Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » COPS AND DEFECTS HOW WELL DO THEY MIX?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
FLYNSX
Regular

May 2003
    flyn
COPS AND DEFECTS HOW WELL DO THEY MIX? Sun, 11 May 2003 09:11 Go to next message
As most people that went on the cruise to Stanwell Tops on saturday nite know i got defected

1 Cam covers missing
2 Seats not enginered
3 Air pod

what can i say cam covers missing how could my cam covers b missing if i was driving the car. Seats iam using the original rails from my old seats i was told by the engineer that i dont have to get then enginered. Air pod filter the car was enginered with the pod filter on and complys to all ADR emissions and standards it was even stated on the report.

All i got to say is that if your going to defect some1 make sure you know what the hell you are going on about and that the defect you are writing up is 100% correct. Half the cops out there wouldnt know what is and what isnt a defect and i think should go back to cop school and learn the rules 100% b4 they become hwy patrol officers.

They should be chasing real hoons not a group of guys out for a cruise with there club companions.
  Send a private message to this user    
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: COPS AND DEFECTS HOW WELL DO THEY MIX? Sun, 11 May 2003 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apparently PODS are illegal unless they are covered with a BOX.....otherwise they are a firehazard

FLYNSX
Regular

May 2003
    flyn
Re: COPS AND DEFECTS HOW WELL DO THEY MIX? Sun, 11 May 2003 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
then they shouldnt of enginered it Smile
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: COPS AND DEFECTS HOW WELL DO THEY MIX? Sun, 11 May 2003 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mate the sad fact is if a cop wants to defect you they can. yes they dont know what they are talking about.. thats why they defect you then you take it to an EXPERT(read: someone who knows whats going on) and they decide whether or not it is ok.
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: COPS AND DEFECTS HOW WELL DO THEY MIX? Sun, 11 May 2003 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FLYNSX wrote on Sun, 11 May 2003 19:11

Seats iam using the original rails from my old seats i was told by the engineer that i dont have to get then enginered.

You will still need them engineered ... I recently fitted a set of Autotecnica bucket seats and am still using my existing Sprinter seat rails. Was still required to get them engineered so I guess you must have consulted a dodgy engineer then ... Confused
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: COPS AND DEFECTS HOW WELL DO THEY MIX? Sun, 11 May 2003 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it'll just be a bit of a hassle for you, for the cam covers anyhow
you take it to an engineer, he says "yep, the cam covers sure are there" and then you take the inspection slip to the rta and get the defect cleared
the pod filter and seat are illegal though
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: COPS AND DEFECTS HOW WELL DO THEY MIX? Sun, 11 May 2003 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aftermarket seats have to be certifiued - no matter what state - i had prelude seats on original ta22 rails in my old beast + by law had to get the mod plate

for 50 - 60 bux you could save yourself a lot of issues like defecting .

re cam covers - dunno what the deal is there but nods on the pod filter - im sure it needs to be boxed off from the engine compartment .. anyway its sucking in hot air there - which would hinder performance .. Box + cold duct !
strober
Regular

June 2002
Re: COPS AND DEFECTS HOW WELL DO THEY MIX? Sun, 11 May 2003 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i went to tafe with a cadet that graduated into becoming a hwy patrolman. he was a complete loser, wank and a half. i can picture him doing half assed defect notices.
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: COPS AND DEFECTS HOW WELL DO THEY MIX? Sun, 11 May 2003 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I recall my mate who is a cop saying something about the fact not even cops like highway patrolmen.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: COPS AND DEFECTS HOW WELL DO THEY MIX? Sun, 11 May 2003 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, I've heard that a couple of times before. mainly from ex-cops tho.
corolla madness
Regular

January 2003
Re: COPS AND DEFECTS HOW WELL DO THEY MIX? Sun, 11 May 2003 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wouldn't mind being one if i get one of those SS coms to cruise around in. I remember one night this SS cop car was coming at me from behind in the dark at tremendous speeds did not know it was cops was gonna hit it and start trying to get away then the sirens went on just before i hit the gas very lucky. All he wanted to do was give me a breathaliser test. I can't believe he chased me at about 100+ kilometres and hour in a 60 sorry 50 zone just for a breath test.

I just wish i could be a highway patrol guy to drive those cars at those speeds and not get busted.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: COPS AND DEFECTS HOW WELL DO THEY MIX? Sun, 11 May 2003 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
congrats guys, this thread takes us one step closer to becoming just like the hot4s or performance forums...
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: COPS AND DEFECTS HOW WELL DO THEY MIX? Sun, 11 May 2003 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol what did you say when he pulled the "no cam covers" defect out? Shocked

I would have been like "FU$K what are those things on top of the motor ABOVE the cams?" Evil or Very Mad ...well prlbly not, but did you politely point out what a cam cover was? (maybe he was too used to 202's or something where they only have one cam cover....?)

Sounds likes BS to me

Cheers
Wilbo
FLYNSX
Regular

May 2003
    flyn
Re: COPS AND DEFECTS HOW WELL DO THEY MIX? Sun, 11 May 2003 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol i didnt say shit about the cam covers because he was ment to b defecting me for the timing belt cover missing.

I live in newcastle now never get hassled by the cops up here now i just know next time not to cruise to the hot spots in sydney.

Bah iam not going to spend $$$ to get more shit added to my enginers report. The report cost me enuff as it is Razz
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: COPS AND DEFECTS HOW WELL DO THEY MIX? Sun, 11 May 2003 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Why was your timing belt cover missing ?
FLYNSX
Regular

May 2003
    flyn
Re: COPS AND DEFECTS HOW WELL DO THEY MIX? Sun, 11 May 2003 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Um did the timing belt 8 months ago and polished the timing belt cogs and though dam they look good so i just left the cover off. Looks better when iam at car shows i think.
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: COPS AND DEFECTS HOW WELL DO THEY MIX? Mon, 12 May 2003 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahhk
Do u have LED's to match ?
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: COPS AND DEFECTS HOW WELL DO THEY MIX? Mon, 12 May 2003 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manipulate wrote on Mon, 12 May 2003 16:09

Ahhk
Do u have LED's to match ?

You being a smartass again Mani???

Daniel, I have seen the 4AG cam covers with the bit over the cam pulleys cut out with a perspex bit on it... It looks the goods, you can see the pulleys and the timing belt is all covered up...
FLYNSX
Regular

May 2003
    flyn
Re: COPS AND DEFECTS HOW WELL DO THEY MIX? Mon, 12 May 2003 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer maybe thats away i can go bah who cares i got all the defects cleared without the guy even looking at the car what a joke them defects were waste of time and $27 bah

EDITED: um... ok. watch your language please.

[Updated on: Tue, 13 May 2003 04:53] by Moderator

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: COPS AND DEFECTS HOW WELL DO THEY MIX? Mon, 12 May 2003 15:41 Go to previous message
say i have a 20v install done and engineered in an ae86

is the lack of the intake manifold a defect? or are open (or individually filtered) quad throttles legal?

[Updated on: Mon, 12 May 2003 15:46]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ae86
Next Topic:Why no 2jz Cressidas
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Jun 6 12:26:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043928623199463 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.