Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » popup headlights no longer allowed?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: popup headlights no longer allowed? Fri, 19 November 2004 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have heard from one of our suppliers that at UK based company with a factory in Shenzhen is currently arranging a tender with the Australian government for a device which via GPS and transmitting via GPRS will monitor and report driving offences (e.g. speeding, red light etc)

Although it is possible that the government only plans to have these devices installed in habitual offenders cars it is scary to know that the government is so sure they will be able to pass laws permitting the use of such a device that they are obtaining quotations for them.

I think we should all be very wary of what the government is trying to implement in order to make the roads a safer place (or should I say more profitable place)

If this sort of thing eventuates I think the market for DIY radar / laser / GSM jammers will boom! (and yes all of these devices exist and are quite simple to make)
  Send a private message to this user    
RWDboy
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: popup headlights no longer allowed? Fri, 19 November 2004 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meh, that's why circumvention was invented, so we could digitally give big bro the finger. To be honest I'm not that fussed if they monitor my driving, it's definitely not going to do much for road safety though unless the squillions they make in road fines is actually put back into driver education, roadworks etc.

[Updated on: Fri, 19 November 2004 01:17]

fractoid
Regular

September 2004
Re: popup headlights no longer allowed? Fri, 19 November 2004 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm... if they'd just install auto-speeding-fine-dispensers in cars and get rid of all the cops on the road, that'd be great!

Of course, the government would wonder why my car spent so much time sitting in my driveway... or travelled to work at *exactly* the same time and speed every morning regardless of traffic... *looks shiftily at little black box between GPS and GPRS units, then at speedo reading something quite, quite different* Very Happy
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: popup headlights no longer allowed? Fri, 19 November 2004 06:30 Go to previous message
Hawk wrote on Fri, 19 November 2004 09:54

We can't blame the australian government, they are just following what the rest of the world is doing. Standard headlights are getting smaller and smaller anyway, plus popups are a bit dated. I do think that in the future cars may have air bags on the front bumper to reduce injury to pedestrians. It will come in with the whole camera hooked up to a computer watching for dangerous traffic conditions. They already have software that can pick out individual people walking across the road in front of a car. They just have to hook it up like current airbags. (stupid) pedestrian too close in front of car = automatic emergency breaking; not stopping in time, about to contact front of car = deploy airbags.

My vision of the future, it won't happen over night but it will happen.

damn air bags will deploy everytime i go on a touge!! Shocked Shocked
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:early celica parts book?? part number check?
Next Topic:SprayPainter wtd
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Jun 5 08:47:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049278736114502 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.