Toymods » General Car Talk » RANT: Sprinter owners

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
AuthorTopic
katsuchiyo
Regular

December 2002

Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Sat, 12 April 2003 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, i know exactly what you mean, kids who have no idea and think that powersliding is so kewl, and makes them godlike..
LOL
and they have a stock, FF setup Smile

i think they should be having a go too.. but they do need to research first.. i couldnt agree with you more there.

im seriously thinking of writing a massive guide to drifting.. everything.. setups, with examples, definitions, descriptions, and then some in depth guides to it...

mebbe ill start tomorrow.

Peace
Katsuchiyo
  Send a private message to this user  
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Sat, 12 April 2003 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm actually getting sick of the people who research research research... and never try it "handbraking isn't drifting..".. what a crock.

katsuchiyo
Regular

December 2002

Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Sun, 13 April 2003 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm.. but i think you hear less of them than of the ones who do it and do nothing more than a powerslide, am i right?

i dont really hear of many who only research...
most just are under the impression that as long as you have a couple of wheels with no traction, you are drifting.
*shrug*

i still think a guide should be written, for those powersliders, and for the researchers, just to point out how they are doing it wrong, and why other drifters are fed up with them..

otherwise, i dont really know how they are supposed to learn anything really..

the ones who only research are a bit of a problem i guess..
its ok to know your stuff, as long as you know enough before you go into it you know what you are getting yourself into and cant say that it was anyone else's fault.., or initial d's...
but at the same time, if you dont, you have no idea what is coming...

seems to be a difficult subject to do anything about really..

hmm... mebbe we should all group together and make the guide to drifting, then we have several peopls viewpoints and experience, and we can give examples based on each persons knowledge, and we can point out the the powersliders and researchers that they are missing something. What do you guys (and girls) think?

Peace
Katsuchiyo
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Sun, 13 April 2003 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Initial D is fantasy, it's a bloody cartoon!!!!!!!

'Drifting' is crap, the Japs stole a motor sport term and created this so called sport because they can not produce drivers that can compete and win championships in any form of international motorsport.

fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Sun, 13 April 2003 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drifting crap? that's your opinion and that's cool, but maybe you should look into it before you bag it out.. have you seen any vids from D1? if not, maybe look into it?..

I guess GT500 champions like Lida Akira are just, insignifigant..

And I guess the Japanese drivers doing well in the F1 are also insignifigant.
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Sun, 13 April 2003 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's very likely I was doing all that stuff before you knew what a car was. We called it thrashing or paddock bashing or hooning and we knew it was just for a laugh.

I've seen plenty of the video action.

It's a joke that some have attempted to ligitimise it.

I can understand though that some people haven't got the balls to drive a fast car fast around a race track.

Sorry which Jap F1 driver and when??
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Sun, 13 April 2003 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fOOZ86 wrote on Sun, 13 April 2003 14:42

... have you seen any vids from D1? if not, maybe look into it?..

I couldn't agree more totally with fOOZ86 ... after watching a D1 Grand Prix competition, I've realised that both the US and Australia are still like 15 years behind the Japs when it comes to 'drifting' however it is a good thing that we are finally getting some sort of scene on the maps here in Oz.

Our scene is like the drift scene in Japan back in the 80's, probably frowned upon and treated like a niche sports appealing to those who want to be different.

Anyone who tells me they're a drifter, I'd take it with a pinch of salt unless they can go sideways pre corners at 150 km/h and hold it throughout the bend without crashing. That's real drifting, not just some tail wagging on a 40km/h bend ... Smile

However to be fair, I haven't turned up to those drift days set by some clubs here so it'd be unfair of me to say that no Aussies can drift - I'm sure that there is some talent out there however there are a lot of people claiming to be drifters (perhaps it's a fad) but aren't really. Confused

Besides, I'm not a drifter but I must admit that no other motor sports gets me going aside from Drifting ... that's by the Jap's btw ... Surprised

Widowmaker
Regular

November 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Sun, 13 April 2003 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blown86 wrote on Sun, 13 April 2003 14:38

Initial D is fantasy, it's a bloody cartoon!!!!!!!

Have you ever seen Touge race's ? in real life they normally use "Initial D" rules and most of the time Ae86's win against the newest cars out there, as one driver said "Touges are for Hachi Roku's" Very Happy

Back to the topic on drifting i just came back from unique autosports track day and they had a drift session half way through and yes Australian's are nothing like Jap drifters but then again they have been doing it for years. It was still interesting to watch and the next track / drift day in a month or so im gonna enter i cant wait. But hang on a second i own a Ae86 and i want to have some safe fun , does that mean that i want to pretend to be takumi fujiwara ? Get a bloody clue people enjoyed ae86's before initial d even came out, and people CAN like any car they want Ie. Ae86 i personally like them because of the shape and simplicity its beautiful
katsuchiyo
Regular

December 2002

Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Sun, 13 April 2003 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree widowmaker...

i like the ae86 for its looks and the way it drives.. not for initial D..

the japanese are light years ahead of us in just about everything though, so being ahead in drifting is a bit obvious Very Happy

there are some quite good australian drifters though, but there are next to none that can compete with the japanese.

it is fair to say that what most of us are doing now is old news to the japanese, and they find it amusing, but they are also the ones commenting that we are catching onto it at a good speed.

we have a long way to go.. and i am more than willing to admit that most of what we are doing at the moment is childsplay to the japanese, but that could be the drivign conditions over here also... not just that we are new to it, by comparison.

but who knows??
it should be good to see how we go over the next few years Smile

Peace
Katsuchiyo
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Sun, 13 April 2003 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

It's very likely I was doing all that stuff before you knew what a car was. We called it thrashing or paddock bashing or hooning and we knew it was just for a laugh.

Okay. What you 'did' when you were a 'lad' is FAR different to what any real drifter does or can do. Also, you're SO much better than anyone here because you were doing these things before we knew what cars were. Oh my, what an encouraging way to speak to young drivers.

A little information for the unlearned.

Drifting progressed from rally, hence the term.

Rally , being a legitimate motorsport, is driving the fastest stage through surfaces and tracks with multi-traction surfaces and multi-obstacle roads with trasitions from straight to winding.

Drifting (mainly touge) takes these aspects and change the environment. rally drivers have to drive without constant traction for 90% of the stages they drive.

Since drifters didn't have the money to drive and 'thrash' their vehicles through off-road terrain, they chose to stick to asphalt surfaces and replicate what the rally drivers experienced wih a 'tractionless environment'. Attempting to keep a mostly out of control car at the limit of its lateral forces at all times. yes, just like the rally drivers they envisioned.

If you have EVER tried to drive a car and maintain a loss of traction throughout multiple consecutive corners you WILL know that it requires a high amount of skill. This control and level of skill, one of which most race drivers hone their own skills to attain, is a little more than you deem 'a joke'.

please bother to do some research before you decide to dribble your oh so 'justified opinions' on this forum. you just make yourself look like a complete fool that knows nothing about the subject you are so opinionated about.

Oh and its Legitimise.

katsuchiyo
Regular

December 2002

Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Sun, 13 April 2003 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok guys.. dont jump down each others' throats here..

seriously.. there is a lot to this subject, and i find myself agreeing with most of hte previous post.. though perhaps i would have phrased it differently Smile

i know that personally, i have held drift through 2 turns, though i lost it on the end of the second, i know why i lost it, and i know that i couldnt really have done a lot about it, because i dont have the skill to pull it through 3 turns in that time..
most of us are fairly basic drifters, i myself dont think that im much of a drifter, or a track racer, or anything else, i just try to do what i know as best i can. i screwed my corner becuase i let the wheelspin drop, because i thought i could straighten out before my next turn, but once it straightened, i realised i needed to be sideways again, and spun to a stop halfway through the third.

like i say, we have a long way to go to be anything like the Japanese, and i think "hooning" and "bush bashing" don't really qualify as drifting, because drifting was done on asphalt (spelling?) to emulate track race conditions, but at slightly slower speeds (well, for us anyhow Smile)

So far myself and a couple of others are going to write a "complete" (in other words there are gonna be about 15 revisions to this) guide to drifting, including different viewpoints, setups, all the different variables based on everyones different experiences, and so on.. just everything we can think of.

So if you want to contribute.. either post here, send me a PM.. or email me.. or something.. and ill get everyone together to write this out..

otherwise its goign to annoy me for a long long time Very Happy

Just keep it cool guys, we all think of drifting differently, because no one defined it specifically because ther eare so many ways of doing it, because ther eare so many types of cars, setups for cars, and so on..

Peace
Katsuchiyo
Cal_AE86
Regular

February 2003
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Mon, 14 April 2003 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't believe I am stupid enough to still be reading this crap. Have any of you "drifters" actually got any track experience at all? Real track driving I mean. As in lap times.

Cal.
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Mon, 14 April 2003 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mmm, never met a "drifter" that knew what a competition licence was!

I've been told that "drifting" has been banned at Barbagallo raceway now and after seeing some local videos I'm not surprised, bloody hilarious though!!

I hope you blokes are joking if you think there is any relationship between rally driving and "drifting".

Gee sorry if I've offended anyone especially with my spelling!!
Must be all the fumes I've breathed on the race track over the last few years.

Now where's my playstation?? Time to do some dorifting!! Laughing

[Updated on: Mon, 14 April 2003 03:56]

Widowmaker
Regular

November 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Mon, 14 April 2003 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cal_AE86 wrote on Mon, 14 April 2003 11:32

I can't believe I am stupid enough to still be reading this crap. Have any of you "drifters" actually got any track experience at all? Real track driving I mean. As in lap times.

Cal.

Well i dont call myself a "Drifter" im just a guy who love's any type of motorsport and love to be able to go as fast as i like on a track , i guess you could say i have "experience" i mean ya not gonna call me Edd ordynski anytime soon , but i do it for fun and fun is what i get out of it.

Blown86 , yeah i have a CAMS licence ya have to if ya want to do fun stuff with your car, it just so happens that one of my car's is an Ae86 Very Happy

karade
Newcomer

October 2002

Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Mon, 14 April 2003 04:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so from this rant i gather that australia DOES have a drift scene.
if one where interested in getting into this scene what would one have to do?
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Mon, 14 April 2003 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I know that both Qld and Adelaide do have some clubs that organise drift days. Not sure about the rest ...
Widowmaker
Regular

November 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Mon, 14 April 2003 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dodgy_Haro wrote on Mon, 14 April 2003 14:47

Not sure about the rest ...

hahahha .... Qld is australia's mexico and Adelaide , got clean water ?

Very Happy

now for normal people who live in normal states Ie those who arnt Dodgy_Haro Very Happy im pretty sure if you check out your local track sometimes they have a bit of a drift session or skid pan day
katsuchiyo
Regular

December 2002

Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Mon, 14 April 2003 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm... perth doesnt really run much like that...
possibly because some retards were in there screwing up..
or because someone interstate thought they were better and screwed up..

something or other.

however, illegal street racing is well organized in Perth..
especially around/between Cannington/Bentley... though there are a few guys up in the hills who do it as well.. ie dark street drift... prettymuch unheard of team from what my mates are saying about them.. they race the mundairing weir "circuit" on fridays and sundays i think.
mind you, bentley autos and garage, and a few other noted car audio and tuning places are in cannington and surrounds, so its not surprising there are a lot up here... tonnes of ricers too.

i tend to be down my the bentley Shell servo every friday night, because usually a few of them rock up to test out the back streets with their new setups, courtesy of the local tuning Smile
Great fun to watch.. sometimes theres a laugh..

i cant tell you anything much about the "legal" drift.. whatever you wanna call it...scene.. i know that Driftworks sorta killed Wannaroo. Very Happy
nice vid of the rolla grabbing some sand, and then going downside-up Smile

peace
Katsuchiyo
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Mon, 14 April 2003 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Blown86, there's a drift comp in adelaide on the 10th and 11th of may, that'll surely make your day, I bet you won't be able to go 10 minutes without bagging out people competing on a racetrack doing something they love.

I don't have any track experience, and I probably won't for a while, do you have some kind of problem with that?

You keep saying "...it's only for a laugh..." when you're talking about drifting but man I got into cars for fun, and if you're laughing it sure as hell sounds like you're having fun.

And also, you bag them out as saying it dosen't take as much skill as the skill you've got, does that mean you're willing to go down to adelaide, compete then WIN, turn around and say "well this is nothing, this was a joke, why don't you all get into track racing"?...

Power sliding on gravel is nothin like driftin... seriously, watch the drift king in action.
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Tue, 15 April 2003 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fOOZ86 wrote on Mon, 14 April 2003 13:52

Hey Blown86, there's a drift comp in adelaide on the 10th and 11th of may, that'll surely make your day, I bet you won't be able to go 10 minutes without bagging out people competing on a racetrack doing something they love.

No worries, can I borrow your car??

I don't have any track experience, and I probably won't for a while, do you have some kind of problem with that?

No, get onto the track as soon as you can though and keep it off the road.

You keep saying "...it's only for a laugh..." when you're talking about drifting but man I got into cars for fun, and if you're laughing it sure as hell sounds like you're having fun.

Exactly, I was trying to prove a point!! All these over the top dudes keep giving me the drifter wrap with such a serious look like it's some deep spiritual experience. Even spoke to a dude on the weekend that was all for sliding all over the public roads but refused to go to the track because it scared him!!!!

And also, you bag them out as saying it dosen't take as much skill as the skill you've got, does that mean you're willing to go down to adelaide, compete then WIN, turn around and say "well this is nothing, this was a joke, why don't you all get into track racing"?...

Don't believe I made that claim!! However nothing can beat the skills that can be developed on the track driving anything as fast as it can go, as cleanly as possible.

Power sliding on gravel is nothin like driftin... seriously, watch the drift king in action.

Do some forest work in any rally car and then have a think...

I've been stirring you boys up, everyone has different tastes, cool. Cool
The thing that most "drift" dudes seem to forget is all these star Jap drifter dudes developed their skills in serious race cars or rally cars. Anyone that thinks that they're a legend because they get a car sideways and/or keep the wheels spinning for a while is a spanker!! Laughing
Widowmaker
Regular

November 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Tue, 15 April 2003 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blown86 wrote on Tue, 15 April 2003 21:29

Anyone that thinks that they're a legend because they get a car sideways and/or keep the wheels spinning for a while is a spanker!! Laughing

have you tried loosing complete traction on the back wheels and not letting it regain for a whole lap ? heck even a few corners in a row its hard although i wouldnt call anyone that did it a legend i would call them skilled.
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Tue, 15 April 2003 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Widowmaker wrote on Tue, 15 April 2003 19:34

Blown86 wrote on Tue, 15 April 2003 21:29

Anyone that thinks that they're a legend because they get a car sideways and/or keep the wheels spinning for a while is a spanker!! Laughing

have you tried loosing complete traction on the back wheels and not letting it regain for a whole lap ? heck even a few corners in a row its hard although i wouldnt call anyone that did it a legend i would call them skilled.

How about driving something with a serious power to weight ratio completely on the limit and not breaking traction, that takes far more skill!!!
Widowmaker
Regular

November 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Tue, 15 April 2003 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blown86 wrote on Tue, 15 April 2003 21:51

How about driving something with a serious power to weight ratio completely on the limit and not breaking traction, that takes far more skill!!!

you comparing cheese and chalk! each to his own.
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Tue, 15 April 2003 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You're correct in your statement about them learing from racing and rally, and thingo is also correct about chalk and cheese, it's an extension of motorsport, A bit lateral if you will Smile

I mean i'm one of those guys who gets excited by copying what they do (to the best of my ability) and compression locking before a corner, and being sidewayas before the corner, and keeping it sideways, then trying to fishtail upto the next corner... I know I'm NOWHERE near as good as any Japanese street drifter let alone people who compete.

However, Give me a year or two (so I can afford) and i'll be up around tracks racing, learning and refining to the best of my ability, but it won't mean that I'll stop learning to drift.

The two things go hand in hand, the better you get on the track the more general car control, better steering input, better thortlte control, better braking and so on.. or so I imagine, as I'm not lucky enough to get down to a track...

I know you don't recognise drifting as a part of motorsport, but come on man, you gotta see that linking up an entire racetrack and not having any traction takes a LOT of skill, which is totally different to racing, taking the best lines and holding a high powered car like you said very on the limit (which takes an incredible amount of skill too) but you can't really compare them..

fooz out.

Cal_AE86
Regular

February 2003
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Tue, 15 April 2003 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fOOZ86 wrote on Wed, 16 April 2003 02:07

as I'm not lucky enough to get down to a track...

Where are you drifting then?

Cal.
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Wed, 16 April 2003 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Industrial estates...

and we do have premission.. whee.
strober
Regular

June 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Wed, 16 April 2003 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'd like to know more about settings
all i've learnt is mostly off gran turismo 3
i get a bit pee'd off when i hear sum uninformed disillusioned individal barf out boosit about cars.
now i dont know everything about cars but what i know is worth more than any drift stories teeny boppers puke out at me. shure i drve an FF, done a few hand brakies but i dont brag about it.

stinky little turds like this REALLY get me nuts:

Quote:

Age 15 sophmore high school student with a permit baby yeah!! (woohoo for you, permit to drive or licence to kill)I could already drift in a real car.(your sisters barby mustang dont count buddy) One night in my neighborhood, I took my dad's car out, the 92 sentra, FF, yeah!!! Just like Takumi taking his dad car out at night BUT, I didn't get permission to drive his car.(ohh, what a baaaaad boy, a p-didly in the making) it's stickshift, I tryed to drift & my first time was tight,(?) I got the rear car to swing when I pulled the E-brake quick. I almost got caught that night.(by your baby sitter?) I'm good for my age to start drifting. I'm dope!(you shure are...) Next summer, I am going to get my "License" Hahaha!!!!(do a hand brakey for your examiner, it'll earn you bonus points) I'm so dope for my age.(so dope u better get your ass back in school and earn an education, fukhed)

ok excuse me, i was being a bit immature there but HE STARTED IT!

fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Sun, 20 April 2003 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought this thread was about sprinters... it seems to have turned to a shitfight between those interested in drift,and those who aren't.

if you can't see that a hell of a lot of practice,and not just a little bit of skill is required to drift at the pro-level,you truly have been breathing in av gas or elf fuel vapour for a little too long.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss drifting as a "sport" either.
ping pong is a sport,and if that gets into the olympics... whatever draws a crowd,has a following,and requires competitors to run,you could call a sport. sure,it's not likely it'll ever be seen as a legitimate form of motor sport,but then,neither will one of the yanks loves:tractor pulling.

like anything popular,there are always wannabes who have low standards,and high opinions of their own skill. I doubt you'd call every kid who bought a football and thought he was as good as campese after making two field goals a "spanker"...

circuit racing is great to watch,rallying is great to watch,and so is drifting. all require skill,and all have their devotees. let's leave it at that aye?

Justin...

Widowmaker
Regular

November 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Sun, 20 April 2003 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fergo308 wrote on Sun, 20 April 2003 20:38

circuit racing is great to watch,rallying is great to watch,and so is drifting. all require skill,and all have their devotees. let's leave it at that aye?

I totally agree , and as for the devotee Very Happy i love watching nearly all of the great motorsport's ... well except those oval tracks that are just 2 straits with a corner at each end. whatever its called daytona.

but anyway most of us are Toymotor guys so lets all play nice Laughing

i mean really this thread is like saying "stupid celica owners i hate them because i do" no disrespect to celica guys
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Mon, 21 April 2003 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to me drift lovers are just a different breed of rice boys.

ab
Widowmaker
Regular

November 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Mon, 21 April 2003 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pro_ke wrote on Mon, 21 April 2003 23:03

ab

your a dickhead
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Mon, 21 April 2003 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha amen Twisted Evil
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Mon, 21 April 2003 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Widowmaker wrote on Mon, 21 April 2003 23:08

ab

your a dickhead

thats my opinion. i hope i didnt hurt your feelings.

the AE86 is one of my favourite cars of all time. i hope the 'drift' trend dies out so that they lose the reputation of being a wanker car.

ab
katsuchiyo
Regular

December 2002

Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Mon, 21 April 2003 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erm, sorry to disappoint you.. the drift scene wont die out in any hurry.. and having an AE86 has nothing to with being a wanker, or a drifter.. i know about 4 guys who own a Sprinter purely because teh car was nice.. had nothign to do with being initial d related, or drift related..
i was one of them.. was.. >.<

Most of those people like the car because it is classic, it looks nice.. not a bubble car, just a nice car that goes well, given some work, and they have a good starting price.

the only other comment i can make is that the only place i remember hearing arguemetns like the above before is by people who cant drift.. LOL

well..whatever.. i like the car for its style, and that its a toyota, and cause theyre 2 doored, and not a bubble car of FF type.

what more could you ask for?? ok.. mebbe a supra.
Very Happy

Peace.
Katsuchiyo
Widowmaker
Regular

November 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Mon, 21 April 2003 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pro_ke wrote on Tue, 22 April 2003 01:10

thats my opinion. i hope i didnt hurt your feelings.

the AE86 is one of my favourite cars of all time. i hope the 'drift' trend dies out so that they lose the reputation of being a wanker car.

ab

it takes more then some loser on a internet forum to hurt my feeling's but i wont stand by and listen to this bullshit and you trashing a great classic car and a great sport which i enjoy watching. take it someone else wanker obviously we like drifting so you look like a complete idiot coming in here and saying that.

wanker car ? the only wanker around here is you
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Mon, 21 April 2003 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very mature Widowmaker!!! Makes me wonder if your old enough to hold a driver's licence!!!

Don't worry Pro_Ke the "drifters" will learn how to drive properly one day and forget about the posing crap. Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 21 April 2003 17:04]

fergo308
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Mon, 21 April 2003 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

ab

*LOL* now I've heard everything.

that's like saying people who go out and watch rallying don't know how to put up a tent properly.

you guys have clearly never seen a proper pro-drift event,or performed any of the techniques yourselves to be spouting what you are. next time you're down the track "doing it properly and not being a drift wanker" (to use words along your lines),
take five minutes at the end of the day to give it a go. go on.
just for a laugh. because drifting is really SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO easy to do,and only wankers would bother with it right?

come barrelling up to a 100radius corner at 100 or so,at the 50m marker,drop to second,pull the hand brake,throw on some lock,and keep your inside front wheel riding the ripple strip the whole way around the corner,with the rear out the whole way around,and straighten up at the exit. go on,it's easy right?

Justin...

pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Mon, 21 April 2003 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will have a guess and say that excluding professional drivers there would probabaly be less than 30 people in this country who could correctly 'drift' a car. the rest of those people who think they are 'drifters' are no better drivers than 16yr olds in geminis with a locked diff in the wet who give it a little bit going round a 50 kmph corner in the city.

i have seen plenty of 'drift' videos etc and to be totally honest i think it is a complete waste of time! but that is just my opinion, you can do whatever you like. just dont try and tell me that every kid in an 86 is a 'drifter' and can out drive me because they can get a bit sideways around a corner.

widowmaker i am not sure if you can read but i did mention above that the AE86 is one of my favourite cars of all time. Surely you must have noticed that 'drift' cars like the 86, 180sx, silvia etc really do have a 'wanker' reputation. I wish the 'drift' thing would go away so the reputation of the 86 goes back to one of being a solid track car instead of a wanker rice boy drift mobile.

ab
Cal_AE86
Regular

February 2003
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Mon, 21 April 2003 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pro_ke wrote on Tue, 22 April 2003 08:15

I wish the 'drift' thing would go away so the reputation of the 86 goes back to one of being a solid track car instead of a wanker rice boy drift mobile.

ab

Me too. I wonder how many "drifters" realise they won their class at Bathurst.

Cal.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Tue, 22 April 2003 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont worry guys

people always ridicule things that are new and different

its usually because they are afraid of change and find things that challenge their opinion hard to accept.

Smile

lets just chill and each enjoy our own favorite styles of motorsport... especiall drift for us 'drifters' or 'drift lovers'

Smile

Widowmaker
Regular

November 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Tue, 22 April 2003 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blown86 wrote on Tue, 22 April 2003 02:28

Very mature Widowmaker!!!

Thank you there is finally some sense coming out of you and inlight of the recent comments you are your mate made that sounded like they where from a 10 year old.

One day when you grow up you will come to relise that impressing other people is not important .... unless they are girls and attractive Very Happy so when people do up there cars and race them and have fun they are doing it for the enjoyment of it. i couldnt really say much for that guys that drive around town with the stereo on full stick doing "laps" and the 20 inch chromes and the body kit scraping along the ground.

So when you grow up and bit and get a clue Then we can continue our talk. But untill then dont bother!
Widowmaker
Regular

November 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Tue, 22 April 2003 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
n/m

[Updated on: Tue, 22 April 2003 10:21]

Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Tue, 22 April 2003 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drifting is fine. There is nothing wrong with it, given its done in a safe environment.
The "wanker reputation" is probably only held by you, because you are the kind of person who stereotypes others. Its like saying people that drag race are ALL wankesr and have no skill. Rolling Eyes
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Tue, 22 April 2003 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is always an exception to the stereotype however a stereotype exists due to the fact that they are generally true.
otherwise why would one exist?

my opinion is :

- ae66 are great cars
- drift is a fad
- a lot of 86 drivers are wankers and give the car a bad name

never said you have to agree with me. the more childish your responses are (ie YOU ARE A WANKER)
the more stupid you make yourself look.

i will be ignoring your YOU ARE A WANKER type responses however i would be interested
to hear what mature people who are into drift have to say on this topic

ab
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Tue, 22 April 2003 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pro_ke wrote on Tue, 22 April 2003 23:33

my opinion is :

- ae66 are great cars
- drift is a fad
- a lot of 86 drivers are wankers and give the car a bad name
ab

Hmmm ... not wanting to be caught in the cross fire however I guess this is your opinion which you are entitled to express.

As for mine ... like it or not, Drifting is here to stay ... if not in Australia, certainly in the US and Japan. To say it is a fad sort of typifies the common aussie 'frog in the well' syndrome - c'mon, it's been around for over a decade and when one sees what a D1 competition is like and the hype it creates, you will then understand why it is here to stay.

Unfortunately it hasn't received much exposure in Australia given its close association with illegal stunts done on the streets by people with no regard for safety (ie. private areas & proper suspension set-up's etc) seen as hoons and the fact that doing this is quite dangerous as your car is on the verge of losing control.

As I said before, if it is not a D1 grand prix comp, it simply isn't drifting for me.

Yes ... there are some 86 drivers that are wankers but to generalise any 86 driver as a wanker is unfair. Sort of like saying all Toyota fanatics are wankers ... ooer ... Confused Whoops! Embarassed

But I agree ... the 86 is a great car (then again, I'm biased Smile )
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Tue, 22 April 2003 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah guys you're all wrong..

Drifting is a fad that will die off.
Drag racing involves absolutely no skill, and will die off too.
Racing around a track all togther will die off, as it's just a fad.
Infact, Breathing air will eventually die off too, just being a fad.

"dont try and tell me that every kid in an 86 is a 'drifter' and can out drive me because they can get a bit sideways around a corner" from Pro Ke shows how insecure about his driving skills he is.. it's funny that, this is all so when people ask him "why don't you give drifting a go?" he can just turn around and say "that's stupid and childish and immature and takes no skill at all" so he wont have to spin out infront of people. I could be wrong, but am probably right.

*shrugs*

I guess it all means you're all a bunch of wankers who follow wanker fads, and by saying this I make myself sound better than you all, and a few people will agree with me in an attempt to be as "cool" as me, because I am the "king" of all wankers who sits backs and picks shit at everything and everyone and never does anything, it's much easier this way

/end sarcasm.
/end bitch
/end caring.
LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Tue, 22 April 2003 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://simon.retards.com/2002D1Grandprix/

If you call this paddock bashing, u're gonna need a bashing Rolling Eyes

Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Tue, 22 April 2003 20:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Widowmaker wrote on Tue, 22 April 2003 18:12

Blown86 wrote on Tue, 22 April 2003 02:28

Very mature Widowmaker!!!

i couldnt really say much for that guys that drive around town with the stereo on full stick doing "laps" and the 20 inch chromes and the body kit scraping along the ground.

Bigot!! Razz

Still don't like the fact that dudes keep asking me if I drift!! Twisted Evil
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Wed, 23 April 2003 00:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My intention was not to call you a wanker. What i meant was that you are one of the very few that consider the drivers of the afforementioned cars wankers. You don't know the peoplee that drift so how can you judge them?
katsuchiyo
Regular

December 2002

Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Wed, 23 April 2003 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
O.o
ok.. this god childish in a big hurry.

As far as it goes.. its the "professionals" saying that the "kiddies" are full of shit, and are shit drfiters.. or something..
however.. there are more than 30 good drifters in australia.. and a lot more who started out here... and then moved overseas.
*shrug*.

my opinion, you do what you want, i'll do what i want.. everyone is happy.
its like religion.. "if you try to ram your religion in my face, ill ram my fist down your throat.. "
so basically.. if you dont like it.. ignore it.. if you like it.. yeah.

*shrug again*
just get over it guys.. this is really getting to the point where someone needs to close it.. LOL.. i used to Moderate on forums like this.. by now half of us would have been banned.. Very Happy
just take it easy guys, we cant agree on everything, and some of us like drifting.. ok, so some of those people may not be able to drift properly.. but that is because we are new to it, we dont really have anyone to work from, not like in japan.. you can meet up with the pro guys and actually learn from them, here you learn from... trying, and failing.. i suppose..
theyre only having a go at it.. and given time they will learn, and get better.

Catcha.. im just gonna read from now on.. im really over this Smile

Peace
Katsuchiyo
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Wed, 23 April 2003 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Intensevil wrote on Wed, 23 April 2003 10:53

You don't know the peoplee that drift so how can you judge them?

i do actually and thats why i have the aforementioned opinion of them!

ab
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Wed, 23 April 2003 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OMG Lil Mic!!! 300 meg download of Option D1 Grand Prix video! Shocked

Mate, you're a legend!!! Surprised

Just watched part of it but already that one's priceless ... I've heard of the time Ueo lost a drift competition and cried but actually witnessing it was priceless.

Also, I didn't know that Noburo Tanaguichi actually owned an AE86 in his younger days. He's always driving Silvia's in all the drift comp's that I'd thought he'd hated AE86's due to other competitors such as Ueo.

On ya matie! Gonna go to sleep happy tonite. Very Happy
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Sat, 26 April 2003 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quick!!! Pass the Kleenex!!!! Laughing
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Sat, 26 April 2003 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blown86 wrote on Sat, 26 April 2003 20:50

Quick!!! Pass the Kleenex!!!! Laughing

Kleenex??? U ran out of socks??? Rolling Eyes

Hehe God American Pie was funny!!
Blown86
Regular

July 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Sat, 26 April 2003 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, but blew holes in all of them!!! Rolling Eyes
LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Sun, 27 April 2003 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've only got half of the dvd so far . i just luv the part where that guy keeps fly kicing noburo! Laughing
WHITCHY
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Sat, 13 March 2004 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
more people need to read this..bump
Callifo
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Sat, 13 March 2004 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had never heard of initial D before I bought myself a sprinter. Only reason I bought it was because I thought it looked good and the fact it was friggin cheap ($1500 Smile ). It is my first car and I would have got it just over a year ago now.

Never had the problem with people asking 'if i drift' as most people seem to never have heard of them before or seen them before. Driving around I have only ever seen two others driving around in Adelaide. Get some people saying though, sell that 'crap' car and buy yourself a commodore man. Since they know stuff all about the car, I just give them, 'Get a real car you bogan' and nothing more is said.

I still love the fact driving around I get the thumbs up from people driving silvias and skylines Very Happy
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Sat, 13 March 2004 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
truth is i found out about the sprinter though initial D (fansub not but ever since ive been doing research into the cars in teh show i can actually afford hehe
im not some kiddie wannabe drifter but im actually looking at the sprinter because its a really interesting car lightweight, great potential, FR layout etc etc
its mostly because in the past year and a half ive learnt more about cars than i have in my entire life because of initial D and the sprinter and its got me hooked but even i hate the kids who just got their p's (i shouldnt talk coz im on my ls and im 19) who want to buy one just specifically to drift and will most likely gettin themselves killed by running into streetpoles
but im mainly lookin at getting this car because it seems like a good car to learn on (mechanics) plus it doesnt seem boring ahh well what can ya do? i most likely wont be abvle to find one by the time i have the $$ anyway
theres always my backup cars hehe
net nazi
Regular

Forum Moderator

February 2004
Re: RANT: Sprinter owners Sat, 13 March 2004 15:16 Go to previous message

lol surely we don't have to revive year old threads to continue an argument

i'm thinking that it will only cause a shitfight so we will give it rest

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic
Previous Topic:Drags yesterday
Next Topic:4age
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 19:14:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.008432149887085 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.