Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Fri, 03 September 2004 06:52 Go to next message
Just wondering who made it this weekend and what they thought of it?

I was there today and i enjoyed it, some real good performances and some not so good.

I'll be there tomorrow again, want to see the D1 drivers show their stuff again.

Send a private message to this user    
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Fri, 03 September 2004 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm fuggin stuck here at work, I'm DYING to go, and can't wait to head out there tomorrow.

people that went today please tell, and post pics!!!
I'll be sure to take pics tomorrow and posting them.
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Fri, 03 September 2004 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i forgot the digi cam 2day, so angry!

Will hopefully have the video there 2morro though.

Simons did well, his car looked great too, also the white 20V Turbo seemed to do well, commentator said it looked like it was on skates because of the kit.

The brown sprinter was awesome, some great drift action from it, didnt see what was under the hood but presume it was 4age or Gze, either way it was very nice.

The D1 drivers were awesome and as for seeing them in the flesh, it is worth the 20 dollars to get in just to see them!
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Fri, 03 September 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just got home. Got Digi cam footage. Im piecing together MPEGs as we speak Wink

Who owned the OTHER white hachi? I was impressed. Cool

the D1 guys were tops.. very fine skills, another level to what was there on the day. there were some good runs and some shockers. It was very enjoyable on a whole, well organised.

MPEGs up later tonight.

Pretty good turn out aswell considering it was a friday and qualifying.
Assailant
Regular

"Cørønå ƒreåk"

May 2002

Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Fri, 03 September 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im going tomorrow with 2 video cameras and my digital camera ,
Audioslaver - are you gonna take us for a ride in your car so I can get some footage??
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Fri, 03 September 2004 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PICS PICS PIIIIIIIICS plz
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Fri, 03 September 2004 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Fri, 03 September 2004 19:04

Who owned the OTHER white hachi? I was impressed. Cool

It's not this car by any chance? If so, I know a thing or two ... Smile

http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl6ii7/Bod1.JPG
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Fri, 03 September 2004 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess?..., the rear bar was also black on the one im talking about however (sorry didnt see it up close)
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Fri, 03 September 2004 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm ... the only other possible white one is Beau Yates' 86.

Either way, I just spoke with Shano (car pictured above) and he said he drove crap today given the little track time they gave + cold tyres.

Anyway, post pics up ... especially Simon's (before he hit the wall) ... Very Happy
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Fri, 03 September 2004 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OMFG Simon hit a wall!!!!???
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Fri, 03 September 2004 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon hit the tires not the wall it looked bad from far away but the sand just slowed him down enough....

there was a dood in a 180 who hit a wall, and got fuckd up.. the rear wheel n axle seemed stuffed up and heavy panel damage.

anyways, good news. I have a nice little AE86 compilation here.. its 28mb!!! (6min long) anyone want to host it?.

Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Fri, 03 September 2004 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
allright, news first in.

simon hit a tyre barrier, but the damage is worse than you'd expect.

the left hand chassis rail has actually been pushed back about 5cm...imagine what that does for castor...anyway, we 'modified' the suspension a bit, so all good. he reckon's it handles better than before!

oh yeh, all you toymods ppl, come and see us, and say g'day. we're in the "PROJECT.D" hiace commuter van Very Happy

i cant believe you guys didn't come and say hi. i mean, you know what simons car is, and what it looks like, so, come on by Cool

anyway, got some killa footage, and some nice pics, but nowhere to put them online until we get back from sydney to adelaide...so stay tuned
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Fri, 03 September 2004 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Fri, 03 September 2004 21:57

. I have a nice little AE86 compilation here.. its 28mb!!! (6min long) anyone want to host it?.

burn it onto a cd, and we'll get it on the net for you Cool

bring it tomorrow/today/saturday to the nats...
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Fri, 03 September 2004 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill be there tomorrow tooo

GO TEAM A-SPEC!

(coz i own steve @ teh ppoool)

Wink
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Fri, 03 September 2004 20:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve-AE86 wrote on Sat, 04 September 2004 00:31

the left hand chassis rail has actually been pushed back about 5cm...imagine what that does for castor...anyway, we 'modified' the suspension a bit, so all good. he reckon's it handles better than before!

Hmmmm ... I'm observing a trend where it seems that any AE86 drifter who bends their chassis claims that there's no problems as their fully adjustable suspension 'compensates' for the prang ... Rolling Eyes

Simon's not the first person I've heard that line from before ... Very Happy
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Fri, 03 September 2004 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CRAP!! I'm not going to be able to get out there.. Crying or Very Sad
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Fri, 03 September 2004 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRIFTNATS FOOTAGE | 03-09-04 (Friday, Qualifying/Practice)

Lucid is the champ hosting these files;

first up is an all AE86 compilation.

http://www.luc1d.net/other/drift_nationals/ae86-dr iftnats030904.mpg

22.6mb | 5:34min

RIGHT CLICK, SAVE AS!

stuff to come; D1 guys | best runs/losses. (which will be smaller file size for you dialupers)
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Fri, 03 September 2004 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude - That's a cool video!! Good work Very Happy
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Fri, 03 September 2004 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
should be there NOW! but i broke my car and my lift is sleeping in!!!
the pain of ringing ur friend that is there and HEARING these beasts slide without seeing it!!!! ohhhhhhhhhhh

[Updated on: Fri, 03 September 2004 23:49]

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Sun, 05 September 2004 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
]DRIFTNATS FOOTAGE post#2| 04-09-04 (Saturday)

Lucid is the champ hosting these files;

first up again.. its an AE86 compilation of the FINALS.
This isnt complete. only shows up to the semis.

http://www.luc1d.net/other/drift_nationals/ae86-dr iftnats-finals040904.mpg

17.9mb | 4:18min

RIGHT CLICK, SAVE AS!
-----------------
Next up its the D1 footage.

http://www.luc1d.net/other/drift_nationals/d1-drif tnats-040904part1.mpg

18.0mb | 4:20min

http://www.luc1d.net/other/drift_nationals/d1-drif tnats-040904part2.mpg

23.4mb | 5:37min

RIGHT CLICK, SAVE AS!

[Updated on: Mon, 06 September 2004 06:32]

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Sun, 05 September 2004 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What were the actual placings. IE top3 in the privateer class?
I had to leave.
Loco
Regular

November 2003
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Sun, 05 September 2004 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That was AWESOME Very Happy

Congrats to the Hyperdrive dude from WA - 40hr drive to win the factory class - that's hardcore!

Congrats also to James and the D1 Garage crew - was hoping the SA boys would win it, but they put on a great show as always.

The 86s in the privateers class were the crowd favs I think - such bad luck in the final when one had to pull out Crying or Very Sad - was dying to see the two Hachi's going at it.

D1 drivers were somethin else - total class above.
genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Sun, 05 September 2004 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was a great weekend. The SA boys just got home this morning at around 7am. It was great that 3 AE86s got into the top 4 privateers. They were doing so well all throughout the weekend. And Beau deffinately deserved the win. its a shame that simon and shane didnt have so much luck in the finals.

Thanks to all of the SYD crew for the friendly hospitality. And hope to see you all in Adelaide soon!

Im off to catch up on some sleep now. cya
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Sun, 05 September 2004 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow that was an amazing day. The guy in the 86 that won the
privateers class was an excellent driver. So consistant all day
and i believe his skill levels were very close to the D1 drivers. The angles that he could come back from were huge and no other car was able to do that.
So good.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Sun, 05 September 2004 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was unreal! Got over 1 hour of video footage from Saturday.

Great to see the AE86's taking out so many top places.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmmmm..............D1 Razz

http://img2.exs.cx/img2/9366/D1times3.jpg

http://img2.exs.cx/img2/4410/D1drivers.jpg

http://img2.exs.cx/img2/8494/bigsmoke.jpg

http://img2.exs.cx/img2/7281/driftnats1.jpg
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Resluts were:

Privateers
1. Beau's Hachi (Silver one)
2. Shanes Hachi (white)
3. Not sure who it was....

Factory
1. Hyperdrive's Green s13 silvia
2. D1 Garages s14.5? might have been another D1 car
3. I think it was that maroon Cefiro but could be wrong

Encouragement award: Simon (By far one of the best on the day, maybe would have beaten Beau, i wanted to see that all day but it didnt happen, Simon V Beau would have been one hell of a sight.

Was a great day, good to see the S.A boys there Very Happy

Loved seeing all the 86's both in the pit area and in the car park!

Cant wait till they open Oran Park for the off street drifts on friday nights! its going to be wild! Will be good to have a toymods event there and see what every1 has got Very Happy

Peace,
Scott
bubbles
Forums Junkie

Banned user

March 2004
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saturday was awesome. Shocked
It looks like drifting is picking up Very Happy
But what the hell was that touring 300zx doing there?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like you guys had an absolute blast!! Shocked

Fuck it, im going next year!
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Great day, but the guy commentating was damn annoying, and he would just throw stupid words together that didn't make any sense!
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Audioslaver wrote on Mon, 06 September 2004 09:42

mmmmmm..............D1 Razz

http://img2.exs.cx/img2/7281/driftnats1.jpg

thats the car that won the last G1 drift day here in adelaide... he must be doin pretty well with a second at the drift nats too
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah myself along with all mates that were there wanted to go kill that commentator.
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TurboRA28 wrote on Mon, 06 September 2004 12:58

Yeah myself along with all mates that were there wanted to go kill that commentator.

I thought I saw you there, but wasn't sure Razz
UUP-46X
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

But the cars were there for our THRASHING PLEASURE!! Rolling Eyes Laughing
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
UUP-46X wrote on Mon, 06 September 2004 13:10

But the cars were there for our THRASHING PLEASURE!! Rolling Eyes Laughing

along with DRIFT FOOD and the D1 drifter's 'sensational autographs' Laughing Laughing Laughing Mad
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
errr I thought the commentary was highly entertaining.

Which is what commentary is supposed to be. Its not fuckin lawn bawls and not everyone there is a hardcore d0rift0 fanatic who knows everything about everything.

[Updated on: Mon, 06 September 2004 03:51]

bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hell some of the commentary was a highlight.

The comments about the chick drifter and others from memory:

"shes a littler girl, look at her move that car around tho, top steering work, top entry and a top chick to boot!"

i was ROFL.

Also "Attention Landcruiser owner numberplater XXX-XXX you have left your lights on.. if this is an indication that you want it taken out on the track and drifted, disregard this"

The 3 D1 drivers get out of the car...

"they lift of the helmets so they can hear each other... what are they saying 'u want hamburger?' 'no i want a drink' 'lets go again?' 'no i want bbq'....... who knows what theyre saying but they are top drivers"

I was like WTF!!! haha.

The guy has a mouth on him and was able to pullout total crap, which is what you need.

D1 driver goes wide into dirt...

"Hes gone wide!! really getting into his Australianisation doing the dirt work"

Cmon people, what would you rather? lol
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LMAO Laughing i remember all that, fuggin hilarious

yeah, have to admit he did keep things on track and made it entertaining, the program was tight and he gave us a few laughs here and there.

i swear i could have smeared 5mm of dust off my car, it was lovin the car wash yesterday Cool

[Updated on: Mon, 06 September 2004 04:10]

Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah all that dirt was from the barstards
doing the rally course over the other side.
By the way audioslaver what had happened to your
rear spoiler?
It looked good without it.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you reckon?

I had SOOO many ppl asking me about it, and judging from all the fingerprints on the boot, i think i could have counted more than 20 separte prints!

Have mixed opinions about it, some like it like it is, and some want the spoiler back

I'm respraying it at the moment, having a bitch of a time getting the old paint off though
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The dust! I reken lol damn rally fellas on the hill.

You shouldv seen what happened Friday, some guy in a falcon ute (new) went for a spin on the dirt track towards the end of teh day. And the commentator saw it

'there seems to be a ute doing circle work on the dirt, just a reminder the cops are waiting at the exits.... looks like theyve picked him up, he'll be done for tresspassing etc..'

heh Nope

So who else got hail sunday night? It was so bad in my area it looked like it was snowing... that wouldve been interesting if it happened during the event.

I thought the event was run basically perfect. Apart from sometimes the delays between runs got a tad long. (yeah the judges need to tally results and all the field operators need to have a green light etc etc) But hopefully the organisers can work this to get the time down.

Other than that my only gripe was the condition of the damn dirt road to get parking. heh it was a nightmare for me.

And last word on the commentary. It was over the top and nonstop which is good/great but I think A nice addition would be a second commentator who has ALL the technical knowledge and can butt in every now and then with sideline or stageing commentary or evan hang at the area behind the bridge giving the spectators the hard technical talk aswell as 'here they come'.

Cant wait till next rnd. =p
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didn't see one copper when we were leaving.
Maybe just a scare tactic cause there were none Very Happy
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fucken oath yeah.

Yeah man, i agree with you 100% on the day. It was highly organised, and the delays ppl are talking about i didn't even notice at all. I could have waited 5 mins between each drift if need be, cuz they were all worth it and very exciting to watch.

Yeah the car park was absolute nightmare going through, was like rabbit holes everywhere, i can't understand how the TNT truck holding the D1 cars got through. BTW, did anyone see these cars being unloaded/loaded? AMAZING site to see with sundown and spotlights gleaming onto the paint as the cars were being hoisted up Cool
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, I was there on Saturday... absolutely awesome...

Saw AE86drift out in the carpark... i was gonna have a chat with you but i wasn't sure if you'd know who i was... good to see the 20 year old toyota's still beating the newer, more powerful cars... I also got one of the D1 drivers autograph and shook his hand... which was hella cool...

Especially liked the strawberry face S14.5... and Simons car with the hot matt black paintwork... I think I swallowed my tongue when Simon's car hit the tyres...

Good work to Simon who came out later and did a few laps with a cone lodged under the front of the car. Hahaha well done on the encouragement award too!!

AE86drift's car looks about eleventy squillion times better in real life...

And when Teziga (spelling Rolling Eyes) got out the Laurel for my thrashing pleasure...

Another highlight was my dad racing the "MR HKS" R34 GT-R on the way home in his Monaro... he did a number of fly-byes and believed he had one fair and square... true story... very funny...

Im sure everyone that came was impressed... The some 9 hours I was there felt like minutes... best car related day ever!!!
Loco
Regular

November 2003
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Commentary had it's moments. Was MUCH better than at other drift events. They copped heaps of flak in Adelaide a while back for having a commentator that didn't know jack about Drift - at least this guy spoke the same language (most of the time...).

The dust in the carpark was a KILLER. My Supra wound up orange with mega handprints.

How was the dude drifting the Cef's front bar after it was torn off on the second corner.

Big effort from security - stands there and goes "Hey. You. Ahhh f#ck it. I'm not even gonna chase him".

The three D1 cars were SO nicely turned out - especially Jame's. Its on the cover of this month's Drift Battle mag for those that missed it. Some nice shots.
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Audioslaver wrote on Mon, 06 September 2004 14:35

fucken oath yeah.

Yeah man, i agree with you 100% on the day. It was highly organised, and the delays ppl are talking about i didn't even notice at all. I could have waited 5 mins between each drift if need be, cuz they were all worth it and very exciting to watch.

Yeah the car park was absolute nightmare going through, was like rabbit holes everywhere, i can't understand how the TNT truck holding the D1 cars got through. BTW, did anyone see these cars being unloaded/loaded? AMAZING site to see with sundown and spotlights gleaming onto the paint as the cars were being hoisted up Cool

that cone was funny as and yea congrats simon must of been something special out there with the d1 boys.

and i was in the car when we raced that gtr skyline very funny

[Updated on: Mon, 06 September 2004 09:17]

Alainve
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was there and these are some of the better pics i got!
it was a simply awesome day with heaps of great driving

mouse over the images to see the filenames
http://www.users.on.net/~vanede/drift-nats/3x%20d1%20drivers.jpg

http://www.users.on.net/~vanede/drift-nats/3x%20d1%20drivers2.jpg

http://www.users.on.net/~vanede/drift-nats/cefiro+ricolae86.jpg

http://www.users.on.net/~vanede/drift-nats/r31%20house%20r31.jpg

http://www.users.on.net/~vanede/drift-nats/simon-ae86+silvia%20rear.jpg

http://www.users.on.net/~vanede/drift-nats/simon-ae86+silvia.jpg
jpg

http://www.users.on.net/~vanede/drift-nats/white%20ae86+s14.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 06 September 2004 06:14]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spoiler goes back on des

the day was awesome

Surprised

nebuchernezzer
Regular

July 2004
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Privateers
1. Beau's Hachi (Silver one)
2. Shanes Hachi (white)
3. Not sure who it was....

3. was a grey 180sx yeah? i think it was Alexi Smith from InitialDrift.
Great day Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 06 September 2004 06:22]

ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes sir Surprised

that first pic is killer!!!!
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Audioslaver wrote on Mon, 06 September 2004 15:53

yes sir Surprised

that first pic is killer!!!!

Agreed Very Happy

uleah!
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
79rollaboy wrote on Mon, 06 September 2004 14:58

Saw AE86drift out in the carpark... i was gonna have a chat with you but i wasn't sure if you'd know who i was... good to see the 20 year old toyota's still beating the newer, more powerful cars... I also got one of the D1 drivers autograph and shook his hand... which was hella cool...

aww man thanks Very Happy

and you shoulda come and chatted, aha, hell, everyone else did!

random dude ="dude, how much did you pay for this?"
me = "13k onroad, then the bonnet wheels lip and interior for an extra 4k"
them = "woah, haha your a nutter"
me " Very Happy "
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Big plug to Shane and Bob (white vertexed ae86), nice car, nice drift, top bloke.

After the incident of the final, and scopin your car out, you had the courtesy to chat and drop everything to show me certai things, unlike some others who did well and shunned an aye Rolling Eyes
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guess no one likes my vids Sad lol.

I took a camera to observe the D1 guys line taking and ability. But then I thought what the heck I might aswell film other doods for the benefit of the toymodders who werent there & also were... So I went for the AE86 footage and some others, I kept missing some guys which became apparent/pretty funny after the hours spent piecing the footage back together on pc.. Ahwell.

Enjoy none the less. Smile
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice vids man, just no sound @ work Sad
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah man the videos were sik, good sound too, that commentator does sound like a bit of a dickweed tho Rolling Eyes
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Mon, 06 September 2004 16:59

79rollaboy wrote on Mon, 06 September 2004 14:58

aww man thanks Very Happy

and you shoulda come and chatted, aha, hell, everyone else did!

random dude ="dude, how much did you pay for this?"
me = "13k onroad, then the bonnet wheels lip and interior for an extra 4k"
them = "woah, haha your a nutter"
me " Very Happy "

Next time i will talk to you for sure... Smile Did Simon end up keeping the cone? Coz he drove off the track with it under there... Did anyone see the Mark II with "JZX90" plates??? Coz that guy lives close by to me and I'm dying to go for a run in it...
4ageeza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
absolutely sick weekend. Much enjoyment was had. Smile

Thanks to the Sydney lads for your hospitality. All syd. ae86s are more than welcome to come to the Drift nats in Adelaide. We can all go for a cruise. Thanks also for the stickers Garth Smile Your car provided much arousal! Razz

Congrats to Beau and Shane, and also Simon for his award.

[Updated on: Mon, 06 September 2004 08:49]

ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go WA!

WA had 3 or maybe 4 cars sent over east to compete. 3 were under the hyperdrive banner. driftmike came 1st in his class in the green s13

http://www.antilag.com/forums/attachment.php?attac hmentid=431

If im not mistaken all 3 are powered by rb25det's
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: DRIFT NATS: Who was there/What did you think? Mon, 06 September 2004 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
I too love your vids!

Shows the angles that Beau was getting, how he managed to bring some of them back is beside me, He can controll his car in almost the same way as thouse D1 drivers.

Garth and Des, Big thumbs up to your cars, look great in the flesh!

Also to all the S.A boys, thanks for being so friendly and helpful. Nice to see that not all in the car community are snobs, like most of the guys there at Oran Park
Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Spotted: AE86 GT-V Levin [Syd]
Next Topic:MK2 mx23 Coupe with damage - whats it worth?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 17:42:07 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.013896942138672 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.