Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » heater fan fuse?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

heater fan fuse? Mon, 12 May 2003 04:55 Go to next message
Where is the heater fan fuse located in the sprinter? i mean the one that blows air into the car...... and yes i am stupid
  Send a private message to this user    
BansheeBuzz
Regular

January 2003
Re: heater fan fuse? Mon, 12 May 2003 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have a look behind the passenger kick panel and in that area.
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: heater fan fuse? Mon, 12 May 2003 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does the fan work at all?

The dropping resistors for the fans are most likely underneath the glove box, passenger foot area.

Cheers
Wilbo
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: heater fan fuse? Tue, 13 May 2003 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No the fan doesnt work at all, ill get in under there with a torch after it stops raining, so would it be a fuse or a resistor. The engine when idling and turn the fan on full nothing happens except revs drop so i suppose its taking heaps of power away from the engine
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: heater fan fuse? Tue, 13 May 2003 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They way that the dropping resistors work is that full speed is 12v (no resistor) so that should always work, by that I mean if you don't have the dropping resistors plugged in the high setting will still work (well thats how mine works Smile ) Sounds to me that the fan motor itself is actually stuffed?

Are you sure the motor is taking power, you say the revs die? Maybe it would be worth checking it with a cheap multimeter?

Good luck with it.....

Cheers
Wilbo
JDM hachi
Regular

February 2003
Re: heater fan fuse? Wed, 14 May 2003 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my heater fan was doing this also, so i decided to pull it out, when i had the fan out and onthe floor of the passenger side i plugged it in again and then it decided to work, so before you try any thing make sure that the fan motor plug is actually connected/clean. this is of course if it isn't the circuit breaker.
undo the passenger side kick panel, when it's off you will see a box (about the size of a relay)with a metal top on it this box is the circuit breaker, with something small enough (ie end of test light) reset the breaker by pushing the test light in the hole in the metal top of the breaker.
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: heater fan fuse? Wed, 14 May 2003 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
allright ill check it out tommorow
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: heater fan fuse? Wed, 28 May 2003 12:53 Go to previous message
i did this and it still doesnt work, i actually pulled the whole circuit breaker out of the panel and tried the fan and the revs didnt die like when it was in? i dont know if that means anything i would just say that that means the electricty isnt being drawn away from the engine. Where are the dropping resisters you are talking about? i would only want the high setting i suppose!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Tuning day
Next Topic:Supra Gearboxs
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 2 21:31:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0037331581115723 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.