Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1JZ Wiring Diagrams for JZX-90 Chaser

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MX73-1JZ
Occasional Poster

March 2003
1JZ Wiring Diagrams for JZX-90 Chaser Tue, 29 April 2003 03:35 Go to next message
Hello,

I am after some wiring diagrams for a JZX-90 Chaser.

I have downloaded and printed many diagrams but not the ones I am after.

I thought i had them, but when i gave them to a mate ( the auto electrician ) there is a problem with them.

The ones I have only have 2 rows of wires coming from them while the ones I need have 4 rows of wires.

The Toyota numbers of the computer are as follows...

89661-22470
175700-4483

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
MX73-1JZ
  Send a private message to this user    
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1JZ Wiring Diagrams for JZX-90 Chaser Tue, 29 April 2003 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
got any pics of ur car mate? like to see it
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 1JZ Wiring Diagrams for JZX-90 Chaser Tue, 29 April 2003 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where are you from mx731j?
MX73-1JZ
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: 1JZ Wiring Diagrams for JZX-90 Chaser Tue, 29 April 2003 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am from Adelaide.
Milhouse
Regular

February 2003
Re: 1JZ Wiring Diagrams for JZX-90 Chaser Tue, 29 April 2003 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1JZ-747,
I am assuming that your car is the one featured in Zoom magazine a while ago? I have recently completed this same conversion (JZX81 - MX83). How much work was it to get the digital dash working? How did you make the fuel guage work? Have you got twin dumps on it yet? Nice car Very Happy
1jzmx83
Regular

October 2002
Re: 1JZ Wiring Diagrams for JZX-90 Chaser Thu, 01 May 2003 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a jzx90 diagram your auto elec can make sense of. Its in Japanese but all the important stuff has been translated.
Where are you.
MX73-1JZ
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: 1JZ Wiring Diagrams for JZX-90 Chaser Fri, 02 May 2003 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to disappoint you Milhouse mine hasn't been in a magazine.

I am working on a 1JZ into a MX73 cressida not a MX83.

I haven't got dump pipes yet Sad Im trying to concentrate on the necessities like getting the thing running at this stage Smile Its only been off the road since August or so last year. We are almost there.

A place i enquired about dump pipes for the 1JZ said that mod is one of the best mods you can do but the turbos seem to spike and require a electronically controlled boost controller like the AVCR or similar. A bleed valve or dual stage button isn’t good enough. It needs to be a computer controlled device. I do not have any 1st hand knowledge with this so it may pay to ask someone who has done this.

I havent done any work on the dash at this stage so i am unable to help with any questions like that at this stage.

1jzmx83 - I would love to get my hands on those diagrams.

Cheers,
MX73-1JZ.
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 1JZ Wiring Diagrams for JZX-90 Chaser Fri, 02 May 2003 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
millhouse

none

i stripped everything seats forward out of my mx83 and bolted everything in out of the half cut clipped the rear harness to the chaser front harness turned the key and it all worked.

i suggest against doing it though as the speedo is very difficult to read as the numbers roll over so quick, took a long time to get used to it.

MX73ij

the pipes didnt give me a boost spike, that is a load of crap. i use a $65 air pressure regulator, never get spike and it hits full boost straight up every time.

i had a 2 stage turbo smart, it was crap, then a DNA which was abit better, go into a hardware store that sells air pressure regulators, have a look at my engine bay in the Nats photo's and you will see the regulator i am talking about in the left side of photo behind the fan oil bottle.
MX73-1JZ
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: 1JZ Wiring Diagrams for JZX-90 Chaser Fri, 02 May 2003 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1JZ.747 – As per Milhouse’s Question. That was that your car in the Zoom mag? Very nice work.

There was another MX-83 in a previous zoom mag i was speaking to the owner of ( SA car ). Apparently when they took the pictures for the mag they didn't blot out the number plate and the cops came around and defected him!

We have filled in all the appropriate paperwork and got all the necessary approvals to do ours.

I must say I am envious of your "plug-n-play" success Smile The diagrams I got where not the right ones. Ive given the job of auto electrics to my dad’s recently retired auto electrician friend. We need to come up with a hybrid, best of Chaser and Cressida harness.

Cheers,
MX73-1JZ

1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 1JZ Wiring Diagrams for JZX-90 Chaser Fri, 02 May 2003 11:41 Go to previous message
yes that was my car in zoom

the car before i have been told is owned by a girl

she kept pestering my suspension place about how i strengthened by diff cross member.

as for the cops showing up, my mate at zoom told me this happens frequently in SA. i havent had any probs, and my car is fully engineered so they cant defect me legally.

as for my plug and play, that is the beauty of purchasing the correct front cut. JZX90 have the wrong sump for a cressida and lots of other differences. but i know JZX81 half cuts are hard to find know cause every tom dick and harry is doing the conversion, so you have to take what you can get.

just means i will have to stick a filthy big single or two medium size turbs to seperate myself from the crowd.

aaaahhhh

it all fun and games till some one blows a gearbox.. Cool Very Happy

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:auto for 3T
Next Topic:Cressida owners - how do you wire up the elec antenna?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Jun 6 23:15:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10677599906921 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.