Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » $#&%$( 7MGTE - Its Not Coming Along.. The 1JZ has tempted me too Much!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: $#&%$( 7MGTE - Its Coming Along.. Slow but Sure! Sun, 12 June 2005 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah my nuts were missing (hang on let me rephrase that...)

Very Happy

ill have to get a couple and bolt it down again. very clean covers btw! Smile didnt realise topgun made the leads too. i ordered some MSD's from the states two weeks ago..

ive got a slight issue thats been coming up the last week or so, it seems that when i accelerate in low gears if i give it a bit of throttle i hear this noise coming out from under the hood, it sounds like a cross between a horn and something straining and the acceleration feels a little rough, like sandpapery rough.. it only happens occasionally though, not all the time. ideas?

ive got another noise too, but i think ive pinned that one to the alternator. when i start it up when its cold, theres a bit of a metallic screech, and then it goes away.. unless its really cold and then when i accelerate the screeching rises, but seems to go away once the engines warmed up. anyone got these sorts of issues with their alternator (i think its the pulley)

Also, Whats the dimensions on a GReddy Full Auto Timer? I want to turf the shitty Repco generic one and mount a GReddy one in the little slot where the TEMS Controller usually sits behind the Auto Gearshifter, though obviously theres a height clearance i need to be conscious of. The length and height should suit that slot perfectly, its the width i need to measure up.. (front to back)

[Updated on: Sun, 12 June 2005 11:13]

Send a private message to this user    
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: $#&%$( 7MGTE - Its Coming Along.. Slow but Sure! Sun, 12 June 2005 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hamgatan wrote on Sun, 12 June 2005 21:09

yeah my nuts were missing (hang on let me rephrase that...)

Very Happy

Laughing Laughing

Quote:

ive got another noise too, but i think ive pinned that one to the alternator. when i start it up when its cold, theres a bit of a metallic screech, and then it goes away.. unless its really cold and then when i accelerate the screeching rises, but seems to go away once the engines warmed up. anyone got these sorts of issues with their alternator (i think its the pulley)

There is a nut-thingo on this threaded-thingo right under the alternator (if that even remotely made sense). You can tension up the alternator this way if its loose. Don't overtighten it though... If that doesn't stop the squealing noise, try some dry-lube from like Autobarn or something and rub some under the belt where it contacts the pulley.

Yian

P.S. They're NGK leads. $80-ish from a local parts store.

[Updated on: Sun, 12 June 2005 11:28]

hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: $#&%$( 7MGTE - Its Coming Along.. Slow but Sure! Thu, 14 July 2005 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just to note on that alternator issue Yian, the bolt that holds the alternator on at the top had lost its nut a week ago and was hanging out.. had to get a new nut and torque it back up... screeching has stopped though.

weird one this morning though. it seems like my throttle is stuck open at about 39%. pedal feels a bit hard on acceleration and the range or throttle according to my S-AFC only seems to go between 38-40% open. now i know this cant be 100% accurate.. what could it be? buggered sensor?

cant afford to do the 1JZ just yet.. so i need to somehow squeeze another 6 months out of the 7M.. going to do a complete seal and gasket rebuild in another few weeks time.. but i had this really irritating overheat happen the other day when i was at crawling pace in a shopping centre carpark. the needle just started to climb up, but when im driving it never goes up past 45% on the gauge.. ideas?
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: $#&%$( 7MGTE - Its Coming Along.. Slow but Sure! Thu, 14 July 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd say the viscous fan is buggered.

You can test the TPS with the TSRM too.
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: $#&%$( 7MGTE - Its Coming Along.. Slow but Sure! Fri, 15 July 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rejuggled the figures a bit and looks like 1JZ may be closer than i thought..

peewee can you confirm this -

ive heard the 1JZ doesnt have an AFM.. is this right? its like a pressure sensor or something..

this means my S-AFC is pretty much useless in that case correct?

(i know it can still be plugged in and work, but not for much performance gain yea?)
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: $#&%$( 7MGTE - Its Not Coming Along.. The 1JZ has tempted me too Much! Fri, 15 July 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, 1jz's run a MAP sensor.

No idea if the SAFC is any good.
1200det
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: $#&%$( 7MGTE - Its Coming Along.. Slow but Sure! Fri, 15 July 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SAFC is just as USEFUL on the MAP sensed 1J as it would be on the AFM 7M

hamgatan wrote on Fri, 15 July 2005 13:45

rejuggled the figures a bit and looks like 1JZ may be closer than i thought..

peewee can you confirm this -

ive heard the 1JZ doesnt have an AFM.. is this right? its like a pressure sensor or something..

this means my S-AFC is pretty much useless in that case correct?

(i know it can still be plugged in and work, but not for much performance gain yea?)

Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: $#&%$( 7MGTE - Its Coming Along.. Slow but Sure! Fri, 15 July 2005 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hamgatan wrote on Sun, 12 June 2005 21:09

yeah my

ive got a slight issue thats been coming up the last week or so, it seems that when i accelerate in low gears if i give it a bit of throttle i hear this noise coming out from under the hood, it sounds like a cross between a horn and something straining and the acceleration feels a little rough, like sandpapery rough.. it only happens occasionally though, not all the time. ideas?

1st one is your BOV, the bosch jobbies around renowned foor hooting like an owl... there are recorded sound files on the web and everything - however there should be no performance loss

2nd one will be one of your belts is too loose, most likely the one on your alternator, make sure your belt is in good condition and tighten it up

Hope this helps!

Dan
hamgatan
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: $#&%$( 7MGTE - Its Coming Along.. Slow but Sure! Fri, 15 July 2005 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the hooting seems to be coming from the back left axle/wheel though.. hmmm
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: $#&%$( 7MGTE - Its Not Coming Along.. The 1JZ has tempted me too Much! Fri, 15 July 2005 04:39 Go to previous message
Oh! well you've got me then! lol

Dan
Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:HELP 3SGTE idle and pinging issues
Next Topic:1jz probs
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 28 20:02:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041749477386475 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.