Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Suspention upgrade Sat, 22 June 2002 04:07 Go to next message
Hey,

The T-18 shockers are on their last legs and i think i need to replace them before the avalon autocross if i go

Basically i was wondering a few things, the car is mainly a daily driver which i want to use at sprints/autocross more often... ive raced at calder sprints once, and looking at the avalon autocross on the 7th of july

so just a few questions:

1. How much am i looking at roughtly each for a new set of stiffer shockers? (any recomendations?)

2. If i want to lower it later on.. will i need new shocks again?

3. How far should i lower it if i just want it to handle better (its a T-18, you can tell im not after looks)

4. What swaybars should i use, the later model T-18 has stock rear swaybar which im going to swap over from spare one when i can be stuffed

Thanks,
Phill
  Send a private message to this user    
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Suspention upgrade Sat, 22 June 2002 11:49 Go to previous message
1. not sure, ask the shop.

2. To lower it alot, it is best to get short shocks to keep the springs captive. If you only lower it abit, standard height shocks are ok.

3. To make it handle better as a daily driver, you don't need to lower it at all. If you do lower it, its capasity as a daily driver will be slightly worse, because you will bottom out and hit stuff.

4. The stock T-18 bar should be ok, and measure the different front ones. Maybe the T-18 with the rear one has a bigger front one as well. Use both. Then get stiffer springs if you want to further control body roll.

5. To get the car to turn in when racing ( to not understeer), you could try and get some negative camber, maybe -1.5 degrees, or even -0.5 degrees. with either longer control arms or adjustable strut tops. Then increase the caster as well.
  Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:How do i tell what Differential i have?
Next Topic:Melbourne Spring/suspension GURU??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 3 11:00:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0034959316253662 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.