Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Parts Wanted » 2.5" Xhaust, Rear Swaybar, GoodCondition Suspensions and Bigger Brakes for a Ta22

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BOGking
Regular

February 2003
2.5" Xhaust, Rear Swaybar, GoodCondition Suspensions and Bigger Brakes for a Ta22 Tue, 17 June 2003 11:20 Go to next message

I am in Melbourne and i will be gettin a 2tgeu soon.( i hope)
soo i am preparing for the transplant and need to upgrade all the stocko crappy stuff on there now.

soo i am lookin for..

--2.5" xhaust system, got some extractors already.

--GC Shocks, i will be lowerin the car, soo i will need some shocks that will be similar to Monroes GT Gases.

--A rear swaybar that is about 18mm thick, 24mm upfront.

Plz giv mee a msg if u have anygear i need. thanks.

Send a private message to this user    
Poolshark
Regular

February 2003

Re: 2.5" Xhaust, Rear Swaybar, GoodCondition Suspensions and Bigger Brakes for a Ta22 Tue, 17 June 2003 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are these parts wanted
BOGking
Regular

February 2003
Re: 2.5" Xhaust, Rear Swaybar, GoodCondition Suspensions and Bigger Brakes for a Ta22 Wed, 18 June 2003 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep these are all the parts i need and want.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 2.5" Xhaust, Rear Swaybar, GoodCondition Suspensions and Bigger Brakes for a Ta22 Wed, 18 June 2003 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much are you paying for your 2tgeu??? good choice by the way
justin
BOGking
Regular

February 2003
Re: 2.5" Xhaust, Rear Swaybar, GoodCondition Suspensions and Bigger Brakes for a Ta22 Thu, 19 June 2003 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey juzzo!

well the 2tgeu is not running efi gear. it is on twin solexs.
might efi l8ta on, when i got more $$$ to spend.

It will be total cost will include an engine ( that has been rebuilt in the pass 12 months, installed and will come with a muff and a nice tip.

it will cost mee all up $750.

i have been looking for other engines, found some in the trading post in Vic and it is about 400-500 but in pieces haha.

was goin to get 1 in from CVAP, but that was out of my budget, it was goin to cost mee 1k, just for an engine ( 2tg ).

well we will see in about 2 weeks weather my plan comes 2gether! will up date ya.

jason.
roadrunner
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 2.5" Xhaust, Rear Swaybar, GoodCondition Suspensions and Bigger Brakes for a Ta22 Thu, 19 June 2003 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I may have lowered front springs available in about 2 to 3 weeks. i'll let you know if they become available.

for brake you can put complete corona struts in which have bigger brake rotors and calipers. models RT132, 133, XT130 RT142 AND ST141 are a match for ball joint and tie rod. you will have to change/lower your'e suspension and fit your'e original strut top mount in. this also allows you to put much larger wheels/tyres in without scrubbing.

Not an attempt to sell my springs.

Cheers Roadrunner
Snyper
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 2.5" Xhaust, Rear Swaybar, GoodCondition Suspensions and Bigger Brakes for a Ta22 Thu, 19 June 2003 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When you put the corona struts in and you saying you need to change the suspension, does this mean change the springs ?! if so, do the ta22 springs go in, or do you need corona ones but smaller ?! and also, the strut top, does it bolt right on ?!
and if you know, what are the exact dimensions of the corona discs ?!

Brendon
roadrunner
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 2.5" Xhaust, Rear Swaybar, GoodCondition Suspensions and Bigger Brakes for a Ta22 Thu, 19 June 2003 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You use about 2 to 2.5 inch lowered celica springs. (The corona spring mount is higher making your celica a very high 4WD otherwise) I'm sure the celica mount fits straight on top of the corona strut (95%). but will check as soon as i get a chance.

This has not been done by me but someone i work with who did it some time ago so please dont rush out to buy parts without checking them. I will be doing this soon and will put the details up as soon as i can.

I'm sure the ball joints and tie rods are the same as i have the suspension parts book in front of me.

P.S. i believe that some of the corona booster and master cylinders are a match also

[Updated on: Thu, 19 June 2003 11:37]

juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 2.5" Xhaust, Rear Swaybar, GoodCondition Suspensions and Bigger Brakes for a Ta22 Thu, 19 June 2003 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BOGking wrote on Thu, 19 June 2003 13:21

hey juzzo!

well the 2tgeu is not running efi gear. it is on twin solexs.
might efi l8ta on, when i got more $$$ to spend.

It will be total cost will include an engine ( that has been rebuilt in the pass 12 months, installed and will come with a muff and a nice tip.

it will cost mee all up $750.

i have been looking for other engines, found some in the trading post in Vic and it is about 400-500 but in pieces haha.

was goin to get 1 in from CVAP, but that was out of my budget, it was goin to cost mee 1k, just for an engine ( 2tg ).

well we will see in about 2 weeks weather my plan comes 2gether! will up date ya.

jason.

so really its a 2tg with the efi head!!!
correct!!! Very Happy
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 2.5" Xhaust, Rear Swaybar, GoodCondition Suspensions and Bigger Brakes for a Ta22 Thu, 19 June 2003 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are the corona rotors much bigger than the celica stocks???
justin
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 2.5" Xhaust, Rear Swaybar, GoodCondition Suspensions and Bigger Brakes for a Ta22 Thu, 19 June 2003 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not sure if im going to get flamed..
but why not upgrade to RA23 brakes? arent they better than the stock 22 brakes?

with the corona brakes, are they better than the RA23 brakes... if so, id be interested in doing the same conversion.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 2.5" Xhaust, Rear Swaybar, GoodCondition Suspensions and Bigger Brakes for a Ta22 Thu, 19 June 2003 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im pretty sure the ra and ta gear was fairly similar in size, thus making it impractical financially and performance wise.
justin
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 2.5" Xhaust, Rear Swaybar, GoodCondition Suspensions and Bigger Brakes for a Ta22 Thu, 19 June 2003 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers,
a friend of mine has a 22 and his brakes we shocking.

and i know that my 23 brakes are pretty good at pulling up, saved my neck more than once.

so my friend put 23 brakes in and it made a world of differance.. Confused
thats kinda why i made the inquiry

does the brand of brake pads make a substantial (spelling?) differance in performance?

but i guess the general rule of bigger is better applies,

also getting slotted rotors, does that help you pull up faster or just keep the disc cooler?
trent_kershaw
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 2.5" Xhaust, Rear Swaybar, GoodCondition Suspensions and Bigger Brakes for a Ta22 Thu, 19 June 2003 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brake pads make a BIG difference.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 2.5" Xhaust, Rear Swaybar, GoodCondition Suspensions and Bigger Brakes for a Ta22 Thu, 19 June 2003 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pads make a great deal of difference, also slotted or drilled rotors can be a great addition to the setup providing the type of usage they will be treated to.
justin
roadrunner
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 2.5" Xhaust, Rear Swaybar, GoodCondition Suspensions and Bigger Brakes for a Ta22 Fri, 20 June 2003 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

a friend of mine has a 22 and his brakes we shocking.

and i know that my 23 brakes are pretty good at pulling up, saved my neck more than once.

so my friend put 23 brakes in and it made a world of differance..
thats kinda why i made the inquiry

This could have just been the condition of the braking system. being from mid 70's model cars you cant tell if the brakes have been maintaned. my TA22 brakes are suprisingly good and a mate's TA22 brakes are terrible.

The corona's i believe have a twin piston non sliding caliper. and bigger vented rotors if i can remember correctly.
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 2.5" Xhaust, Rear Swaybar, GoodCondition Suspensions and Bigger Brakes for a Ta22 Fri, 20 June 2003 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sound like its a good way to go.
justin Smile
BOGking
Regular

February 2003
Re: 2.5" Xhaust, Rear Swaybar, GoodCondition Suspensions and Bigger Brakes for a Ta22 Fri, 20 June 2003 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man! all this info is good !
BUT it still doesnt really help mee ! haha.

hmm yeah i heard that the struts from a corona and 23 will be longer than the 22s. so the travel distance will not be correct, so wat is required is some accurrate cutting, to get the height adjusted.

although u can drive with the struts abit longer ,some1 told mee that it is betta to cut them down in the long run.

soo i think if no one is selling a shorten strut with bigger brakes i will just get some DBA gear that will set mee back about 140(i think it was). which will improve the braking!

well anyways.. mee still lookin for everything!
thanks for the discussion haha.

jason.
NO-18r
Regular

May 2003
Re: 2.5" Xhaust, Rear Swaybar, GoodCondition Suspensions and Bigger Brakes for a Ta22 Fri, 20 June 2003 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im putting my hand up for being interested, i soon will have a ta22, and i have a ra23 in the sheat atm, so when i get the new car ill test it out...

also do ta22's have leaf springs in the back???
just a question

shane
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 2.5" Xhaust, Rear Swaybar, GoodCondition Suspensions and Bigger Brakes for a Ta22 Fri, 20 June 2003 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no 22's dont have leaf rear end!!! also what sorta dba gear wear you going to buy, if your going to spend the money on good pads and disk, make sure you overhaul the calipers and bleed the system completly, as there is no point putting good gear into a system that is up to shit!!! it will work out better in the end if you do.
justin
roadrunner
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 2.5" Xhaust, Rear Swaybar, GoodCondition Suspensions and Bigger Brakes for a Ta22 Sat, 21 June 2003 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BOGKing wrote
Quote:

hmm yeah i heard that the struts from a corona and 23 will be longer than the 22s. so the travel distance will not be correct, so wat is required is some accurrate cutting, to get the height adjusted.

this is why you have to put lowered springs in
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 2.5" Xhaust, Rear Swaybar, GoodCondition Suspensions and Bigger Brakes for a Ta22 Sat, 21 June 2003 04:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy silly duffa
BOGking
Regular

February 2003
Re: 2.5" Xhaust, Rear Swaybar, GoodCondition Suspensions and Bigger Brakes for a Ta22 Sun, 22 June 2003 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked ooooo i c! hahahha

but ppl do still tell mee to cut it, cause it will better in the long run.

soo how much lower will i need the springs?? if i want my stock 22 to be lowered by 2" soo will i need to get springs that will be lowered by 3" at the front if u use Ra23 or corona struts??
roadrunner
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 2.5" Xhaust, Rear Swaybar, GoodCondition Suspensions and Bigger Brakes for a Ta22 Tue, 24 June 2003 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not really sure. as i said ive never put this into practice just done my research. maybe thats why people tell you to chop them cause the springs will be too small/lowered. MAYBE?
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 2.5" Xhaust, Rear Swaybar, GoodCondition Suspensions and Bigger Brakes for a Ta22 Tue, 24 June 2003 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
please dont cut them for your and everyone elses saftey
justin Cool
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 2.5" Xhaust, Rear Swaybar, GoodCondition Suspensions and Bigger Brakes for a Ta22 Tue, 24 June 2003 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chopped springs are not cool... Crying or Very Sad
very dodgy Rolling Eyes
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: 2.5" Xhaust, Rear Swaybar, GoodCondition Suspensions and Bigger Brakes for a Ta22 Tue, 24 June 2003 20:56 Go to previous message
thanks for the support!!! "always23"
justin Shocked
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WTB : 17x7 wheels 5x100
Next Topic:wtb digital camera
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 30 16:35:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062019824981689 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.