Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Old Pac cruise night run 16th?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Old Pac cruise night run 16th? Fri, 02 July 2004 04:52 Go to next message
Hello, wanted to see if anyone is interested in a run up and down the Old Pacific Hwy on the 16th? Might head down to Terrigal after for a chat/whatever.

I don't really want to organise it or anything, just want to see who is interested in meeting up and having a run?

I'll try to get some mates (non toyota drivers Razz ) to come along also, so everyone/make of car/etc is welcome.

For times and meeting places PM me.

http://www.theoldroad.com/images/cornersPRE.JPG

Cheers
Joel

[Updated on: Wed, 14 July 2004 01:56]

Send a private message to this user    
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Fri, 02 July 2004 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could well be up for it Cool
Regina
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Fri, 02 July 2004 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Due to possible incriminating possiblities of this thread, no I will not be coming............... Laughing Laughing But a friend driving my car may.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Fri, 02 July 2004 07:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"possible incriminating possiblities " - thats quite a mouthful.
Regina
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Fri, 02 July 2004 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You should try supercalafragalisticexpealidoshus, but I hear you can take a big mouthfull..... hahaha
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Fri, 02 July 2004 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes , ashame you don't have anything big enough to offer me.

Haha ok back on topic... we have 2 possible people so far. Who else is up for it?
Regina
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Fri, 02 July 2004 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hear that there is a 'panda' Mini Leyland that haunts those roads..... Are the rumours true Joel????
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Fri, 02 July 2004 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the ghost of old pac?. heh

observation;

/methinks you should find out whose up for it via a thread then pass the date/time around via PM Wink
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Sat, 03 July 2004 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would imagine that anyone would be incriminating themselves if they went on this cruise. Shocked
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Sat, 03 July 2004 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've excluded the meeting time... will PM those interested.
crokdee
Regular

July 2004
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Mon, 05 July 2004 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Call me ignorant, but what is the deal with this Pac highway, and were abouts is it? I am in brisbane...is this place down south? Also, is it closed off and not really legal to ride on it? In that case it would be a bit of a thrill...when are people thinking? But first need to know were-abouts.

Crok.
74 TA22 - 3T-C...my little gangsta car..hehe.
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Mon, 05 July 2004 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pacific Hwy is exactly that, its an open 2 and sometimes 1 lane hwy that runs parallel to the F3(some freeway or other...)the good bits start at around Hornsby and work its way up to Gosford, but the whole highway goes from the city(Sydney) all the way up to Brisbane?(maybe...I dunno...).

Its windy and has a speed limit of 80, plently of blind corners too Confused . I'm happy to turn up to meet up initially to chat & look at cars, but touge isn't really my style.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 July 2004 05:06]

wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Mon, 05 July 2004 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Might be interested, but it would be in the falcon ute I'm driving.
Crap tyres + tiptronic auto only + no ABS Mad
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Mon, 05 July 2004 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just in reference to an above post. The speed limit of the old pacific highway is 70km/hr, not 80.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Mon, 05 July 2004 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alchemist wrote on Mon, 05 July 2004 15:06

Pacific Hwy is exactly that, its an open 2 and sometimes 1 lane hwy that runs parallel to the F3(some freeway or other...)the good bits start at around Hornsby and work its way up to Gosford, but the whole highway goes from the city(Sydney) all the way up to Brisbane?(maybe...I dunno...).

Its windy and has a speed limit of 80, plently of blind corners too Confused . I'm happy to turn up to meet up initially to chat & look at cars, but touge isn't really my style.

haha shit i was breaking the law real bad doing 180 haha oops
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Mon, 05 July 2004 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought some of the ae86 guys would be up for this??
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Tue, 06 July 2004 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah why not.......

TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Tue, 06 July 2004 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be in for sure. Not working that night.

Want to test out the new koni's to!!!! and the LSD I'm in for sure.

Ps Last we ran that road joel i had a 4M and stokies. Now I have a 7M suspension and LSD and brakes should be good.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Tue, 06 July 2004 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool dude glad you are coming! Haha year I remember our last run from Kariong to Berowra, even back then I was starting to think you'd loose me.

I wish I had the LSD in for it but wont be so Sad

Though this time round i've got some suspension & steering upgrades too so should be good fun!

Wagonist - anything is welcome so if you are up for it come along!

Might have a Mini, VR4 powered '75 lancer? Also an FTO coming along. Should prove to be a real variety of cars.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Tue, 06 July 2004 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill check my calendar , its been a while since ive been up the pac.. last time a certain club president and I recieved a nice reminder of safe driving speeds Smile .. it wasnt our fault .. honest officer.. the roads made us do it!!
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Tue, 06 July 2004 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah unfortunately the cops seem to patrol the old road a bit now.

Haha so they let you off with the 'it was the roads fault?!'

[Updated on: Tue, 06 July 2004 11:10]

rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Tue, 06 July 2004 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whoa.. I haven't been on a hypo 'pac run for ages! Should open the legs on the bird! I'll have a think about it Joel and let ya know!
KOFFEE-BLACK
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Tue, 06 July 2004 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
COuld get a couple of the IS200 guys for this, they like this sorta stuff, unfortunatley, my car isnt out of the shop yet Sad
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Tue, 06 July 2004 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TurboRA28 wrote on Tue, 06 July 2004 21:03

Yeah unfortunately the cops seem to patrol the old road a bit now.

we didnt see the cops the whole time we were on the old pac
good thing too i spose considering the speeds we were doing
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Wed, 07 July 2004 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We'll see how we go Joel Might loose you this time c what happens.

Are we gonna head up and do peats ridge road.

Not as tight as the old pac but more 3 4th gear open corners. Hell last time I was on that road. Dad's camry wasn't having issue's above the 130 mark.

Aslo don't know how long through the night you want to go but sydney siders could always come back via wiseman's. I don't know what time the last ferry is though.
Fieryisles
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Wed, 07 July 2004 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Went for a cruise along the Old Pacific a few weeks ago, very nice drive :)

Sounds like a good cruise to come along and meet some of you guys :)
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Wed, 07 July 2004 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luke - mate I am up for pretty much anything! Like I mentioned I dont really want to be the organiser of this and dictate how and where we go etc. Just want to meet up with some people for a good run as feels like it's been ages! So if everyone is cool to go peats ridge then so am I Smile

Mind you the last run along peats ridge I probably wasn't far from wrecking my mates car when a kangaroo decided to sit in the middle of the road. With me approaching at 160km/h it made a bit of a mess Razz - sorry Mike!

But assuming we are up there late enough should be good, just dont recommend dusk.

Cheers
Joel

Fieryisles
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Wed, 07 July 2004 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunset is particularly bad for visibility when heading back towards sydney Sad
Regina
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Wed, 07 July 2004 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel,
I'll do some research the night before to make sure it will be an uninterfeared run........or at least get some details of what may be expected.
Mike.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Wed, 07 July 2004 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your a legend mate!
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Thu, 08 July 2004 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its about time we have an old pac run but i cant come because of working every night Sad and cops are cracking down hard on modded cars around Hornsby now so be careful.
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Thu, 08 July 2004 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

uhmm no he didnt, i diddnt have the balls to say that to him... he did however reduce the fine and said to each of us that we should figure out which one should thank who hahah hmm wasnt a small fine either .. lucky it was back before the days of instant loss of license.... bloody celicas.. always causing trouble Razz
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Thu, 08 July 2004 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looking forward to it.

We'll just see how it goes on the night where we head to

got my car back on the road again today will keen as to take it out
clubagreenie
Forums Junkie

November 2002

Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Thu, 08 July 2004 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ferry runs 24/7 dudes
Thunderbird2
Regular

June 2004

Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Thu, 08 July 2004 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KOFFEE-BLACK wrote on Tue, 06 July 2004 23:00

COuld get a couple of the IS200 guys for this, they like this sorta stuff
]

Yes, i have heard that this is true... Rolling Eyes

I am merely placing this item in my calender, of course, i don't usually participate in such shenanigans

(ahem, edited post after hitting the wrong quote button)

[Updated on: Wed, 14 July 2004 20:05]

EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Thu, 08 July 2004 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry guys got a bummed out water pump so im gona miss this Rolling Eyes
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Fri, 09 July 2004 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thunderbird2 wrote on Thu, 08 July 2004 19:30

rvrolla wrote on Tue, 06 July 2004 21:32

Whoa.. I haven't been on a hypo 'pac run for ages! Should open the legs on the bird! I'll have a think about it Joel and let ya know!

Umm, what am I missing here? Razz
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Fri, 09 July 2004 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rvrolla wrote on Fri, 09 July 2004 14:26

Thunderbird2 wrote on Thu, 08 July 2004 19:30

rvrolla wrote on Tue, 06 July 2004 21:32

Umm, what am I missing here? Razz

Derrrrr..... It is true that he will let Joel know..... Sheesh!

Rolling Eyes Razz
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Fri, 09 July 2004 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm me confused.. Friday afternoon so ahh well..
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Fri, 09 July 2004 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glad I'm not the only one!! Laughing
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Sun, 11 July 2004 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CAn a Pm go around with possible meeting times, I want to know if i'm going to be doing something before the cruise or after it
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Sun, 11 July 2004 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Forgive the uninitiated here, but wtf is touge? What language are you speaking?? Confused
Sprinter-Saurus
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Sun, 11 July 2004 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RAV-GT4 wrote on Sun, 11 July 2004 17:17

Forgive the uninitiated here, but wtf is touge? What language are you speaking?? Confused

touge, pronounced "tow-gay", its when usually 2 cars start at one given point on a mountain run or some twisties, and theres a finishing point, and they just go hammer and tongs through the twisties, if the rear car stays or overtakes the front car it wins, if the front car pulls away from the rear car it wins. its all the new rage on the jap performance videos, keiichi tsuchiya and some of the other well-known jap race car drivers do it in some sweet cars on the latest BMI dvd- Fuji Fast, awesome dvd. Very Happy
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Sun, 11 July 2004 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, so it's like two cyclists doing their thing at a velodrome right?? Razz
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Sun, 11 July 2004 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Quote:

they just go hammer and tongs through the twisties, if the rear car stays or overtakes the front car it wins, if the front car pulls away from the rear car it wins.

So, is this a touge or just a leasurely 70kph cruise up the old pac?

seeyuzz
river
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Sun, 11 July 2004 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
guys...

mate of mine (civic) who was there with his friend (integra) on thursday night 'racing' (ie going faster than the speed limit), was FILMED and DEFECTED on the OP by cops who SETUP a snare for drivers on the OP

has his license taken on the spot
car de-registered and plates taken on the spot
full defected for every small thing on it
and slapped with a $1700 on the spot fine

no car
no license
no money

be warned, the cops are watching the OP for the next few weeks.

Fieryisles
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Sun, 11 July 2004 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
:(
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Sun, 11 July 2004 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sad indeed
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Sun, 11 July 2004 22:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm that is not good. What does everyone think about ae86drift's mates experience?

Haha ok with touge, i'll reword that to a 'spirited' drive up the old road Smile
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Sun, 11 July 2004 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift - mate do you know if that was south or north of the Hawkesberry? Trying to work out if it was kuringi police or brisbane water.

Thanks
Joel
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Mon, 12 July 2004 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We could do a bit of the putty rd or even go up the bells liner
or there are some twisties around penrith, mitchells pass, 1km or so of one way ex hwy ( unfortunatley where steve the wagonist lost it) and there is old bathurst rd with some harpins, probably a bit of traffic though.

How late did you want to head up the old pac??

We could also run galston gorge and do a slow run of the pac and spirited run out along to wisemans. But if they are up there defecting I don't what to be around as my car could get hit with a few
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Mon, 12 July 2004 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found anther road up the mountains.
Springwood Rd/Hawkesbury Rd
Its a longer, not quite as steep version of Old Bathurst Rd with an excellent lookout for 30-40 cars.

Could go to Windsor, up this road, back to GWH, & then Old Bathurst or Mitchell's Pass. Maybe even visit Krispy Kreme for those who can't the week after (like me).

Stitt, I'll ride with you, I need to save as much fuel in the ute as possible so I don't have to pay for it on my hols the week after.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 July 2004 04:57]

river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Mon, 12 July 2004 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

TheStitt wrote on Mon, 12 July 2004 14:46

We could do a bit of the putty rd or even go up the bells liner

Careful Stitt, I got pinged on the Bells Liner a few months ago. They've installed speed cameras. I didn't know until I got the bloody fine. Mongrel, pig-dog, bastard, swines!

seeyuzz
river
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Mon, 12 July 2004 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What Stitt/Wagonist sounds quite good, what does everyone else think?

rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Mon, 12 July 2004 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have to sit this one out unfortunately Sad

EDIT: Spealing. Confused

[Updated on: Mon, 12 July 2004 05:23]

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Mon, 12 July 2004 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Sun, 11 July 2004 22:18

guys...

mate of mine (civic) who was there with his friend (integra) on thursday night 'racing' (ie going faster than the speed limit), was FILMED and DEFECTED on the OP by cops who SETUP a snare for drivers on the OP

has his license taken on the spot
car de-registered and plates taken on the spot
full defected for every small thing on it
and slapped with a $1700 on the spot fine

no car
no license
no money

be warned, the cops are watching the OP for the next few weeks.

See this is bad. very bad. Besides this.. guys are you aware cops read forums too? Or are starting too.. its only a matter of time before suggestions like this thread could get ambushed?!. As I mentioned before times should be pm'd. For the future I think this should be extended to place/date/times not being advertised at all. Maybe just create a thread 'togue' where interested people would reply saying they want in (knowing it will be sometime in the upcoming say.. 2-14days) and the thread starter then pm's out all the info... a lot of work but perhaps a good idea unless you all want to run into a situation like Garths friend experienced.

Smiley =
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Mon, 12 July 2004 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=bathurst-91 wrote on Mon, 12 July 2004 15:34]
ae86drift wrote on Sun, 11 July 2004 22:18

Maybe just create a thread 'togue' where interested people would reply saying they want in (knowing it will be sometime in the upcoming say.. 2-14days) and the thread starter then pm's out all the info...

this sounds like a very good idea..... You might go "awww..... stuff that - couldn't be arsed", but I think the secretive approach must be used unless we all want to get busted all the time......
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Mon, 12 July 2004 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So what are we doing?? Going west???
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Mon, 12 July 2004 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

See this is bad. very bad. Besides this.. guys are you aware cops read forums too? Or are starting too.. its only a matter of time before suggestions like this thread could get ambushed?!. As I mentioned before times should be pm'd. For the future I think this should be extended to place/date/times not being advertised at all. Maybe just create a thread 'torgue' where interested people would reply saying they want in (knowing it will be sometime in the upcoming say.. 2-14days) and the thread starter then pm's out all the info... a lot of work but perhaps a good idea unless you all want to run into a situation like Garths friend experienced.

Or...

We could all drive sensibly seeing as this cruise has been "advertised".
I know I'm not the best to be saying this after last time.

There are ways to have fun while only "bending" the rules.
Last old pac night run I did there were some ridiculous speeds being reached by some non club members (in Commodores) on the straights which is not the purpose of that road.
For what they were doing, would've been better on the F3.

If your car is that much of a target, maybe either get it engineered, or don't attract attention.

If you're really worried out it, instead of PMing, advertise a couple of routes, then have a meeting place where the final route is decided.

BTW, the route I've chosen would only be a cruise, with a great lookout & about 5km of twisties.
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Old Pac touge night run 16th? Mon, 12 July 2004 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
[Or...

[QUOTE]Last old pac night run I did there were some ridiculous speeds being reached by some non club members (in Commodores) [/QUOTE] Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Any ways you look at this thread it is all bad..... I would advise you stick to no advertisement of any details....

Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Laughing

[Updated on: Mon, 12 July 2004 23:57]

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:SYDNEY ROLLA CLUB CRUISE TO NEWCASTLE THIS SUNDAY 25TH JULY
Next Topic:is tonights meeting still on?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 16 01:33:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0098409652709961 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.