Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
big cams for 2tg Sun, 11 May 2003 00:49 Go to next message
im after some big cams for my 2tg build, can anyone help me out.
justin
  Send a private message to this user    
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: big cams for 2tg Sat, 17 May 2003 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
has ANYONE GOT ANY??????????? Smile
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: big cams for 2tg Sun, 18 May 2003 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why not get your cams hard faced camtech in sydney or clive cams in melbourne ,also remember the hotter you go fuel economy goes out the door also will need better carbioes than solexes
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: big cams for 2tg Sun, 18 May 2003 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i understand about the fuel economy side of things. I should have been a little more specific about the setup, i will be running the cams in a 2tgeu with 3sge injectors and mico-tech digi 1 ems, so fuel supply is not going to be a problem at all.
justin
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: big cams for 2tg Sun, 18 May 2003 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CelicaRA45 wrote on Sun, 18 May 2003 15:17

why not get your cams hard faced camtech in sydney

what do you mean by hard faced???
justin
ta2272
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: big cams for 2tg Sun, 18 May 2003 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why wouldnt solex's be fine for worked cams, from what i understand itll work just fine.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: big cams for 2tg Sun, 18 May 2003 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think he was refering to the flow rate of the solex carbs as compared to something a little bigger!!! Smile
andrewvibert
Forums Junkie

Forum Sponsor

May 2002
Re: big cams for 2tg Mon, 19 May 2003 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi ,I have 2 sets of 2TG cams one set of cams are wade 584A grind
ex 80.5 - 45 deg, advertised duration 305.5,duration at .050 - 259, lobe
lift .427",Valve lift .415". Intake 48.5 - 77deg.
The other set are Wade 205 grind. ex71/31 int 31/71, cam lift .375", advert
duration .281", duration at .050" - .234".
Both would make good street cams.
They are in as new cond.$220 pr
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: big cams for 2tg Mon, 19 May 2003 04:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will i have to replace the shims to to put in either of the sets of cams???
justin
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: big cams for 2tg Mon, 19 May 2003 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Juzzo,

ANY cam change will mean you have to change your shims. Somewhere like Wilkins performance engines can do this for you. A regrind will cost you from around $180 and up but you have to supply the cams. For $220 outright either of Andrews grinds are a dead set Bargain !

Andrew,

Are they both Regrinds or are either of them Hardfaced and Built up ?? The Second Grind is very much like what I had in Tina's originaly and made for an Awesome street cam. The First is a tad larger than what I swapped to !

That first one (wade 584A grind) looks like it would be very nice in the rev department ! mmm if only i had a spare 2TG.........

mmmm very tempting, Just looked up the specs for Tina's old record breaking cams for her 2TG and they were only .410" lift and there duration at .050" was only 240. Thats a bloody nice set of cams for the more serious streeter !

If I had a 2TG in my car they would be sold !

Oh and as for the Solex Carbies not being able to handle a big cam..... What a load of crap ! Sure a set of 45mm webbers may do the job a tad better but the stock solex's if rebuilt to suit will handle the task just fine !

If anyone buys these I bags a ride Shotgun! (God I miss that engine !)

[Updated on: Mon, 19 May 2003 05:42]

CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: big cams for 2tg Mon, 19 May 2003 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
40mm solexes wont be up to the task also getting jets and pump jets are near impossible to get especially with the 1st grind andrew mentioned 259 at 50 thou is big need at lest 45mm with 38mm chockes to run them ,im using 266 dur at 50thou with 535 thou lift and im 2.0 liter and also 47.5 mm throttles on them
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: big cams for 2tg Tue, 20 May 2003 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CelicaRA45,

Dude just cause you can't or don't know how to does not mean it isn't possible or for that matter desirable. !

Tinas car ran the L1 Cosworth Race grind that is very similar to the large Grind of Andrews with NO problems at all on the 40mm Solexs. (also had 3T crank and mild overbore)

It was also no problem at all to get alternate jets and the like at any stage during there lifespan of her car. The carbies were rebuilt totally and maintained by Frank Kleinig and was class winner at its last 3 Dyno days... All with 40mm solexs !

Sorry to sound harsh but there is alot of misinformation that gets put in these forums and we are trying to limit that as much as possible.

CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: big cams for 2tg Tue, 20 May 2003 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well rod, we were talking about a 2tg 1600 cc not 1950 cc with a 3t crank as soon as you change it from 1600 to 1950 naturally the cams becomes milder due to the capacity change of 400cc .as the titles says dude 2tg ,doesnt mention big bore or restroke now does it ,i should no graham wilkins spent ages trying to get my 2tg going with solexes and that was years ago ,when willo was racing in group C
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: big cams for 2tg Wed, 21 May 2003 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glen,

Tina's was 1mm overbore and you are correct the cams get much more manageable as the displacement increases due to increased torque etc.

To be honest tho I don't see how that effects the suitability of the carbies, The bigger the displacement the more fuel they require so if anything the added displacement would increase the need for a larger carby ??

In saying that tho the Big cam Andrew listed is not a cam I would put an any 2TG that was still running a 2T crank if it were for regular street use. The 3T crank does make a world of difference to how these engine perform down low.
7mgtema71
Regular

May 2002
Re: big cams for 2tg Fri, 23 May 2003 04:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi guys,

I not one to be involved in politics or any thing near, but i reviwed this article i read ages ago and they mentiond although the EFI setup does have it's advantages, the solexs are sufficient enough to do the job with a 2tg motor; even up to 2000cc. It's in the second section (Modifying the 2TG) in paragraph labelled, 'Fuel System'.

http://www.toysport.com/Technical%20Information/2t g_18rg_3tg_tech_notes.htm

Enjoy the read...
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: big cams for 2tg Mon, 26 May 2003 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrew, could you please contact me.
thanks
justin
0413461518 Cool
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: big cams for 2tg Tue, 27 May 2003 10:38 Go to previous message
thanks for the phone call andrew.
justin Cool