Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Wanna get a 20v in the sprinter......

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae86-Levin
Regular

January 2003
Wanna get a 20v in the sprinter...... Thu, 29 May 2003 10:24 Go to next message
Any one know a good place in bris to get a silvertop 20v put into my aus spec AE86????

I'm buying the 20v privtly and i just wanna know the approx cost of the installation...? also could some one post the standard gear ratios in tthe T50 pls... as i am purchasing a new gear box..... Alegably a T50 with BMW gears?? comments pls...

Haro i know your gunna answer....
  Send a private message to this user    
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Wanna get a 20v in the sprinter...... Thu, 29 May 2003 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is that to get in touch with Anthony Kellam at www.twincam16.com? Confused

He recently put up a post under the market section advertising 2 options - silvertop & blacktop. Believe it was $4,100 drive-in drive-out for the silver and $4,500 for the black?

He knows his stuff so he'd be the best person to see re a conversion such as this given he has his own coil pacs to avoid knocking a hole in the firewall for the distributor.
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanna get a 20v in the sprinter...... Thu, 29 May 2003 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dodgy_Haro wrote on Thu, 29 May 2003 20:40

He knows his stuff

God I hope he does!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

LevinDrifta: T50 with BMW gears??? WTF??

Anyhoo yeah Anthony would be the person to go to!!
That's a pretty good price for a 20V conversion!

Just don't go there harrasing him for at least the next 2 months while my car gets finished!! Laughing Laughing

I mean it!! Evil or Very Mad

PS: 20V conversion should be very quick return time too!!
Well compared to my "fete of engineering!!"
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Wanna get a 20v in the sprinter...... Thu, 29 May 2003 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Everyone says he is great, but I went to him over 4 months ago for a DLI converter and I'm still waiting Sad
ae86-Levin
Regular

January 2003
Re: Wanna get a 20v in the sprinter...... Thu, 29 May 2003 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What are you putting in yours speedcore that is a (and i quote) 'FETE OF ENGINEERING'????

And that 'I know your gunna answer Haro' is i hardly see a thread go by that has 86 in it that you aren't in.. lol Keep up the good work...

Thats for the speedy input guys... But more is very welcome... Cheers..

P.s Where you take your 'Godlike" AE86 haro for runs?????
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Wanna get a 20v in the sprinter...... Thu, 29 May 2003 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LevinDrifta wrote on Thu, 29 May 2003 21:40

Where you take your 'Godlike" AE86 haro for runs?????

Heh heh ... I wouldn't say it's Godlike ... there is none Mightier than He. Smile

Most of the time you'd probably find me hanging out with Riceboy on Saturday's somewhere around the Sunnybank area outside the Ultra Tune servo.

Unfortunately time with my other half often stops me from runs down the coast on Sat nites although we both made it to the Broadwater carpark a few weeks ago. Riceboy found the limits of his AE86 when he 'communicated' briefly with a rock wall that night but all's well now. Smile

Unfortunately I hardly flog her as I've got an annoying leak behind my cam cover. I leave that all to Riceboy to put on a show.

As for Speedie's ride, mum's the word from me but I bags first go when she's ready. You'd just better have some harnesses installed is all I'm saying .. Smile

Anthony's probably just delaying and enjoying her when Speedie's not around. BTW, Anthony's not so great at keeping in touch and most ppl often have to see him in person to get him. Who knows what he does when no one's looking. Confused

If you want another alternative, you could see Robin Berado from Perfourmance Motorsports at Slacks Creek (www.pms.net.au) however you will pay more but he is a great guy and has a good background (rallying with Subaru WRX rally teams in China). He has done all sorts of conversions and did my 4AGE transplant although he probably costs more than Anthony but my engine install looks factory-like is what most ppl say.

P.S. Yes ... I have no life but at least I luv my car so much that I often have to respond to any thread re AE86's ... still haven't had an erotic dream which involves the car so it's not a problem ... Laughing
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanna get a 20v in the sprinter...... Fri, 30 May 2003 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LevinDrifta wrote on Thu, 29 May 2003 21:40

What are you putting in yours speedcore that is a (and i quote) 'FETE OF ENGINEERING'????

Hehe remember those adds for that simmer sauce back in the early 90's where the lil kid with a lisp used to say to his mum....
"What's the SEEKLET?"

Well that's what it is for now!

But rest assured... on the weekend that I get it back and it's registered and insured.. I want to have a big sprinter (and possibley old skool celica) cruise here in brisbane, all will be revealed then!
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanna get a 20v in the sprinter...... Fri, 30 May 2003 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LevinDrifta wrote on Thu, 29 May 2003 20:24

Any one know a good place in bris to get a silvertop 20v put into my aus spec AE86????

Nowhere! I've yet to see a 20v which performs as good as a well setup 16v...
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Wanna get a 20v in the sprinter...... Fri, 30 May 2003 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes ... I agree with Norbie ...

Unless you run a factory ECU, I don't really know of any places up here in QLD that can claim to have the know how when it comes to tuning one of these.

From what I've seen, the Motec unit is best adapted for the 20 valve but the amount of time spent tuning it will probably outweigh the costs unless the person tuning it knows what he's doing. Confused
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanna get a 20v in the sprinter...... Fri, 30 May 2003 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YEP spot on .... that's why I was commenting so heavily on the distributor relocation kit so as to use the factory ECU!!

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Wanna get a 20v in the sprinter...... Sun, 01 June 2003 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get a motec on a blacktop
acid wash all parts
tuned with 288 degree cams or similar
remove the shitty intake manifold plasto crappy
put on quad throttles with short flutes
disable vvt and put on some timing cams - advance a little
install hardened internals (crankshaft pistons rings valvetrain etc)
some equal length extractors (4-1 with a 60 mm join)
port work on the head to remove the shitty cast marks
relocate the distro to the front ex camshaft

u now have a $10000 race engine with balls baby!

woot Very Happy

now wheres my $10k....
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wanna get a 20v in the sprinter...... Mon, 02 June 2003 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shitty cast markings on a 20V.... 20V's are quite clean from the factory!!

288 cams , blah blah blah..10k race engine..
but is it streetable?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Wanna get a 20v in the sprinter...... Mon, 02 June 2003 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hahah

well possibly

thats like asking is a GT-R streetable
yes and no

dude not that nice, theres still work to be done where the valves seat Smile
toycelica77
Regular

February 2003
Re: Wanna get a 20v in the sprinter...... Tue, 03 June 2003 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

install hardened internals (crankshaft pistons rings valvetrain etc)

i thaught it was better to get soft rings in a race engine due to the fact that they requires less run-in time and your bores are relatvely intact after hard driving... also makes it cheaper in the long run becuase you dont have to go to the expense of getting a bore and hone everytime you rebuild the thing.... just me?

oh well....

[Updated on: Tue, 03 June 2003 03:54]

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Wanna get a 20v in the sprinter...... Tue, 03 June 2003 04:11 Go to previous message
depends on yoru viewpoint really

but i cant see the pros and cons of both scenarios

nice suggestion tho
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:SA63 front brake upgrade?
Next Topic:More probs with the 7M...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 23 14:51:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049490928649902 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.