Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Hankook tires?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Hankook tires? Thu, 08 May 2003 01:47 Go to next message
I've been hearing lots of advertising lately on the radio for a new range of Hankook(hope thats spelt correct??) tyres..

They make lots of claims in regards to them out performing a lot of the much more expensive tyre brands along with them being rated for 300km/h etc.

Has anyone had some good/bad experiences with hankooks?

Cheers
Joel
  Send a private message to this user    
bozwon
Regular

March 2003
Re: Hankook tires? Thu, 08 May 2003 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have hankook tyres on the back of my car.
not sure exactly what they are off hand (they are a few months old). i will check later.
they are really grippy in the dry and also have a fair amount of grip in the wet. im going to get another set of them next time i get tyres.
i would recomend them to anyone with a similar car. dont know what they'd be like with more power behind them.

hope this helps.
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Hankook tires? Fri, 09 May 2003 06:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a mate who had them on a lh torana with a 253 and he was quite happy with them for the price.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Hankook tires? Fri, 09 May 2003 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i like em.
mine are 185/60/13's on a 69 corolla.
they were like $90 each a few years ago (can't remember when now...)
as Bozwon said, they have pretty good grip.. maybe not as much as more expensive Falkens and yokis, but 1/2 to 2/3rds the price.

other thing is that they have lasted really well! i slide them around a lot (not burnouts or anything, just hard driving) and they have lasted very well! they are either 2 or 3 years old now i think.. ? can't remember it was so long ago Wink

if i was going to get a better tyre, i'd go the semi slick yoki's, but if was going to get more 'normal' tyres, i would definitely get these again Smile

yeah, go for it. they don't have the name but they are usually pretty good. i can find out the type i have if you want?

what size/price are they?
Cya, Stewart

Poolshark
Regular

February 2003

Re: Hankook tires? Fri, 09 May 2003 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its the directionals of these that are meant to be really good value for money
i havent tried them but the reading suggests they arent as good as others but are by far the best value directional on the market
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Hankook tires? Fri, 09 May 2003 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah my old man has em on his ford 205/65/r15 and he got em for $88 and is quite pleased with em.. I was gunna get 2nd hands for the rear but I might splash out and get two newwies.
bozwon
Regular

March 2003
Re: Hankook tires? Fri, 09 May 2003 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine are 195/14/60 but i still havent checked exactly what they are.
Brown Hornet
Regular

October 2002
Re: Hankook tires? Fri, 09 May 2003 16:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a set on the back of my jag when i bought it.they hung on real well but sometimes they would just fry up Very Happy i got some on the front now and they are a very predictable and i rekon for the dollars you cant beat em.I can turn the beast into a roundabout about at around 90 kays an hour(remember it aint no little lady)
As for the the other tyres i had on the back of this 2 tonne british beauty when i punch the throttle on the chevvy up front they just start smoking anywhere ,anytime......The hankooks are a bit gripper than all the rest i've had.
AT THE END OF THE DAY HOW MUCH YOU WANNA SPEND ON SOME RUBBER!!!!!
BigBadBenny
Regular

May 2002
Re: Hankook tires? Sun, 11 May 2003 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mate used to work in the QLD Hankook distribution warehouse, so I got Hankooks for my car and they are the best,
I've sold them to a lot of ppl and they are also really pleased with their quality
and also they make the purest white smoke!!!!
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Hankook tires? Sun, 11 May 2003 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got to try out these tyres one day
i am using NANKANG which is about 90 bucks a corner, they are pretty good for a 90 dollar tyre i can push it hard without loosing traction unless i go to far. Anyone else tried them ?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Hankook tires? Sun, 11 May 2003 12:28 Go to previous message
Yeah, I had Nankang's on my old Starion. They were wider than the 205's on my Celica, but they had no WAY near as much grip as my narrower Bridgestone Potenza RE711's.

I'm keen to give the Hankook's a go, but alas they don't have one in the size I'm after.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Standard RA65,...what g'box?
Next Topic:cold start idle problem
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 26 13:23:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.12276220321655 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.