Toymods » Cruises and Events » North Shore Cruise - Sunday 1st June

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: North Shore Cruise - Sunday 1st June Mon, 02 June 2003 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just to fill everyone in on the day.

The start of the cruise was awesome, Joel (TurboRA28), the Stitt and myself met at gosford. Joel suggested that the Stitt set the pace thinking that the crown might keep the two turbo RA28's to a respectable pace. The stitt replied with a little grin "Sure Evil or Very Mad "

Well lets just say that I don't think I have ever seen a crown on 2 wheels before, but this one came close. Twas a good run through the old Pacifica Highway, Only saw 2 cop cars.

We arrived at the meeting point at Berowra moments later only to find about a dozne cops parked in our meeting spot Hmmmmm, time for a change of plan. We decided to meet around the corner and Joel and myself started waveing down anything that looked like a Toyota. As much as the old couple in the Soarer would have loved to cruise with us, we fortunately didn't run out in front of them to flag them down.

Well the cruise started well with about 9 or 10 cars flying in formation. That lasted for about 1km when we found that one of the highlites of the day, Berowra Waters Road was closed due to a Landfall.

A running change to the route saw us going to hornsby heights, through Galston Gorge, out through Dural to Pennant Hills, down to Mount Colah and then to Bobbin Head.

All in all it was a good day, apart from the obvious problems. I think we will do the original route again sometime for a bit better driving.

I will post some pics up when I get back next week
  Send a private message to this user    
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: North Shore Cruise - Sunday 1st June Mon, 02 June 2003 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Agreed, the original route will definitely have to be done again some time. Nod

Dramas aside it was still a great day, and a big thanks to Anthony for putting in the effort to plan it all out. The weather was fantastic and the bbq lunch at the end of it all went down really well. (I'll make sure to come more prepared next time though).

Again thanks, and see you all next time.
Mijbril
Regular

April 2003
Re: North Shore Cruise - Sunday 1st June Mon, 02 June 2003 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gold28 wrote on Mon, 02 June 2003 12:28

Well the cruise started well with about 9 or 10 cars flying in formation. That lasted for about 1km when we found that one of the highlites of the day, Berowra Waters Road was closed due to a Landfall.

Kinda glad of that because I was delayed on my mission of mercy Smile. I wouldn't have known where to go either, as it was, I passed everyone on their way back out & pulled in behind.

[Updated on: Mon, 02 June 2003 06:50]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: North Shore Cruise - Sunday 1st June Mon, 02 June 2003 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mijbril, where did you take that chic anywayz???

What took you so long anywayz??? Get her number or what??? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...
Mijbril
Regular

April 2003
Re: North Shore Cruise - Sunday 1st June Tue, 03 June 2003 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rolla Boy wrote on Mon, 02 June 2003 19:19

Mijbril, where did you take that chic anywayz???

What took you so long anywayz??? Get her number or what??? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...

Hey, she was kinda cute, hehe.

Nah, she was distressed about the turn of events & being loaded with a truck load of fines I took her all the way into Hornsby, there was LOTS of radat speed guns in both directions, so I took it easy
Ronin
Regular

May 2002

Re: North Shore Cruise - Sunday 1st June Tue, 03 June 2003 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fill me in on the story?
Mijbril
Regular

April 2003
Re: North Shore Cruise - Sunday 1st June Tue, 03 June 2003 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ronin wrote on Tue, 03 June 2003 20:48

Fill me in on the story?

OK, as you know, there was a serious police blitz on the entrance to the old highway at the Berowra toll gates. So all bike riders & car drivers are being breath tested, the line up is rather long, especially as many bikes were being tested mechanically etc.

Add to that plenty of police with speed guns in the area. The entire Hornsby police force was out there & concentrated in this small area.

Anyway, a Datsun was apparently out of registration, so the police removed the plates & took the guy & chick up to where the bikes were being tested.

Later the chick comes back asking for directions, her boyfriend has been charged with driving without a licence, plus apparently he had a few other charges (nothing serious she assured me) over his head which meant the police dragged him away. But they wouldn't take her because she was not charged with anything (no charges, means she's not covered by insurance in a police car, ie, has no reason to be there.)

So they just left her there with no way of getting anywhere. Though they did hit her with almost $1000 in fines.

So, when she asked for directions, I offered to take her to Hornsby (where the boyfriend was taken to by the police), which she accepted. Apparently they were on their way to look at a property on the Central Coast they were buying & decided to take the scenic route. They had just bought the car for SFA & were not aware it was out of rego (faded sticker).

If only they had of stayed on the freeway, they would have by-passed all that grief.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the police were not allowed to use RBT checks to hassle you for other potential offences??
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: North Shore Cruise - Sunday 1st June Tue, 03 June 2003 19:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
possibly, but regardless that sounds like a lot more than just an rbt check
Ronin
Regular

May 2002

Re: North Shore Cruise - Sunday 1st June Tue, 03 June 2003 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Id assume that the charges must have been somewhat serious for the police to drag him away.
Wonder what encouraged the police to hold such a blitz on that particular day.
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: North Shore Cruise - Sunday 1st June Tue, 03 June 2003 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think they must of heard that all the toyotas that they havn't been able to catch were going to stop there Rolling Eyes

But we were smarter than that. Razz
Ronin
Regular

May 2002

Re: North Shore Cruise - Sunday 1st June Wed, 04 June 2003 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gold28 wrote on Wed, 04 June 2003 09:39

I think they must of heard that all the toyotas that they havn't been able to catch were going to stop there Rolling Eyes

But we were smarter than that. Razz

Laughing Laughing Laughing
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: North Shore Cruise - Sunday 1st June Wed, 04 June 2003 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The crown was never that close to going up on to two wheels well I don't think so anyway. Thanks to anthony for organising the great day. Even with the route change I thought it was great, I'm sure many people had a great laugh with my passengers "rowing" me along at critical moments. (such as lining up against Joels 1GGTE Ra28)

thanks to all that attended and to the otter for his good dead of the day

See you all next time
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: North Shore Cruise - Sunday 1st June Sun, 08 June 2003 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So whens the next north shore cruise on.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: North Shore Cruise - Sunday 1st June Thu, 12 June 2003 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi all, i've got some pics from the day! Only taken on a film camera and scanned so not the best but....

I'd like to share them, but no space left on website to put them, can anyone host them maybe?

Cheers
Joel
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: North Shore Cruise - Sunday 1st June Thu, 12 June 2003 04:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel,

You can send them my way and I'll host them (will give me a reason to get off my ass and upload my own ones as well!! Embarassed ).

pmbridge@bigpond.com

(just resize them to something suitable like 800x600 first if you can please Smile )
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: North Shore Cruise - Sunday 1st June Sun, 15 June 2003 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi all,

Photos are now up at:
http://www.luc1d.net/cruises/010603/

Thanks for the pics Joel, sorry for the delay.
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: North Shore Cruise - Sunday 1st June Sun, 15 June 2003 08:10 Go to previous message
damn it
looked like a mad cruise

Only reason i couldnt come was beacuse i had to do my bike course test thing that weekend

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:2Fast 2Furious BASS HILL 14th June!!!!!!!!!
Next Topic:TONIGHT CRUZ : wisemans+oldpac 14th june
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 27 13:05:24 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0051019191741943 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.