Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Tue, 06 May 2003 03:49 Go to next message
I have been speaking to a few boys from the toyota nats about a run to the creek on the 28th may, enough time to allow fixtures to breakages from dubbo.

if you are able to have a run can you post here so we know who's going

would be nice to have a few toyota's there.

i dont know who updates the records on the main page but it hasn't been done for a while. i know there was some interest in a 1/4mile top 20 listing in a forum last month, would be good to get that going. unfortunatley all i know about computers is how to switch them on so..

thanks

shane
Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Tue, 06 May 2003 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*hopefully* if mine is completed by then I will join you Shane ! Smile
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Tue, 06 May 2003 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep im there .found a split in the blow off valve rubber hose line .car is running sweet now check this ran tonight at 15 psi

http://home.kooee.com.au/celicamad/12.99%20quarter.jpg

But best of all no traction probs now (long story) and this was on a full tank no octane booster 15 psi with the spare diff in the boot
check out the 1/8th mile and my dyno plus agreed with the timing gear at dubbo (or was a little slower if any )

http://home.kooee.com.au/celicamad/8th%20mile%208.55.jpg

even beat my Best 0-100
http://home.kooee.com.au/celicamad/cressida%204.82.jpg

Its about 18 degrees so hopefully colder at the creek

it will be interesting to compare dyno plus to creek times .i hope they are as good or just a little faster like 2 tenths would be good Rolling Eyes
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Wed, 07 May 2003 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did you do one of these dyno graph things before you got the shift kit paul?

i am intrigued as to what difference it will make.

THe guy we got them of said to me it changes the shift time from 2.1 seconds to 0.4 of a second.

i told him my current times and HP and he calculates it should bring me to a 12.5 but i think that is a pretty big statement.

TRACTION_ISSUES
Regular

May 2002

Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Wed, 07 May 2003 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doubt whether i will be able to make it......car will probobly be in getting new plenum/throttle body fitted......

DAMN!
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Wed, 07 May 2003 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane, This date will be best for me. I will be there, I was trying to make the 14th but the 28th is a much better date.
Paul, see you there.
Phil, f#*% changing anything! Get there, run it, then change it!
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Wed, 07 May 2003 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh thats good phill id hate to have to beat you .......NOT!!! Very Happy

Shane
the shift kit made very little difference to 0-100 times
im going to run some more times tonight on bigger boost but so far its only dropped my average time about 0.1 -0.2 of a second max .

i think my fastest 1/8 th mile (on dyno plus) was 8.7 now 8.55 so not much difference

the pic below is my curent power run .i think power was 284 hp @wheels in second and about 314 in third .the reason for the big differnce is with the mods ive done to the turbos they simply arnt loaded until 3rd gear

http://home.kooee.com.au/celicamad/240%20rwkw.jpg

the dyno plus has proven its accuruacy when compared to the toymods dyno day results .however it would be hard to get intake temps of 18 degrees at a dyno day .so i doubt my car will make that much power at the dyno day .but think 225 kw is realistic

12.5 is a PERFECT figure for a n/a car making the same power as yours and also running slicks (asuming your dyno graph is the same as the one i saw at dubbo)

for a turbo car weighing the same as yours a BEST time on street tyres would roughly be 13.2 .although i think you could run flat 13 the new torque converter will help a lot .what power figure did you get in third gear 270 rwhp????

if you want to bring it up and do a few runs before the creek your welcome .Just give me a ring
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Wed, 07 May 2003 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
o.k went out tonight and ran 17 psi i was a little dissapointed with the times i ran(they where exactly the same )

but the power figures are up slightly
http://home.kooee.com.au/celicamad/250rwkw.jpg

power only went up about 4 kw in second but a whopping 10 kw in third

i still think 16 psi is the magic number for boost any higher and it begins to run rich .the car actually felt a little flatter in the lower half of the rev range .but made up for it in the top end
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Wed, 07 May 2003 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys,
I will be heading up from Canberra for a run on the 28th. Should be good fun to give the car a run, it's just got to stay driveable for the drive back to Canberra after (last time when my brother took it it snapped one axle and twisted the other side). The new diff and gearbox combo should hopefully toughen it up a bit.

Any other Canberra Toyota owners heading up?

Shane.

KE25 (4AGTE) & KE38 (2TG) the KE38 can stay at home that day.
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Wed, 07 May 2003 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Celicamad, by all these graphs I'm guessing that your in the lucky position of having a dyno in your garage? Smile Anyway nice specs on the car!
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Wed, 07 May 2003 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Celicamad, by all these graphs I'm guessing that your in the lucky position of having a dyno in your garage? Anyway nice specs on the car!

Or excessive amounts of kleenix and lube Wink hehe j/k Wink Shocked
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Thu, 08 May 2003 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all dyno runs were done in second gear.

that one i had up at dubbo was straight after we pulled it off the hoist at brendons. across the road to scotts dyno and it did 200rwkw or 264 rwhp at 1116 nm of torque

done on 13 pound with wheel spin (15's) from start to finish. it was a very cold day, intercooler had condensation on it.

i had it done a TRG 3 months later on a 30 degree day and it made 4 rwkw less with no spin with the 17's. intercooler could fry an egg on the intake side.

will put it on scotts before i go to the creek. the guy at TRG said my gearbox was working against the dyno computer ir something. to technical for me.

box leaves SA today so may have it back friday night , if so will call you up and see what mr dyno graph says.

should be interesting.
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Thu, 08 May 2003 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shane i used 270 rwhp to calculate 1/4 mile times .Adam MC Neill had his Supra on scotts dyno on a 25 degree day and at 20 degrees here .

The dyno plus read about 5 h.p LOWER than scotts dyno .well that is depending on how you read the graph .From my graph above power in second peaked at 211 rwkw but it really only held around 205 for a decent duration.

Shane make sure you weigh your car before bringing it up .
if you cant get on a weighbridge i can organise one for free

Im sure youll find that the torque figure is WAAAAAAY wrong .

im not sure how to set up a dyno but there is a torque multiplication factor that has to be set

the cressida makes 637 nm of torque at 4200 rpm .So something has not been correctly set on the dyno run .1100 nm of torque is probably 600 h.p

heheheee i told you it can run faster .i bolted the front tyres to the rear and its got heaps of good traction now .wound the boost back to 16 .

i also dialled in a little less fuel(home made fuel control module) mixtures are still around 11.9:1 so VERY safe

power is up a little but the rest ill have to do on a proper dyno power held steadt at 285
notice how much smoother the power curve is in second with the boost set a little lower at 16.
17 psi is starting to play silly buggers with the factory 14.5 psi map sensor

So kiddies make sur you stay under 17 psi

http://home.kooee.com.au/celicamad/295%20rwhp%20cressida.JPG

http://home.kooee.com.au/celicamad/4.7%200-100.jpg

1/8th mile was better too
http://home.kooee.com.au/celicamad/8.52%208th%20mile.jpg

Luke i never is lubricant i use 2000 wet and dry
oh yeah and i stil beat you Laughing Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil

1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Sat, 10 May 2003 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it has always been dynoed in 2nd gear, dont know figures for third.

car weighs 1540 with two rims in the boot and half tank of gas.

had to get weigh bridge for engineer certificate.

would the softness of rear shocks effect the times paul due to the amount the rear of the car drops on launch.

i know you said you need a level bit off road, i just was thinking the angle a car launches at would possibly effect the times if the level of the road effects the times.

i plan on taking the rear trim seats and trim out to get some suspension travel back as the way my car is set up at the moment i dont get much weight transfer, sorry i do but the shocks bottom out on the bump stops so it wheel spins.

i may borrow my brothers standard grande suspension, it laucnhed better with that suspension in it.

as for the torque figure i have checked all three dyno slips, before i got the twin pipes the figure was 837 nm then the last two have been done with the twin pipes on different dyno's and both figures have been a tad over 1100 nm.

box should be back in mid week, will give you a ring and organise something. Smile

celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Sun, 11 May 2003 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
definatley suspension travel makes a difference .when i fitted the 1 and 1/2 inch lowered springs i lost a LOT of traction .
i could launch at 2900 rpm verses about 2500 rpm

But then again this is the first time ive had an LSD .i can currently launch at 2800 rpm no probs .But could only manage 2200 rpm at dubbo .

It will be interesting to see what effect the torque converter has on your launches .i reckon 3000 rpm would be perfect
Im going to get one anyway .simply because the higher stall torque converter would suit the way my wife drives better

your car weighs the same as mine i was 1520 with 3/4 tank and empty boot .your rims would weigh 20 kg .i was under the impression that the Grande was about 50 -80 kg heavier .But obviously not

give me a call when you get the auto in nights are fine by me .but give me a days notice if you can

Cant explain the torque issue its easier to just give you a reading when you get here

P.S the power run above is for 2nd gear .seeing that what most dyno runs seem to be done at ill continue to quote 2nd gear.what gear is the dyno test done in for toymods dyno day 2nd???

[Updated on: Sun, 11 May 2003 08:23]

GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Sun, 11 May 2003 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toymods Dyno days, all runs are done in 4th gear
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Sun, 11 May 2003 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
paul is refering to autos
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Wed, 14 May 2003 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who takes 2.4 secs to change gear?!?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Wed, 14 May 2003 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cm... those figures are awesome!
loving it!

where'd you get those rims from?
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Wed, 14 May 2003 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all standrard 1J boxes 0340 0231 and 0342 take 2.4 seconds to fully engage the next gear according to toyota specs, that is the flutter between gear changes.

this has been confirmed by many sources.

the shift kit takes it back to .4 seconds

box took 3 days everbody for full rebuild, was done this quick due to urgency

michael from MV Automatics in blackwood SA.

cant praise him enough.

will be putting the box back in on saturday.

cant wait Very Happy
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Wed, 14 May 2003 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1JZ.747 wrote on Wed, 14 May 2003 20:38

all standrard 1J boxes 0340 0231 and 0342 take 2.4 seconds to fully engage the next gear according to toyota specs, that is the flutter between gear changes.

this has been confirmed by many sources.

the shift kit takes it back to .4 seconds

box took 3 days everbody for full rebuild, was done this quick due to urgency

michael from MV Automatics in blackwood SA.

cant praise him enough.

will be putting the box back in on saturday.

cant wait Very Happy

I knew auto boxes are complicated having pulled apart one myself but three days to rebuild at a quick pace??? How complicated is a 1J Box???
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Wed, 14 May 2003 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah ok
quick shifter for an auto

I was thinking short shifter for a manual, and wondering who takes 2.4 secs in a manual to change Smile
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Thu, 15 May 2003 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well rolla boy

i supose the reason he only took three day's is because he is a professional gearbox mechanic, and 1j boxes are his speciality.

and your a weekend mechanic like me.

pay the money and get pro's to do it. Cool
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Thu, 15 May 2003 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1JZ.747 wrote on Thu, 15 May 2003 14:57

pay the money and get pro's to do it. Cool

Shane, you hiring prostitutes again mate? Must be desperate Laughing
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Thu, 15 May 2003 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no dan

i leave leave that upto Gosofrd locals mate.

whats been happening

can you private message your mobile to me i lost your number when i changed phones.
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Wed, 21 May 2003 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I knew auto boxes are complicated having pulled apart one myself but three days to rebuild at a quick pace??? How complicated is a 1J Box???

yeah but have you ever put one back together ???

a rebuild involves updated components not just throwing in the same as original and the torque converter also has to be CUT open to modify .The valve body has to be completly re drilled and re sprung it is a science .

NOT for back yarders or anyone that hasnt spent YEARS learing the art of auto boxes . iknow of a dozen or more good cars let down by crappy auto box builds

Micheal form MV is very particular type of guy .i cant imagine him doing ANYTHING rushed .3 days is quick

MV have built boxes for the like of maztech for sub 10 sec drag cars and Micheal really knows his stuff .

i am geting Mv to build the C4 for my Celica .The box will be built to handle 1000h.p . he knows his cars and his drag racing .

ANYONE considering upgrading thier auto he the only guy in AUSTRALIA i can recommend

1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Thu, 22 May 2003 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ditto to what paul said
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Fri, 23 May 2003 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be racing the Celica on the 28th ! Hopefully have a locked diff by then for the night. Try and get over the traction problems I had last time...
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Sun, 25 May 2003 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was gonna spectate, but now that my lift can't go, I'll have to take my car, so I may as well enter.

Does anyone know if you can take your mate in with you as pit crew as part of the $45 entry fee, or do they pay extra?

Cheers
Phil
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Sun, 25 May 2003 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just rang the track, they reckon wednesday will be cancelled due to a rainy forecast..... Crying or Very Sad
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Sun, 25 May 2003 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn, I just spent the weekend putting a locked diff centre in Sad

Might have to cancel anual leave with work if the forcast is rain.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Mon, 26 May 2003 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doesn't look good guys :

http://weather.ninemsn.com.au/weather/national/nsw .asp?location=Sydney
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Mon, 26 May 2003 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mates cost $12. You will need to get him a wrist band and sign him in as pit crew when you pay your entry. He will need to be in the entrants office at the same time. This way, your mate can ride in the car all the way down to the staging lanes.
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Tue, 27 May 2003 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bugger it! I'm driving up from canberra no matter what! Hope to see you guys there. I'll be in the black T18

Phil
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Tue, 27 May 2003 03:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I look forward to seeing you again Phil. I hope that tomorrow is not cancelled.

Regards
Jason
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Tue, 27 May 2003 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can someone post if this is going ahead or not??
thank you Smile
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Tue, 27 May 2003 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be calling the track this morning, I'll post up if its cancelled.

fingers crossed! I dunno what I'll do if I drive from canberra to find they've cancelled it at the last minute Sad is there a skidpan nearby? at least the rain couldnt spoil that!

[Updated on: Tue, 27 May 2003 21:36]

TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Tue, 27 May 2003 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its official. I just called the track, its cancelled.

F**k this!

If anyone hears otherwise, please call me on 0402 257 221 & ill be in the car in a flash.

Phil

Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Wed, 28 May 2003 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Weather is patchy here but no rain. No reason not to go ahead, unless that are worried about the state of the paddocks etc for parking.

A lot of the playing fields are water logged atm.

Matt

PerformanceCar
Newcomer

May 2003
Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Wed, 28 May 2003 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I heard that tonight has been cancelled.
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Wed, 28 May 2003 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
too wet for spectators was the reason given for cancellation.

next event to be held the 11TH JUNE.

Confused
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Wed, 28 May 2003 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BBBOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! To the organisers.
I was looking forward to this
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Wed, 28 May 2003 05:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the lovely organisers are just think of schmidddiiiesss and jonssseeeyyyysss bums getting wet. Very Happy
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Wed, 28 May 2003 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PEATS RIDGE ANYONE !? Very Happy Rolling Eyes
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Wed, 28 May 2003 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me! me!

unless it's raining... I'm not crazy enough to take the supra out in the wet ... it's bad enough driving sensibly
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Wed, 28 May 2003 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah im keen for a drive tonight
thornlea maccas at 8?
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Wed, 28 May 2003 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there, weather and women permitting Smile
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: EASTERN CREEK 28TH MAY WHO'S RACING Wed, 28 May 2003 08:59 Go to previous message
My mobile:

Ring me if something is happenin Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Offroad Racing at Singleton NSW, Sunday 25 May
Next Topic:How to go about organising Wakefield day?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 29 11:09:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.16488695144653 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.