Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » RA23 Dash Mod's - I need some pic's for inspiration

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Blaze
Regular

December 2002
icon7.gif  RA23 Dash Mod's - I need some pic's for inspiration Tue, 15 April 2003 09:13 Go to next message
I have seen a few mod's for the dashes of RA23's out there. Mainly the instruments and so on. if anyone would like to post your pictures for me I'd very much appreciate it.

Does anyone have any of upgrades to lighting so on.

thanks
  Send a private message to this user    
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: RA23 Dash Mod's - I need some pic's for inspiration Tue, 15 April 2003 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have covered this same topic 2 or 3 times now... but ill do it again....

LIGHTING

I used 3mm high intensity LED's i got from Jaycar, hot-glued into position behind the dials to light them up whatever colour you want! I chose a deep red, most go blue though. Each LED must have a 470-510ohm resistor in series with the longer leg of the LED (+) to limit the current to what the LED requires. I have also sorted out a dimmer circuit for the LED's, but this is relatively advanced for a novice to electronics, however simple to a whizz.

One day i'll write an article on it.

As far as dials themselves go - the best thing i have seen done it the faces made out of opaque white perspex and etched with the numbers etc in black. Works VERY well with the LED's. Other people print out new dials on white paper.....
Just play around mate!
Blaze
Regular

December 2002
Re: RA23 Dash Mod's - I need some pic's for inspiration Tue, 15 April 2003 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah Sorry,
I know you have done a few post on this but I haven't seen any pic's yet. you wouldn't have any lying around would you? I know that someone else has put in whit backgrounds on there speedos and stuff, just would like a few pic's thats all.

[Updated on: Tue, 15 April 2003 12:58]

Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: RA23 Dash Mod's - I need some pic's for inspiration Tue, 15 April 2003 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.optushome.com.au/1977celica/Conversion/dials.jpg
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: RA23 Dash Mod's - I need some pic's for inspiration Tue, 15 April 2003 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it aint that bright any more.. maybe my eyes are stuffed cos of it Smiley =
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: RA23 Dash Mod's - I need some pic's for inspiration Tue, 15 April 2003 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sweeeeeeeet.

Is that the white paper printed or are the gauges painted??
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: RA23 Dash Mod's - I need some pic's for inspiration Tue, 15 April 2003 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they are white perspex with painted numbers, painted by a contact style stencil.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: RA23 Dash Mod's - I need some pic's for inspiration Tue, 15 April 2003 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and he is STILL GETTING SOME MADE FOR ME RIGHT LUKE???? Razz

seriously dude - i need those guages chop chop! I can't handle the gay blackness anymore! im going nutters Freak
Blaze
Regular

December 2002
Re: RA23 Dash Mod's - I need some pic's for inspiration Tue, 15 April 2003 22:24 Go to previous message
thanks for the pic's, that does look pritty sweet. I guess I will have a try at something like that.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Hey Im new
Next Topic:Hey, im new
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 26 19:57:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041630268096924 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.