Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
freakincage_com
Regular

September 2003
3T-GTE with 2T-G Head Sat, 15 May 2004 07:11 Go to next message
hey guyz i know this has been covered, but i was woundering if anyone actually has done this, like some one in toymods..because i found a web page with a guy running a 3T-GTE with 2T-G head and custom inlet plenium, turbo upgrade, intercooler ect, and it is running in the 10's, does anyone kno the limin of the internals of the 3T-GTE?? i know pistons must b upgraded....
  Send a private message to this user    
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 3T-GTE with 2T-G Head Sat, 15 May 2004 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
both rod (toyman75) and jason (yellorolla) have done this
so they are the guys to talk to Smile
as for stock internals ive heard of 150kw with stock pistons
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: 3T-GTE with 2T-G Head Sun, 16 May 2004 03:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have 145kw with stock pistons at 14 PSI. Planning to get a bit more out of the stock pistons yet,
You need to decide what you want power wise. Personally, I think the 2TG head is a good option if you want to use a big turbo that needs high RPM to get maximum power.
For normal street use and up to around 200kw I think a 3T GTE head is fine.

Simon
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3T-GTE with 2T-G Head Sun, 16 May 2004 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You make mention of a car that runs 10's and then ask how much can the 3T bottom end hold up.

The main point to first consider is that drag racing is all about power to weight. You can run 10's with 200rwkW (if the car is light enough). A "standard" bottom end will make this kind of power - even with the 3T GTE head as Simon quite rightly pointed out. Another point to consider is that RPM, poor tuning, and inadequate oiling will be the main factors to kill an engine in short order.

Attention to detail while rebuilding the short motor with forged pistons, while remaining otherwise stock, will hang tough enough to make a LOT of power (how much? how long is a piece of string?), but the more that you rev it then the more it will require maintenance rebuilds to keep it alive.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 3T-GTE with 2T-G Head Mon, 17 May 2004 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The car you mention belongs to Ryan in the US. I haven't heard from him in a while now and his website is getting out of date so he may well have lost interest in the project. Mind you last we spoke he was going to a smaller turbo as the new one was to big and he was going slower. But anyway.

Ryans TA22 runs a dirty big Turbo and the car is set up purely for 1/4mile. Last we spoke he was turning 550rwhp, The factory rods started to bend when he got close to 500 rwhp. (keep in mind these are figures from a US dyno)

The 3TGTE head is also capable of turning some tuff numbers so don't think its all in the head. Big numbers requires a balanced package and a good tune. Also remember a shit tune with low numbers will still kill your engine

SRacin
Regular

March 2004

Re: 3T-GTE with 2T-G Head Mon, 17 May 2004 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, Im currently building one of these hybrids, for several reasons, one its in a ke25, and i like the look of the 2tg head /te27 rep styles, 2tg have bigger cams. but its all hearsay on flow figures, i havent being able to find any thing definitive. im currently trying to organise some flow testing of 2tg and 3tg heads, to find out 4 sure. another advantage of the 2tg head is the intake manifold facing fowards, but at the end of the day its all a mater of budget however, and any head could be made to "go hard"....

Chers
Logan
P.S.
Toyman, i like ya sig, ive got a heaps of old toyota 8v twincam heads Smile all my 3 toyotas have em in some form...
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 3T-GTE with 2T-G Head Mon, 17 May 2004 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
talking about ryans car rod, i saw it on an option vid i have
when they go to the usa to race there s15, ryans car is driving past in the backround Smile and this is late 2003 so i guess its still getting round
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 3T-GTE with 2T-G Head Mon, 17 May 2004 05:06 Go to previous message
Logan,

If you do go down the path of flow figures remeber to identify at wht lift the figures are acheived. There is a formula for lift values depending on valve size.

It is also recommended to get them both with and without your intake manifold plus flow the manifold on its own. Then of course you need to remeber that once you add boost it all goes out the window and your cams become alot more important !

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:KE25 - KE35 difference?
Next Topic:2TG questions
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 9 18:38:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.11243510246277 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.