Toymods » Members Rides » Camry SV21

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
westlife
Regular

September 2003
Re: Camry SV21 Wed, 09 March 2005 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did someone say a Camry ran 12.4 ? man I need to see pics of that.The fastest Camry in AUS I believe has run 13.9 with a stock ST205 3S-GTE engine conversion and ran on shitty street tyres.He has a time-slip to confirm aswell.
  Send a private message to this user    
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Wed, 09 March 2005 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think that you maybe talking about Camry GT?'s car? very nice sleeper that thing!
killa_cam
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Wed, 09 March 2005 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meh, I think they got potential... the challenge is doing up a car that no1 thinks of modifying. things like Mini's, Vw bettles, and 1200's and shit were never meant to be 'performance cars' but now have become cult hits so to speak.

nice cam.
http://tkg.1colony.com/images/anlge-cam.jpg
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 10 March 2005 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude plenty of ppl mod mini's Razz
mick
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 10 March 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.johncooper.co.uk/JohnCooperSite/pages/h istory/history_main.asp

you would be suprised the racing history the Mini had
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 10 March 2005 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
derg Laughing
DJB79
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 29 September 2005 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a stock '88 SV21 CS Wagon (gen1) Manual with 185s and know exactly what you mean with the chirping. I can light it up of the lights and smoke out other mates, tehn slam it into second at 5000rpm and it'll chirp. I quite regularly drop other cars pff the lights. It goes hard.

My previous ride was a 87 Corona CSi Wagon Auto and prior to that a 86 Corona CSi Wagon Auto. Those were a freak'in powerful engine, pity about the fact that engine's thermostat ceases at about 160,000km and heats the engine. It happenend on both of them. The second one I didn't catch in time and managed to overheat the engine big time and needed a new head. The stupid mechanic put the tappits in wrong and had tappit noise for the rest of it's life.
DJB79
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: Camry SV21 Thu, 29 September 2005 02:42 Go to previous message
yeah,
I had to replace my needles a year ago. They bend with the heat. When the bastards at Salisury Toyota (if you're in Adelaide don't even think about getting your car serviced there, if you want more bad reports PM me) fitted them they did it poorly and now the tacho is out of synch. It'll now cost me $150 to get that up and fixed properly but I don't hihnk I'll bother really.

2c worth

Darryl
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:92/ Celica 5SGE
Next Topic:V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Jun 5 06:50:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053188800811768 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.