Classifieds » Miscellaneous » Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Fri, 23 May 2003 10:00 Go to next message
Im looking at making a mould for a rear boot spoiler should be a replica of the TRD ones looks like the one in the pic. I have got 1 other friend who is interested. Just wondering if there are anyone out there interested to buy one for their AE86 not sure how much it would cost but will find out.

How much is everyone willing to pay for it? Or are there anyone out there who is interested?

thanks

Attachment: 0126_05lo.jpg
(Size: 8.78KB, Downloaded 179 time(s))

Send a private message to this user    
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Fri, 23 May 2003 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that a drift wing look a like ? they usually sell for around 250-350 i will post a pic here

Attachment: wing12.JPG
(Size: 87.10KB, Downloaded 129 time(s))

GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Fri, 23 May 2003 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea thats the one i couldn't find a better picture found that on autospeed! Smile

it would cost less if i can find more people interested.

sprintr ? have you already got one ? or are you looking for one?
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Fri, 23 May 2003 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looking for one, but your in western australia which is a bit of a problem
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Fri, 23 May 2003 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can courier the part to you, it would not cost much as the item is quite light, Ive got a friend who has the standard boot spoiler from the Jap Spec Levin and it doesnt weight more than 5kgs.

The spoiler should come in a set with screws and all when it is made. Let me know if ure still interested.

BTW where are you ?
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica (AE86) Fri, 23 May 2003 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body
Solo
Regular

May 2003

Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Fri, 23 May 2003 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im interested, but im in Melb, abit of trouble getting it to here, if the price is good, ill consider
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Fri, 23 May 2003 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ur making the mould? Hmm finally someone is thinking of replicating the trd spoiler. Anyway. Have u started the process? What kind of a price are u looking at? I am guessing it comes in teh bare fibreglass finish?
MR PLOW
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Sat, 24 May 2003 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey mate they are a nice spoiler but it sucks cause im preety sure it wouldn't fit my ae82 seca. Mad
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Sat, 24 May 2003 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea the spoiler finish would be fibreglass and would be made to fit the AE86 to incorporate the bootlock and all. The spoiler is only made for the AE86 so mr. plow you can try but not sure if it'll look okay.

Will update u guys on these! BTW im trying to keep prices between 200 - 250 which includes screws and stuff for the whole spoiler to bolt on.

J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Sat, 24 May 2003 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keep me posted mate pm or j0hnny@optusnet.com.au
extremely interested in this.
AE86JACK
Occasional Poster

May 2003
Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Sat, 24 May 2003 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, mate,
I am interested on the spolier, could you count me in? I am living in Melbourne, and could tell how much is the cost totally including frieght?
Thanks.
Jack
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Sat, 24 May 2003 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The TRD duckwing spoilers, TRD front spoiler and rear OEM spoilers are available from Ken Streeter already if you're up here in Queensland although I believe he does ship interstate ...
it's where I got all me body kit parts from ... Very Happy

His spoilers have been modified so that you can still retain the rear wiper if needs be ...

Link: http://forums.club4ag.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31935

http://www.members.optushome.com.au/magneticrose/Red3.JPG
http://www.members.optushome.com.au/magneticrose/Red2.JPG

PM for further details if interested ... the only AE86 parts he has yet to replicate are the side skirts however we are looking at doing an opaque version of the clear Levin grill ...

[Updated on: Sat, 24 May 2003 15:19]

threegeese
Occasional Poster

February 2003
Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Sat, 24 May 2003 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't mean to hijack the thread but it looks like its already begun Smile

Dodgy Haro, how much are the front lip and spoiler selling for in QLD?
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Sat, 24 May 2003 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry but I also don't mean to hijack the thread ... just wanted ppl to know that it is a very involved task but that someone has already done it ... just as Gingernuts has already done the carbon fibre bonnet thing already.

Ultimately, it is up to the individual where he goes to shop for parts ... I'm lucky I'm in Qld so I can just get the parts in person.

You'd probably have to ask Ken himself for that re prices ... I bought mine a while ago. The front splitter cost me around $170 from recollection and the rear OEM spoiler was at mate's rates because I provided the spoiler for a mould itself from Speedcore.

As for the TRD duckwings, I think he charges around the $245 mark as well but this includes the amount of time & fibreglass needed. His spoilers are the ones on the 4AGZE website that allow you to retain the rear wipers although he can also provide ones without the holes.

He also has a fibreglass hatch in plans although I'm not sure where this is at ... price is around the $400 mark. He has also made parts such as cam covers and the front spoiler in carbon fibre as well so there is a wide variety of choices.

Not sure about freight though but I've PM'ed you his details. If you find he's too expensive, I'll go with GTStar then (which makes sense obviously).

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Sat, 24 May 2003 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much do those carbon fibre bonnets go for?
I dont actually want one, just want an idea on the approximate cost of carbon fibre (I know it's obscene)
king16
Regular

July 2002
Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Sun, 25 May 2003 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey everyone... im very interested in the replica but dont like the look of the screws/pop rivets. is there a way you could attach it to the car without screws or pop rivets...?
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Sun, 25 May 2003 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dodgy haro i didnt know anyone here in australia actually sold bodykits for the AE86, all the ones ive seen all comes from the states!

Now Im actually looking for the front lip and the boot spoiler at the moment as my car has yet to be resprayed. I have to speak to the guy doing this about the screws and stuff but if i can get enough people who are interested in doing this it would cheaper i guess.

Hey dodgyharo have you got ken streeter's number? Really interested in buying the front lip.

Will update u's about this tomorrow as nothing's open on the weekend here! Smile Cheers guys have a good one!

Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Sun, 25 May 2003 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GTStar ... have PM'ed you his details ... Ken now works from home but is a professional bodykit builder. You'll see his name mentioned a lot on the Twincam16 forums as it is more QLD based.

You may still look into doing a replica for yourself if it works out cheaper but ultimately the buyer decides. As I said, the only thing no one has been able to get a hand of are the side skirts.

As for attaching the spoilers, the front can be attached either with screws or glued on. Being black, I've screwed mine on given that it's easier to replace and you hardly notice anything. The back spoiler has been attached with 4 screws.

king16 ... unfortunately the only way to get a 'seemless' spoiler look for the rear is with a fibreglass hatch. It's not so bad when you consider that this is normal for all AE86's you see in Japan apart from those that go for a fibreglass hatch.

draven ... Gingernuts does the work himself and only charges $500 delivered anywhere in Australia. Have a look further down the for sale forums if it's still there. This is a damn good deal as they probably cost around over a grand if sold commercially.

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Sun, 25 May 2003 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$500 for a carbon fibre bonnet?
that is an amazing price! how in the hell does he manage that?

and would he make one up for my supra?
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Sun, 25 May 2003 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sun, 25 May 2003 20:00

$500 for a carbon fibre bonnet?
that is an amazing price! how in the hell does he manage that?

and would he make one up for my supra?

$500 delivered anywhere in Australia because he made it himself obviously keeping labour costs down. It's even cheaper if you trade your existing bonnet in ...

As for other moulds, others have asked but he won't do them ... the original one was for his AE86 car which he has saved the mould from. I guess he can't be bothered with other cars as the costs of doing another one is too much ...

All I can say is speak with Gingernuts himself ... do a search and you'll find his product in these forums. Most ppl enquire but not many ppl end up getting them.

I just don't have enough $$$ ATM so I won't bother him ... yet ... hah hah ... Very Happy
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Sun, 25 May 2003 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dodgyharo! Saw ure pics on twincam16 forum! damn ure car looks nice!

yea ive been looking like crazy for the front lip. It looks great already emailed ken! BTW how did you fit the front lip? Did you do it yourself? I got given a treuno front bumper not sure if it's lower than the sprinter one but will fit it on if it looks better.

BTW how much did you get ure mags for?
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Sun, 25 May 2003 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, thanks for the comments GTStar ... but I'm sure yours will look brand new like mine after you respray yours. What colour scheme are you getting? I got my panda done for $3k up here which was a good deal considering I did no prep work and it took 3 weeks.

Ken fitted the front lip himself ... was as simple as screwing the holes then bolting the lip on after it was painted. You could use glue to attach it as well.

Um ... as far as I'm aware, the Trueno (pop-up light) bumpers are not compatible with Levins & vice versa. Or are you referring to Levin Zenki & Kouki bumpers? Even then, I do recall that you need the correct mounting brackets to mount the bumper on an Oz spec AE86 although you could probably adapt them to fit.

If you have a Trueno, I'm afraid the front splitter won't fit as they are for Levin zenki bumpers only - that is, the Oz spec AE86 bumpers. If you do have a Trueno zenki bumper, you may want to get in touch with Ben (Aka Hachi Roku Trueno) in Sydney on these forums as his Trueno has a front splitter on it. You could ask him where he got his from. This is a pic of his Trueno Zenki bumper with front splitter:

http://www.test.nice.com.au/ed/photos/trackday_april03/images/belperformance_trackday_april%20011.jpg

As for the wheels, believe it or not, I got the 4 alloys with Bridgestone 185 tyres for $350 all up + $50 postage to Brizzy from Japanese Motorsports in Adelaide. My best deal yet apart from the Webber carbs I got for around the same price ... Surprised

If you constantly surf their site, you never know what you'll come across. They also had a set of SSR Mesh like wheels 15x7" but they were snapped up even quicker than my Watanabe look-alikes:

http://www.japanesemotorsport.com.au/partsinstock6 .htm

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Sun, 25 May 2003 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dodgy
you going to repaint those wheels/?

red is rather...... striking? Wink

oh and when my trueno gets here in july/aug
im wiling to let ken to make a mould of the skirts if he wants to

just depends on how long they will take to do (how long they will be "off" my car)

[Updated on: Sun, 25 May 2003 13:35]

Solo
Regular

May 2003

Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Mon, 26 May 2003 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey can i get ken's number aswell, the one on 4age.net is out of date, really need that body kit and spoiler!
thanks!
GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Tue, 27 May 2003 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dodgy,
no sorry i just found out .. ive got 2 bumpers given to me, one was off the LEVIN GTV i think there are very few in australia read somewhere about 80 of them only made it hear and all came with the 4AGE, not sure if it'll fit but i think i will prob have to use the brackets off mine to make it fit. Just got quoted for the front splitter is yours the smalle one or the big one? it's 170 for the small one and 240 for the large one...

geez...thats very expensive

i think i would have to wait awhile before i can afford it.

J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Tue, 27 May 2003 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey is what does a levin gtv bumper look like ?
could i get pics?
thanks
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Tue, 27 May 2003 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess the bumpers you have are the kouki ones with indicators by the corners?:

http://www.club4ag.com/PHOTOS/contributions/HIJK/Jamey_Firth_AE86_UKb_small.jpg

If so, then (1) I doubt if the mounting brackets are the same and (2) I doubt that the zenki lips will fit either for that matter. You could try to adapt them but they won't exactly fit into place.

Yes ... I paid $170 for the front splitter however as you said before, where else can you get one of these? Crying or Very Sad

It is a bit but I didn't feel anything when I saw how gorgeous me car looked. Very Happy

As for the rear TRD duckwing, they do sell for around $250 and that's for a used one from the forums in the past. Shocked

Yes ... it is a money pit ... I'm saving up for my next upgrade which will be an aftermarket LSD unit. Razz
4AGE
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Tue, 27 May 2003 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Errmm ahhh errr... So where do i find the spoiler? and front lip? Its become like a discussion and i lost track? Anyone care to point me in teh direction of the original wing? Who to contact and how much? Soz to interrupt Just needing a few more parts before my respray.
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Tue, 27 May 2003 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah ... maybe this ought to be moved to the general discussion section Confused :

Ken Streeter's the man to get in touch with ...

He's hard to get but your message will eventually reach him either via:

Email: nikkit@voxson.com (most reliable one)
Mobile: 0414 936 969

If you send him an SMS, he has no way of replying. Otherwise, look for
Rollie on the www.twincam16.com forums.

Good luck!

Daz.

http://www.members.optushome.com.au/magneticrose/Red11.JPG

GTStar
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Tue, 27 May 2003 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dodgy is that spoiler the duck lip ure taking about? that cost you 250? wow..yea they are expensive and there's no where else you can find some.

BTW did you buy the small lip or the large lip?? i haven't tried to fix the new bumpers onto my AE86 yet but they are definately different, the GTV ones are slightly longer and lower than the stock AE86 ones.

Will get some pics of them soon, i am borrowing my mate's digital camera tonight. Hey dodgy u told me u were looking for side skirts right? apparently you can get the one's off the AE102 or AE101 would not bolt on straight away but would look good. Check out the pic i got from autospeed at the top thats how it looks like.

Hey 4AGE im collecting some parts before i got for the respray. BTW are you doing the respray or prepping yourself? Im still learning how to wanna share?

Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Tue, 27 May 2003 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah ... mine are the OEM front splitter (small) and OEM rear spoiler. It'd be cheaper than the TRD duckwing which is the one in this picture:

http://www.club4ag.com/images/misc_temporary/moto_AE86_3-2001b.jpg

Sorry for the huge pic ... Confused

Ken has modified his so that you can still retain the rear wiper if you have one.
frank_grimes
Regular

May 2002
Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Thu, 29 May 2003 03:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They make a great cup holder to..

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~mjaworski/DCP00909A.jpg
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Thu, 29 May 2003 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
m113a1: have you got the full specs of your car there? im interested in your brake setup

can you possibly send me lots of photos and full specs of your trueno?

mail to -> garth@digitalfunk.net

im getting mine here in august, im trying to track down other "trueno" owners for a reference network.

plus i like looking at cool ae86's Very Happy

BTW . how come you have levin rear lights on your trueno?

Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Thu, 29 May 2003 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Thu, 29 May 2003 13:29

how come you have levin rear lights on your trueno?

Hah hah ... I've got both sets (zenki + kouki) unfortunately I can't decide which one to fit / keep and which one to go ... Very Happy
frank_grimes
Regular

May 2002
Re: Exp Interest: : TRD boot spoiler - replica Thu, 29 May 2003 04:01 Go to previous message
the lights are the last owners idea..he knew someone who worked for an importer and ripped them of a levin..

i was going to changed them back to the sprinter lights but now iam to attached..

ill take some photos of my car this weekend i might even make a quick web page..

ill email you on the weekend once i have a few pics ae86drift..

then network is a good idea!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:18R, 18R-C, 18R-G Toyota factory repair manual for sale - Brisbane
Next Topic:4age Turbo Setup
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Jun 5 03:05:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.021697998046875 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.