stright plug in for me

ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: 1GGTE wiring diagrams, and other bits Mon, 18 July 2005 12:17 Go to previous message
yeah but thats the same sort of trouble i am having. just because it plugs in doesn't mean it will run sweet. some of those wire could easily be a straight run to another unplugged plug somewhere, as you have more then just two ECU plugs on that loom no?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:diff for 1jz
Next Topic:6 day 20v conversion! yay!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Jun 28 07:30:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0090920925140381 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.