Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » Expressions of interest AE-92 SX Hatch (Pics Available)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
plugger
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Expressions of interest AE-92 SX Hatch (Pics Available) Tue, 06 May 2003 13:07 Go to next message
I only bought this car about 3 months ago from this forum. You can search back if you like to read the old thread, i have just cut and pasted, it is basically the same.
I am seeing if there are any people out there who are after an SX because i have just found out i am going overseas in september. I would like to start advertising now. If i get what this car is worth i will sell it, otherwise i will store it somewhere and keep it for when i get back.

AE92 Corolla Sx - hatch
White - very good paint
Import 100Kw motor put in Sept '02
Car has done 185K, new motor 25K since Sept.(have all receipts)

15inch ROH white wheels - 7 spoke
K-Mac suspension set up:
- New struts
- Adjustable camber kit
- custom height - doesnt scrape anywhere, however still sits low

Hi-Tech 2.25 inch stainless exhaust with 4inch tip - not to loud or drony and is easily legal.
Hurricane 4-2-1 extractors plus hi-flow cat.
K&N air filter with custom intake to throttle body
3inch cold air duct - custom
Performance leads, custom cam covers (red)
Wiring and switch for spot lights (no lights)

Inside:
Sports steering wheel (Boss)
Anodised gear knob
Sony CD player - with remote
Custom door pods in front doors, housing 6inch splits
Interior extremely clean - looks still new

Car was serviced every 5000Kms with synthetic oil by previous owner.
I have just serviced it, using genuine Toyota SX oil filter and Shell synthetic oil
I am in Sydney. Can be contacted on 0411265315. Will try to get pics up in next few days (waiting for rain to stop).
Or email me christopher.j.clifford@uts.edu.au

I paid $8500 and have since spent $800 on new suspension work just to make it all nice and tight like new (i'm picky)
im going to cut my losses on the $1000 i have spent in the last 3 months.

PRICE $8500

SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE PICTURES ADDED.

Attachment: back angle2.jpg
(Size: 77.69KB, Downloaded 78 time(s))
Attachment: front.jpg
(Size: 63.51KB, Downloaded 74 time(s))
Attachment: interior.jpg
(Size: 43.72KB, Downloaded 48 time(s))

[Updated on: Fri, 09 May 2003 04:27]

Send a private message to this user    
red rolla
Regular

July 2002
Re: Expressions of interest AE-92 SX Hatch Tue, 06 May 2003 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey
whereabouts in sydney is it?
im expressing my interest
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Expressions of interest AE-92 SX Hatch Wed, 07 May 2003 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont think u'll get 8,5 dude, theres a guy on here with a gti and he's sellin it for 8,5 and its immaculate
plugger
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: Expressions of interest AE-92 SX Hatch Wed, 07 May 2003 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude Mad don't tell me what price i should expect, im not some idiot that doesn't know what he is talking about. An immacualte Gti isn't as good as an immaculate SX. This is my third SX corolla i know what is immaculate and what is worth good money.
Read the ad, go drive some SX corollas with stuffed second gear synchros, worn engines with over 150,000k's and shoddy warn suspension then come and drive mine and tell me what it is worth.
-Im sure other immaculate SX corollas owners will agree with me here.-
And in future keep your opinions to yourself if you are not interested.
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Expressions of interest AE-92 SX Hatch Wed, 07 May 2003 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
calm down man, i wasnt attackin u, i no a 8'5 gti is low, but 8'5 for an sx is high, every1 is entitled to either opinions.
plugger
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: Expressions of interest AE-92 SX Hatch Wed, 07 May 2003 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't understand why you say an SX is worth less than a GTi, they are basically the same car, the gti has less options (e.g no electric mirrors). My corolla is a 91 which is when th Gti's started. So please explain to me why you say a gti- a car which was cheaper when new- is worth more.
AE82Gunner
Regular

August 2002

Re: Expressions of interest AE-92 SX Hatch Wed, 07 May 2003 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Take a look for yourselves.

http://www.redbook.com.au/VehicleSearch/valuations 4.asp?make=TOYO&family=COROLLA&year=1991
DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Expressions of interest AE-92 SX Hatch Wed, 07 May 2003 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont ask me, ask toyota,
its like cs, csi, sx, gti
gti was alwayz the top model
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Expressions of interest AE-92 SX Hatch Wed, 07 May 2003 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pfft devil rolla quit why u are behind!!

cs and csi exactly the same other than efi, csx nicer interior same deal gti crapper interior no head rests in the back no power windows or mirrors has 4age, SX IS the best model series 2 being better than series 1
plugger
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: Expressions of interest AE-92 SX Hatch Thu, 08 May 2003 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your back up Oz craig.
Devil rolla, maybe you should do some more research. They brought in the Gti to combat the growing interest in the swift gti which you will recall was a much cheaper car. That is why toyota had to bring in a cheaper hot hatch, they took out the goodies from the SX and called it the Gti. Gti's are still a damn good car (any 4AGE is), but not BETTER than the sx
tanman
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Expressions of interest AE-92 SX Hatch Thu, 08 May 2003 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The GTI and SX Corolla were never sold at the same time. The GTI was introduced as a replacement to the SX in 1991 to drop the pirce and compete with the Swift GTI. To make it cheaper it had hubcaps, no power mirrors and a generally cheaper interior. The only thing that a GTI has over an SX is paint quality.

The SECA SX is a different story though. The S1 SECA SX was to the same specs as the hatches. The S2 scored different alloys, power windows and better paint as standard.

All GTI and S2 SECA SX Corollas don't have a front lip due to the 1991 facelift which consisted of a new front bar/grill park, trim, lights and guard indicators.

[Updated on: Thu, 08 May 2003 10:26]

DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Expressions of interest AE-92 SX Hatch Thu, 08 May 2003 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats all fine and good
plugger
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: Expressions of interest AE-92 SX Hatch (Pics Available) Fri, 09 May 2003 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here are some more pics. The light was a bit dull when i took all these so they aren't the best shots, but you get the idea

Attachment: back angle1.jpg
(Size: 78.07KB, Downloaded 49 time(s))
Attachment: engine.jpg
(Size: 60.95KB, Downloaded 43 time(s))
Attachment: side.jpg
(Size: 53.60KB, Downloaded 43 time(s))

DeViL rOlLa
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Expressions of interest AE-92 SX Hatch (Pics Available) Sun, 11 May 2003 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is the price still 8500 ??
plugger
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: Expressions of interest AE-92 SX Hatch (Pics Available) Mon, 12 May 2003 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes it is still $8500. I have had a considerable amount of interest and i have someone coming to look at it on Wednesday. And it goes in the tradingpost this week. Like i said in the ad i'm not going to far below what i paid for it only 3 months ago, especially when i have spent an extra $1000 on it. If it doesn't sell i will store it till i get back, simple as that.

Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Expressions of interest AE-92 SX Hatch (Pics Available) Mon, 12 May 2003 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Put it in the Trading Post and weekend papers dude. You'll get more genuine enquiries there.

Looks like a bloody nice car and I hope you get what you're after for it.
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Expressions of interest AE-92 SX Hatch (Pics Available) Mon, 12 May 2003 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good luck with it mate...Lucid's sounds like advice I could also use! Rolling Eyes
plugger
Occasional Poster

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: Expressions of interest AE-92 SX Hatch (Pics Available) Thu, 15 May 2003 04:44 Go to previous message
SOLD!! Very Happy FOR THE PRICE IN THE AD, FIRST PERSON TO LOOK AT IT KNEW VALUE WHEN HE SAW IT
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:74 toyota corolla KE20
Next Topic:Pulsar Q N14
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 06:47:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01412296295166 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.