Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Toyota Nationals- 1/8th Mile RESULTS Wed, 23 April 2003 04:15 Go to next message
Let us know your best times.

Jason/Yellow Rolla, 3T-GTE KE-20, 7.89sec.
Phil/TRACTION ISSUES, 1G-GTE RA-23, 8.62sec.
Norbie, 2JZ-GTE MA61, 8.72sec.
Luke/Thunderbird 1, 1JZ-GTE MX-73, 9.05sec.
Gary/GEE120, 3S-GTE ST-205, 9.14sec.
Stew/TOY77, 1G-GTE RA-23, 9.48sec.
Kylie, 3T-GTE KE-20, 9.56sec.
Joel/BigWorm, 4A-GE RA-23, 10.16sec.
Karl/The Witzl, 18R-G RA-28, 10.96sec.
Luke/The Stitt, 4M Crown Wagon, 12.55sec.

I only wish there was more N/A cars there to race against, I was .02 seconds away from being the quickest N/A Shocked , pipped by a 20V AW11 MR2, with admittedly poor tuning.

Oh, & keep an eye out for a Toymods trip to a wednesday night at Eastern Creek.

[Updated on: Wed, 23 April 2003 14:03]

Send a private message to this user    
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals- 1/8th Mile RESULTS Wed, 23 April 2003 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I only managed a best time of 9.14 sec, im sure if my engine wasn't as worn Sad as it is i could have easily managed a 8.3-8.5 sec pass.
I,m tossing up a replacement engine or a rebuild at a near date but either way i know i'm also going to need a twin plate clutch. Very Happy Very Happy
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals- 1/8th Mile RESULTS Wed, 23 April 2003 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Managed a 9.05 with my hassles. Pretty happy considering. Ran that time against norbie , gotta love how that 2J squats!
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals- 1/8th Mile RESULTS Wed, 23 April 2003 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel, maybe you can edit your top post as they come in so that we have a toymods list of times.
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals- 1/8th Mile RESULTS Wed, 23 April 2003 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, thats a good idea Luke.
I thought you ran better than that.
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals- 1/8th Mile RESULTS Wed, 23 April 2003 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah gary.. had aweful hassles with either spark or fuel. Still havn't worked it out cause i changed the plugs and all felt ok , but as soon as i put the boost up again, it misses. Basically every run down the strip was backing off full throttle everytime it missed. ITs so damn hard to hear if its pinging or what ever when u run loud cars! Oh well!!.. can't wait to get to the creek though cause i think it should be interesting.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals- 1/8th Mile RESULTS Wed, 23 April 2003 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Managed a best run of 7.89. Traction at that track is a real issue, although it affects us all.
Kylie ran a best of 9.56 (this was against Gary).
Would love a day at the creek with the Toymodders. (need plenty of notice) The creek is run every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month.
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals- 1/8th Mile RESULTS Wed, 23 April 2003 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah g'day,

i ran a 9.48

it was awesome fun....
can't wait to get an lsd centre for my diff and some more practice to get a result more indicative of the cars potential...

Cheers
Stew
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals- 1/8th Mile RESULTS Wed, 23 April 2003 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah Congrats to Kylie... was great to see both sex's getting involved. Loved watching the rolla come on boost in 2nd and get out of shape.
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals- 1/8th Mile RESULTS Wed, 23 April 2003 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YelloRolla wrote on Wed, 23 April 2003 15:22

Kylie ran a best of 9.56 (this was against Gary).

Nothing Like a GT4 to bring out the best in people, even though i red lighted on that run i ran a 9.26 which wasnt too bad.

Congrats to Kylie though, i have the utmost respect for a woman that is willing to give it a go, especially in a car as quick as the "Yellow Rolla" Her driving skills are quite commendable.
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals- 1/8th Mile RESULTS Wed, 23 April 2003 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good idea. Smile
TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals- 1/8th Mile RESULTS Wed, 23 April 2003 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My best was 8.62.....on friggin 195 cheese cutters Very Happy

Actualy did an 8.84 on one of the last burnout runs.....suprised with that!!
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals- 1/8th Mile RESULTS Wed, 23 April 2003 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought the best match up would have been with the crown wagon and that little kiddies drag car! Laughing Laughing

nah i loved seeing the toyota vs the inferior,

us canberra boys got a lot of it on video.. but the unnamed owner happened to leave the tape with the footage of the whole weekend on the roof of his car... then proceeded to drive off..

which was a shame but im sure theres always next year!!!
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals- 1/8th Mile RESULTS Wed, 23 April 2003 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm sure it safe to say that i had the slowest toyota run.

The wagon at its peak pushed out a 12.55 that's why i should of run the kiddies car.

But hey its all fun!!!!!!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals- 1/8th Mile RESULTS Wed, 23 April 2003 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i managed a woeful 10.96 as my best time.... Rolling Eyes
although in each of my 14 time slips (excluding where i read lighted and slowed down) i was withing 11.34 and 10.96....

perhaps next time ill actually have some tuning on the car, and be able to rev it out beyond the 6000rpm it wouldnt exceed...... Rolling Eyes
EFI will fix that Very Happy
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals- 1/8th Mile RESULTS Wed, 23 April 2003 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On Kylie's behalf; Thanks Gary, and Luke for the nice comments. I will pass them on. Smile
P.S She want's to know when she can have a go at Eastern Creek. Shocked
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals- 1/8th Mile RESULTS Wed, 23 April 2003 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GO KYLIE!! Cool
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals- 1/8th Mile RESULTS Wed, 23 April 2003 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What did norbies JZA61 pull?

Cheers
Wilbo
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals- 1/8th Mile RESULTS Wed, 23 April 2003 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
something like an 8.62?? from memory....

but remember, its got stock wheels, and stock boat suspension..
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals- 1/8th Mile RESULTS Wed, 23 April 2003 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason, your welcome and so is Kylie.

Norbies best run was a 8.72
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals- 1/8th Mile RESULTS Wed, 23 April 2003 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup, 8.72 with a slipping clutch. It will be interesting to see how it goes when I fix that problem. I also need to work on my reflexes, my reaction times were quite woeful on most of my runs! Pity I was so slow the first time around or I would have beaten that noisy yellow Holden ute. Very Happy
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Toyota Nationals- 1/8th Mile RESULTS Tue, 29 April 2003 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i ran 9.06

shane, 1jz cressida thats sounded like a 20B

and blew my gearbox the day i got home
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals- 1/8th Mile RESULTS Thu, 01 May 2003 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually i'll list the times as per the official placings
also a techinical error form dubbo city car club showed Andrew linton 's supra as being in 4th place but he actually ran the exact same time as norbie at 8.72

so we had Jason(yellow rolla) at 7.89
phill(traction issues)at 8.69
Norbie at 8.72
Andrew at 8.72
myself at 8.82
then i belive maybe luke next at 9.05
then shane 9.06
sorry if i missed anyone the only official times i have are the top 5 cars
TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals- 1/8th Mile RESULTS Fri, 02 May 2003 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul,
Not that it matters, but mine is 8.62...not 8.69.....ive still got the card Razz

Phill
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals- 1/8th Mile RESULTS Fri, 02 May 2003 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehe phill!! Razz
Still jacked that u beat me for the 1st time at a nationals paul.. and then try blame your cough on me Razz .. rudE!!

Man.. is anyone else having withdrawals?? i just wish it could be the day before easter weekend again!

Luke
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals- 1/8th Mile RESULTS Fri, 02 May 2003 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hell yeah Luke! Laughing
I'd do it all again tomorrow (if I could afford it) Sad
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals- 1/8th Mile RESULTS Fri, 02 May 2003 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i can imagine the weekend added up for u with the 4 of you, i know i spent enough just on me! no to mention killing my expensive tires Wink !! All adds up but the memories r mad.

I wonder if Eastern Creek would put on a Thu or Mon night drag meet if we got 3 or 4 car clubs to go along. I'm sure we could attract some attention and get more runs in than just 2 or 3.
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Toyota Nationals- 1/8th Mile RESULTS Sat, 03 May 2003 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry Phill i think 8.69 was your first official top eight time them you ran a little quicker after that .either way you still easilly won second place .

and i might add could have run considerably quicker with more traction .form the video footage tarction was really an issue for you more so than most ....quite fitting hey

sorry luke i dont REALLy blame you for the cough but definatly for the rash .....

heheheeeeeee that cold bucket over the shower was a ripper Twisted Evil .sorry mate could see your sausage . my eyesights not that good Laughing

i agree though next year will be the year to top all years
TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals- 1/8th Mile RESULTS Sat, 03 May 2003 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah finally the user name actually is true Razz
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Toyota Nationals- 1/8th Mile RESULTS Sat, 03 May 2003 22:16 Go to previous message
Laughing Laughing Laughing
you're no wrog there Phil
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Anyone at the Bridge to Bridge boat race today?
Next Topic:I'm going to buy ............
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 19:17:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.15959095954895 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.