Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Supercharger Oil Wed, 15 May 2002 08:26 Go to next message
Hi People!

I heard you can use normal automatic transmission oil for my SC12 .. is this alright in your opinion???

Send a private message to this user    
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
icon5.gif  Re: Supercharger Oil Wed, 15 May 2002 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This probably seems like a real dumb question, but where abouts would I put the supercharger oil once I have it? I is there some cap that you unscrew or something??

I have a AE101gze if that helps...
Thanks

-Andrew
troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: Supercharger Oil Wed, 15 May 2002 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
right near fire there is a yellow butterfly nut.. undo this.. u ill find the oil dip stick... (hard to get to in a rolla)
take it out...

drain from bottom of charger... bolt.. similar to oil sump...
access from underneath the car...

then

place bolt in sump bolt and fill super charger with oil (yet to be answered) .. you will need a syringe with a tube so u can place in hole and fill!
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
icon12.gif  Re: Supercharger Oil Wed, 15 May 2002 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh cool, thanks man, I think I'll change the charger oil at the same time I do my oil change. How often should it be done?

-Andrew
troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: Supercharger Oil Wed, 15 May 2002 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have no idea...
i just pulled that sh!t from my arse! Very Happy

[Updated on: Wed, 15 May 2002 10:28]

lafro
Newcomer

May 2002

Re: Supercharger Oil Thu, 16 May 2002 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apparently 'FORD' makes suitable supercharger oil at a significantly cheaper price than 'TOYOTA' sell it. Worth a try if you haven't changed it already.
Twinky
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Supercharger Oil Thu, 16 May 2002 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My bro uses Mobil 1, but gear box oil should work. My mate even used that Wynn’s Friction Proofing stuff (good shit,really works). I dont think it matters really, as long as its not like home brand oil or something, and it should be pretty thin too. If you crack the chrager open the oil is only there to lubricate the 2 gears, and not the rotor which are teflon coated anyway (acts as a lubricant????). I could be wrong.

If im pulling shit out my arse like Troyboy and my theroy blows the thing up, theres a spare charger
in the shed Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 16 May 2002 12:32]

troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: Supercharger Oil Thu, 16 May 2002 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll be taking you up on that there comment twinky...

Very Happy

if u have a spare charger...
a) are u willing to part with it?
b) how much are willing to part with it for?

UP4SUM
Regular

May 2002
Re: Supercharger Oil Thu, 16 May 2002 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
troy

well as my bro said i use mobile 1 and that works fine, i reckon though u could use any oil,

yea we have a spare charger but its stuffed remember that one i should u at sss in my car.
whats wrong with ur charger??

Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Supercharger Oil Thu, 16 May 2002 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I spent a fair bit of time looking into this and couldn't find any firm answers. Eventually I bought 75W90 synthetic gear oil and stuck that in. The motor hasn't had than many miles on it yet, but, the supercharger does run pretty much silently which I assume is a good sign.
Corvid
Regular

May 2002
Re: Supercharger Oil Fri, 17 May 2002 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im running Holden S/C Oil in my.. Its thin but it seems fine to me unless someone can tell me otherwise.. A mate purchased the genuine toyota shit.. $50 for 50ml expensive!!! so got the holden stuff which is like 20 for 100ml i believe.. Either way the viscosity between the two seems almost identical.
Again tho.. Its only a guess.. But the genuine toyota stuff is ALOT ALOT ALOT thinner than ANY motor Oil ive seen.. so yeh..
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Supercharger Oil Fri, 17 May 2002 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From my research, you will need 350ml for the Supercharger.

whiteGZE
Regular

May 2002

Re: Supercharger Oil Fri, 17 May 2002 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Changing your supercharger oil is not something that has to be done as regularly as engine oil. I read its something like every 50,000km, or just check it at 50,000km.

Check your manual troyboy, its all in there!

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

icon7.gif  Re: Supercharger Oil Sat, 18 May 2002 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from what i have been told from various people ( us, nz and aus) the mobil 1 is the oil to use if you dont want to buy factory s/c oil. i use it in mine and have done for a few years. Twisted Evil good stuff
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
icon5.gif  Re: Supercharger Oil Sat, 25 May 2002 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can't find anywhere to put the supercharger oil...

Where exactly do I put it in?

-Andrew
troyboy
Regular

May 2002

Re: Supercharger Oil Sat, 25 May 2002 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its firewall side

yellw butterfly nut... with dip stick in one..
in there.. u need a syringe to place the oil in!
Levin4Kevin
Regular

May 2003
Re: Supercharger Oil Fri, 06 June 2003 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry, but my research shows that there is only 130ml of oil in the S/c12. I could be wrong, but this is what I have read.

Also, I have read about using oil thats made for air conditioner pumps. And a guy from a performance shop stated he uses 2-stroke oil??? Holden informed me today that there super chargers are feed by the main engine oil whilst running ??? Again, this is only what I have read and been told.

I to am in the same position and am not sure which oil to use, before I put my GZE into my AE92 sedan. Here's hoping what ever oil I use, doesn't stuff it. Let me know if you find out for sure. Cheers, Kevin Smile
wiseman
Newcomer

June 2003
Re: Supercharger Oil Fri, 06 June 2003 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the closest thing to toyota supercharger oil, is mobile 1 synthetic gear oil.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Supercharger Oil Sat, 07 June 2003 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have always been told that superchargers really should run only on synthetic oils!!
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Supercharger Oil Sat, 07 June 2003 06:22 Go to previous message
Mobil1 is a fully synthetic oil!!!

i ran mine on it with-out any trouble.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:GZ20 Soarer: upgrading brakes?
Next Topic:Help!!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 29 06:00:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.12611508369446 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.