Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » matrix reloaded thread with spoilers (don't read unless you have seen it)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
icon10.gif  matrix reloaded thread with spoilers (don't read unless you have seen it) Mon, 19 May 2003 01:16 Go to next message
just an idea, this way there will be no spoilers.

i must admit i didn't wait until the end of the trailers for the preview, i would have if i knew it was coming up.

as for reloaded being not as good as the first, i agree it lacked the "rawness" of the first, not that the first one would have been low budget in any way (cheaper thant the second though)

i think one of the things was in the first, they were all wearing these shitty clothes that they had dug out of a centuries old goodwill bin, with moth holes etc, and in the second they all had fairly nice threads.

i loved that mecha gaurding the zion gate, i cant wait to see them fight.

that SUV driven by the ghosts was a GM of some kind, while i was working at holden, they (GM) harped on about it being in the film all the time. dunno what the car trinity drove was, looked crap though.

anway, feel free to discuss in here if you want!
  Send a private message to this user    
Ronin
Regular

May 2002

Re: matrix reloaded thread with spoilers (don't read unless you have seen it) Mon, 19 May 2003 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looked a bit like an Alfa badge on the car trinity was driving.
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: matrix reloaded thread with spoilers (don't read unless you have seen it) Mon, 19 May 2003 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought trinity's car was a cadilac.. or something similar..

anyway.. that ending pissed me off..

everyone in the cinima went
AWWWWWWWWW wat the hell!!!

Very Happy
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: matrix reloaded thread with spoilers (don't read unless you have seen it) Mon, 19 May 2003 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think it was another GM (cadillac)
the badge looks alfa-ish

ill have a quick look for a caddilac badge

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-5/146072/cadillaclogo.jpg

there ya go.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: matrix reloaded thread with spoilers (don't read unless you have seen it) Mon, 19 May 2003 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It was a Cadillac.
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: matrix reloaded thread with spoilers (don't read unless you have seen it) Mon, 19 May 2003 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the second one got a bit borring with all the shitty talking and shit ...but it did explain the story line more.

Did anyone notice when they were on the freeway when the cars flipped over that one of them had been fully stripped underneath eg. no exhaust system, drive train??

And am i right saying that the moto could of easly got away from the cop cars??

Anyway it was a sweet movie and loved the fight scenes.
The preview for the next one could of been better.
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: matrix reloaded thread with spoilers (don't read unless you have seen it) Mon, 19 May 2003 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
only one thing annoyed me about the fight scenes,

neo fights like a pussy.

there is all the "whump whump" noises, but he never hits anyone hard. morpheus seems to have a bit more power.

i must say i was a bit dissapointed when he hit people with the pole, it looked really cool but he didn't really do any damage.

and when he got the sword, i thought "cool, hes gunna cut up some people" but then he just, didn't.

other movies i have seen had a lot more impressive fight scenes, (fight club, the one - various other jet lee movies)

i feel they could have been done alot better. (even compared to the first movie)

/end rant

ill have to look for the (lack of) exhaust systemn next time i see it. that scene was pretty cool though.

can't wait to see the animatrix.

oh yeah, that bit at the end where he stops the sentinels by holding out his hand, what is peoples take on that?

the way i see it, he does his "in the matrix trick" on the sentinels then the ship coming up behind hits the EMP and he collapsed because he thought it was him who actually had real superpowers. (either that or he thought he was still in the
matrix)

[Updated on: Mon, 19 May 2003 04:23]

justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: matrix reloaded thread with spoilers (don't read unless you have seen it) Mon, 19 May 2003 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is a difference between the way Neo and Morpheus fights for a reason. Neo has way more skill, and as you see, he tends to fight a lot more defensively and when he does hit them, he tends to send them flying.

On the other hand, Morpheus fights more aggressively, but who gets their arse caned more often? Laughing

As for the pole, I loved the bonking noise it made as he hit them Very Happy
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: matrix reloaded thread with spoilers (don't read unless you have seen it) Mon, 19 May 2003 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought trinities car was a chrysler, that black 4wd that was chasing her was chrysler wasnt it?

i reckon the front of trinities car look so much like the new 350z nissan.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: matrix reloaded thread with spoilers (don't read unless you have seen it) Mon, 19 May 2003 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bah...
i was a little disappionted Sad

visually spectacular, yeah, but bugger all plot. it was another damn computer game masquarading as a movie - as usual: "you have now completed level 1, task four, to progress to the next level, you muct knock out the power station, then back up grid power, and then open the door. you have 328 seconds..."

and i thought the fight scenes, particularly the first one with the mr smith clones, started off awesome, then they hit this point where they got 'soooo' complex that they obviously had to be completed in a TOTALLY digital fashion (as opposed to digital manipulation of real figures). at that point Neo suddenly ceased to look like keanu, and the whole pipe spinning scene just looked like a fantastic video game demo clip...

i have to say the imagination of visually representing IT infrastucture and all the visual analouges of hacking etc was very impressive.

so anyway, a visual orgy, but no plot. none of the utter imagination and amazing plot premise that made the first such a confronting and engrossing film.

and has anyone seen the 1927 'Metropolis' ?? tel you what, more than a few shades of that in Zion - and the engineering level - that almost looked like a straight copy - dialouge and all!

but yeah, i want a mech for christmas...(first time ive seen a decent mech since the industrial loader mech in 'aliens'...)

7/10

cheers
ed
wizzfizz2097
Regular

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: matrix reloaded thread with spoilers (don't read unless you have seen it) Mon, 19 May 2003 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe neo can stop the squidies in real life because its not real life JUST ANOTHER MATRIX!!!
or smith said something about part of neo in the matrix and part of the matrix in neo, thus neo has some power over the machines
i loved it cause i was in a cinema full of geeks (my uni computer organisation hired a screening) you should have heard the laughter when trinity starts using unix!!!
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: matrix reloaded thread with spoilers (don't read unless you have seen it) Mon, 19 May 2003 07:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is my understanding of it, for me it makes perfect sense. Hope it does for you too.

Xion was made by the machines to facilitate humans that will not accept the matrix. This is the REAL world here, the actual physical world. The reason i assume this is because the old counciler said that no one understands how the machines down there work, they just work. Surely if they were human built people would understand the sciences involved behind the machines. The reason that this is not part of a greater matrix is because the human minds that reject the matrix would also reject another matrix, so they must be stored in the physical world.

The whole prophecy is a trap to lure "The One" into going back to the source, allowing a very small amount of people in Xion to survive and rebuild. The oracle guides Neo back to the Source. She is a machine and is not helping the humans. Its her purpose to follow this cylce as well as study humans. She says all this stuff about completing the prophecy, but if the one rejoins the source code, the matrix is reloaded and it will take a while for a new anomaly to form, then the process will repeat.

The architect is also there to pursuade the one to take the door that leads to the matrix being reloaded. No machines/programs can predict what will happen, they can just make judgements based on previous encounters with the one and the study of humans.

Xion is also a tool to help persuade the one into reloading the matrix, ensuring the "survival" of the human race.

None of the previous The one's were in love when they made the choice, so they chose to save the entire race. The architech also tells neo that the matrix will only crash if the one goes threw the reloading door and does not make a choice.

Neo chose not to reload the matrix and exit via the door that he had entered to save trinity. Thus a move that the program/AI/machines did not predict.

Xion has not been destroyed yet. There is still a few hours before the machines break through. The massacre the other ship captian was refering too was the pre emptive attack of 5 ships to slow down the progress of the centinals. The human that smith cloned and that made it back to the REAL world sabotaged the attack, thats why he was the only survivor. He was the one that set off the EMP blast that disabled the ships.

The reason he is still alive is because the machines could sense that he was one of them (not sure how since he was in a human body, maybe esp or something). This has to do with how Neo stopped the sentinals from attacking him and the others. In the first movie smith was destroyed by neo, and some of smith went into neo as did some of neo into smith, hence the emotions that smith displays in reloaded. Neo can somehow link with the machines and destroy them.
Laurie D
Regular

March 2003
Re: matrix reloaded thread with spoilers (don't read unless you have seen it) Mon, 19 May 2003 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Having worked on the movie, I can confirm it was definitely a cadilac!!

Laurie D
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: matrix reloaded thread with spoilers (don't read unless you have seen it) Mon, 19 May 2003 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Intensevil wrote on Mon, 19 May 2003 17:19

Neo chose not to reload the matrix and exit via the door that he had entered to save trinity. Thus a move that the program/AI/machines did not predict.

AFIAK, the Architect predicted that Neo would go and save Trinity.

Intensevil wrote on Mon, 19 May 2003 17:19

The reason he is still alive is because the machines could sense that he was one of them (not sure how since he was in a human body, maybe esp or something). This has to do with how Neo stopped the sentinals from attacking him and the others. In the first movie smith was destroyed by neo, and some of smith went into neo as did some of neo into smith, hence the emotions that smith displays in reloaded. Neo can somehow link with the machines and destroy them.

Agent Smith has been displaying emotions since the start of the first movie. Remember when he was interrogating Morpheus and talked about the stench of the place?
Also, his frustration every time Neo escaped from him.
Also, in the second movie, he talked about how he felt satisfaction when he killed Neo.
He's been slowly corrupted by the humans (thus his discomfort).

I think that most of what the Architect told Neo was untrue. He was trying to save his arse so was making things up to make Neo leave.
Hopefully, Revolutions will explain things, 'coz I'm still very confused about all this.
Intensevil
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: matrix reloaded thread with spoilers (don't read unless you have seen it) Mon, 19 May 2003 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The architech was trying to show neo that human existans is more important than trinity, but neo persevered and went after trinity. This broke the chain that all of the other The ones did (their shown in the video screens).
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: matrix reloaded thread with spoilers (don't read unless you have seen it) Mon, 19 May 2003 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought the car that trinity was driving was a v35 skyline.. im probably wrong.

did anyone else notice the little feteus inside trinity when neo reached in to start her heart?

someone was telling me that the doors in the architects room were coloured red and blue (in reference the the red/blue pills from the first)

I was thinking that there were two matricies set up, because the architect was telling neo that matrix works because 99% (or something) of the humans subconciously had a choice to accept it. the other 1% (or something) are the people in zion, who rejected it, but still had to be held.

The story was a bit all over the place because its basically a 3 & 1/2 hour long movie cut in two. i really want to see it again.. im just so glad we dont have to wait two years for revolutions to come out. Very Happy

[Updated on: Mon, 19 May 2003 09:17]

Miss 22
Regular

May 2003
icon13.gif  Re: matrix reloaded thread with spoilers (don't read unless you have seen it) Mon, 19 May 2003 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hated it! the first hour and a half was boring, and the only time i was at all entertained was when the fight scenes were on and the scene with the moto! When trinity was being chased by the cops i leaned over and said that there was no way that car could keep up with her. The special effects however were good, just all that talking got damn boring. NUMBER ONE WAS DEFINATLY BETTER> and i hate the ending....i hate the fact that i HAVE to go and see the next one just coz i wanna know what happens. well the fighting and car scenes were sweet but as for the rest of it it was BAD! i understood the first one pretty good, but had no idea what was happening in the first hour or so....but to finish off, love the sunnies look inside! Smile Smile
MEL
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: matrix reloaded thread with spoilers (don't read unless you have seen it) Mon, 19 May 2003 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Went a saw it again....mainy cause my mates went....almost feel asleep. I think the black moto that Trinity is riding changes to a dark green a couple of times.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: matrix reloaded thread with spoilers (don't read unless you have seen it) Tue, 20 May 2003 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speakafreaka wrote on Mon, 19 May 2003 18:49

someone was telling me that the doors in the architects room were coloured red and blue (in reference the the red/blue pills from the first)

I don't remember them being coloured... They were cream/white/silver coloured from what I remember.
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: matrix reloaded thread with spoilers (don't read unless you have seen it) Tue, 20 May 2003 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think the doors were green???? but both were the same color.

If anyone wants definate answers by the end of the third movie, prepare to be disappointed. i think they will want to keep the whole mistique thing going. (could be totally wrong here too though)

i had a quick look at whatisthematrix.com and there is a philosophy section if you really want to know/confuse yourself further.

but i know i need to see the animatrix, i haven't seen a good anime film in ages.

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: matrix reloaded thread with spoilers (don't read unless you have seen it) Tue, 20 May 2003 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4 of the 9 Animatrix episodes are up here:
http://www.intothematrix.com/
bass_boy
Regular

May 2002
Re: matrix reloaded thread with spoilers (don't read unless you have seen it) Tue, 20 May 2003 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miss 22 wrote on Mon, 19 May 2003 19:11

When trinity was being chased by the cops i leaned over and said that there was no way that car could keep up with her.

i think this is kinda explaind by the fact that they are part of a computer program (or a game) and thus the laws of physics and speed need not apply.. ???
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: matrix reloaded thread with spoilers (don't read unless you have seen it) Tue, 20 May 2003 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think the car keeping up with trinitty on the bike was due to "its a movie" rules, rtaher than the bent rules of the matrix.

id download the animatrix, but i have poxy 56k modem, ill just get the dvd
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon10.gif  Re: matrix reloaded thread with spoilers (don't read unless you have seen it) Tue, 20 May 2003 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One for the South Park fans....
23.9MB MPEG Video
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon10.gif  Re: matrix reloaded thread with spoilers (don't read unless you have seen it) Tue, 20 May 2003 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And another one for the geeks. I saw Trinity use ssh, but didn't see that she'd used nmap and sshnuke to break into the server to shut down the electricity grid in Reloaded.

Screenshot can be found here:
http://www.insecure.org/

http://images.insecure.org/nmap/images/matrix/nmap-matrixhax0r3c.gif
http://images.insecure.org/nmap/images/matrix/nmap-matrix2log-cropped.gif

Smile

[Updated on: Tue, 20 May 2003 05:42]

Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: matrix reloaded thread with spoilers (don't read unless you have seen it) Wed, 21 May 2003 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I must say that I was glad to see a computer screen that was real, as opposed to the hacking GUI bullshit of swordfish and so many others!

[Updated on: Wed, 21 May 2003 08:11]

DRAG'N 4
Regular

May 2002
Re: matrix reloaded thread with spoilers (don't read unless you have seen it) Tue, 03 June 2003 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You all MUST see the animatrix. It puts a few more things into perspective, and raises a few more questions, and it also shows more involving the condition of ppl in the real world. Some of it is damn trippy too Very Happy . I've been told you can see it in the cinemas, but i think it's bulls**t.
Thanks for clearing up my confusion, i think i get it now... Rolling Eyes
joyride
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

January 2003
Re: matrix reloaded thread with spoilers (don't read unless you have seen it) Wed, 04 June 2003 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heres an american honda forum that has had this discussion for some time now. they have some pretty good ideas and lots of links to other websites dedicated to the matrix.
matrix reloaded

its a very long read (17 pages - 40 posts a page, u do the math)
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: matrix reloaded thread with spoilers (don't read unless you have seen it) Thu, 05 June 2003 08:28 Go to previous message
Guys, if you want to see some good Matrix Reloaded discussion, go to www.geekroar.com ( i think). There is a 'spolierific' matrix reloaded discussion page, and also another HUGE discussion on the page with the whole Architect scene transcribed. Elsewhere on that site they have some transcripts from the game which help make some things make more sense.

What I think is a pivotal question, is whether all the screens behind Neo in the architect room are all neo's possible reactions, or the reactions of the neos before him (they mention this being the 6th time Zion has needed to be 'rebooted'.) I'd like to think it is the architect's predictions of possible outcomes, but some of the text that is transcibed on that page seems to suggest otherwise. Like one says 'what? there were 3 others, another one says '5' etc
Either way, did Neo make a different decision to the previous One's? What i don't get is... i think all the previous Neos or Ones chose to restart Zion instead of going back into the Matrix, but they were all motivated by a sort of utiliatrian love for mankind. Neo, on the other hand, was motivated by a singular love for Trinity and chose to go back into the matrix. Neo had 2 doors to choose between, basically either Zion or Trinity, so what did the previous Ones choose between if they didn't have a love interest like Neo does? Seems like they would only have 1 door (shrugs).

Also.. about the end part. A lot of people think he could stop the squiddies because Zion and the real world are just another 'outside' Matrix, that the matrix is a matrix within a matrix. Some people think that the kid giving him the bent spoon is a clue that the real world is just another matrix. I think this is 1) too obvious and 2)too depressing. It would undermine a lot of the first film etc. I think it is either because of Neo being mixed up with Smith (and vise versa), that it was at the same time as the rescuing ship's EMP blast, or that Neo has reached an enlightened state which lets him overcome the real world in the way his mind does the Matrix.

I thought the Zion part of the film... the first 1/4 or whatever... was crappy and poorly done (not deep enough, shallow characters etc) but I enjoyed the rest of the film. I like how in this one, you watch it and then afterwards all the little things throughout the film you didn't really pay attention too make you think about what relevance they had, what they meant etc.

what a long post
/geek

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:nice ae86 headlights
Next Topic:death by flaming...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Jun 6 00:48:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.10779094696045 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.