Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » steering problem on TA22(PLEASE HELP!!!!)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
freakincage_com
Regular

September 2003
steering problem on TA22(PLEASE HELP!!!!) Thu, 27 November 2003 04:58 Go to next message
hey i have a 72' TA22 and wen i am driving straight...the stering wheel can move a hald turn to the right with out moving the wheels..but as soon as i turn left it turns the wheels?? so its got bout half turn of play towards the right??? but it dosnt do it wen it is sitting still??? i reacintly replaced all the ball joints and the bushes...but it still does it???

[Updated on: Thu, 27 November 2003 05:01]

Send a private message to this user    
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: steering problem on TA22(PLEASE HELP!!!!) Thu, 27 November 2003 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
idler arm is loose/worn or the control arm has loose flogged-out tapers or gearbox is loose/worn or there's a loose ball-joint somewhere.

if you got someone to put in the ball joints etc get htem to re-check it. fwiw, the indroopilly bearupairs has a few guys who like celicas (one is in the Qld Celica Club) maybe they know more that your average suspension grunt.

fwiw: Ian Diffen World of Tyres (Taringa ) did my front suspension to get it roadworthy, they failed to tighten bolts all over the front suspension. maybe yours need same re-work?

charles.
freakincage_com
Regular

September 2003
Re: steering problem on TA22(PLEASE HELP!!!!) Thu, 27 November 2003 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanx man, i did the ball joints myself...they are all good....wats the idler arm...?
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: steering problem on TA22(PLEASE HELP!!!!) Thu, 27 November 2003 11:42 Go to previous message
freakincage_com wrote on Thu, 27 November 2003 21:37

thanx man, i did the ball joints myself...they are all good....wats the idler arm...?

oops, so i guess they're pretty damn tight becuase the last thing you wanted to do was climb under the goddam car again to tighten a loose bolt Wink

idler arm is on pass side of engine bay, bolted to chassis rail - holds up other end of rod attached to steering box.

did you get a wheel align after doing the ball joints and bushes? sounds like one wheel's straight but the other just on the verge of turning.

charles.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:valve stem seals on the way out when....
Next Topic:valve sealing question
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 31 20:39:05 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042989253997803 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.