Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Sprinter fuel guage?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Spanktown
Forums Junkie

June 2002

icon5.gif  Sprinter fuel guage? Tue, 03 June 2003 13:48 Go to next message
Now ive read on here in the past that its very innaccurate, and i know it is as well. Mine jumps around like a friggen yoyo. Its a 50 litre tank right? and is there a light that comes on when its running near empty or not? I always fill up on empty and it fits in 35 litres! so thats 15 litres that arent being used all the time! so annoying. Is there any way to remedy it? like somehow make it more accurate?
  Send a private message to this user    
RA60_Celica
Regular

February 2003
Re: Sprinter fuel guage? Thu, 05 June 2003 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it would most probabaly be your electrical fuel level sender or your fuel level sender float. grab the unit out of your fuel tank and have a play with the float to see if it registers with the gauage on all levels, if it does your float is iether sticking and not going down past 15 litres or your electrical fuel level sender unit is buggared so replace that. but it should be one or the other hope this helps.
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Sprinter fuel guage? Thu, 05 June 2003 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i agree i have the same problem !!!
umm.. but my fuel pump seems to be making weird buzzing noises constantly... Confused
RA60_Celica
Regular

February 2003
Re: Sprinter fuel guage? Thu, 05 June 2003 12:15 Go to previous message
do u have a mechanical or a electrical fuel pump? if its mechanical the diaphram could be going on it or the relief valve so id think about replacing sometime soon! the fuel pump wouldn't interfere with fuel guage readings, my mate had this same problem with a ra40 it just turned out be be the sender float had grime in it and was getting stuck and wouldn't go down anymore after the tank had 10 litres or less in it. if u guys live in brisbane id be happy to help out
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4agze Head Reco.
Next Topic:Help.....head gasket ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 2 23:13:55 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041921138763428 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.