Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
freakincage_com
Regular

September 2003
turbo and supercharged 2TG Thu, 13 May 2004 11:23 Go to next message
hey guys, this is a dumb question but i was just thinking if its been done...like has anyone put a turbo setup on a 2T-GZE?? i'm just curious and trying to think outside the box...any info...criticism is welcom!!
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: turbo and supercharged 2TG Thu, 13 May 2004 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is no such thing as a 2T-GZE. People have turbocharged 2T-GEU's in the past though and with great success if done properly.
freakincage_com
Regular

September 2003
Re: turbo and supercharged 2TG Sat, 15 May 2004 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer i know dude but why hasnt anyone tried to do both??? turbo and supercharger????????
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: turbo and supercharged 2TG Sat, 15 May 2004 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've not heard of it being done with the 2TG - but if done properly could be a lot of fun - cut loose.
earlyrolla
Regular

May 2003
Re: turbo and supercharged 2TG Sat, 15 May 2004 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy

http://www.vr.iinet.net.au/twincharged.jpg
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: turbo and supercharged 2TG Sat, 15 May 2004 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
awhile ago now my friend had a sc14 supercharger on his fj20 turbo with a high flow t3/t4 Smile
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: turbo and supercharged 2TG Sun, 16 May 2004 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The reason you don't often hear of it being done is simple; it's an arseload of work for little gain. And I'm sure someone has done it on a 2T-G at some point, or at least attempted it.
earlyrolla
Regular

May 2003
Re: turbo and supercharged 2TG Sun, 16 May 2004 09:43 Go to previous message
Yes it is a lot more work than straight turbocharging and the intake pipe work will be interesting. In my case I have to build a special controller for the supercharger bypass that I have planned (supercharger bypassed gradually once sufficient boost, vehicle speed and RPM reached).

I am doing it because I thought it would be a bit more of a challenge, it will provide a better torque curve for drag racing with the power-glide and also a bit for the wank factor.

Everyone is free to have their own opinions on twin-charging Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:S50 gearbox ??
Next Topic:How do i tell the difference between a e51 gearbox and the non GZE gearbox
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 9 09:03:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.064022064208984 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.