Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Panel Question Part the same? Celica ra60, ra63, ra65, ma61, sa63 etc

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Patr1c
Regular

May 2002
Panel Question Part the same? Celica ra60, ra63, ra65, ma61, sa63 etc Fri, 20 June 2003 02:54 Go to next message
Are all these celica/supra's have the same tail gate? Like are they interchangable.
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Panel Question Part the same? Celica ra60, ra63, ra65, ma61, sa63 etc Fri, 20 June 2003 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes. They are all interchangable. The Supra versions will have the spoiler on them too, sometimes a lower one as well. They are all interchangable though.
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: Panel Question Part the same? Celica ra60, ra63, ra65, ma61, sa63 etc Fri, 20 June 2003 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and all come with rust included for no extra price. Very Happy
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Panel Question Part the same? Celica ra60, ra63, ra65, ma61, sa63 etc Fri, 20 June 2003 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunately, thats also true. Whats the bet hes asking the question for that purpose though? Nod
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: Panel Question Part the same? Celica ra60, ra63, ra65, ma61, sa63 etc Fri, 20 June 2003 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I certainly wouldn't bet against you on that one.

We should all get together and see If we can get a whole heap of them made up out of carbon fibre or something.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Panel Question Part the same? Celica ra60, ra63, ra65, ma61, sa63 etc Fri, 20 June 2003 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That would be nice, or you could be lucky like me and buy a car that had one tiny rust spot on the whole tailgate Smile

Or alternatively, $1500 will get you a new one from Toyota with different drainage holes.
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: Panel Question Part the same? Celica ra60, ra63, ra65, ma61, sa63 etc Sat, 21 June 2003 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm new engine new tailgate new engine new tailgate. $1500 isn't cheap.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon13.gif  Re: Panel Question Part the same? Celica ra60, ra63, ra65, ma61, sa63 etc Sat, 21 June 2003 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's the price of putting an LSD diff in!

I say leave the rust in, makes the car lighter anyway.... Wink
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Panel Question Part the same? Celica ra60, ra63, ra65, ma61, sa63 etc Sat, 21 June 2003 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You and your lightness, eh Nark? I can understand you not wabting a sub box weighing you down, I feel the the same way... or even an amp... but I'd be willing to pack on 500 grams to ditch the crummy stock speakers! Difference between the weight of what's in there and something decent wouldn't be that much Razz
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon1.gif  Re: Panel Question Part the same? Celica ra60, ra63, ra65, ma61, sa63 etc Sat, 21 June 2003 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's a difference... At home, I have a stereo system that costs almost as much as my car is worth.
Now if I was going to upgrade my car's system, it'd always have to live up to that standard, which means I have to spend more than the home HiFi (crappy accoustics in a car's cabin) which would mean my stereo system would cost about the same as the rest of the car.
I don't want to go there....

My stock speakers are fine. They're actually pretty good, they build a good sound stage. Not sure if they're stock or not though.
The stock sub is shit though, either that or the stock amp... One of them just can't handle the awesome 50Wrms from my head unit.... hehe
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Panel Question Part the same? Celica ra60, ra63, ra65, ma61, sa63 etc Sat, 21 June 2003 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WTF sort of head unit do you have that puts out 50wrms? Most of them are only 50w peak!

As for the stereo situation, they can be made to sound good, and it doesn't take bulk weight. And if you think that the factory speakers are good...no, no sir they're not Smile
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Panel Question Part the same? Celica ra60, ra63, ra65, ma61, sa63 etc Sat, 21 June 2003 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark, the stock amp probably sucks but the stock sub definetly does. I tested it with an active crossover at different freqs at all sorts of levels, and it didn't sound good in any of them.

Must be nice to have that sorta money at home.... your car+it's engine's gotta be worth a few k. I picked up my stuff secondhand - some nice Paradigm 2 ways, and a fantastic old champagne coloured Marantz PM-64 power amp, 100w per side. If I wanted to get really wanky I'd upgrade the cd player, but I'm not and I don't have any money anyway Smile

The way I see it, a car environment is always going to be lo-fi, car accoustics do intrincisally suck and there's no use spending stupid $$$ on somehting that is always going to have engine noise and a million other things competing with it. And you don't want IT competing with your attention.. a car is a car, after all, not a frikkin portable boom box. Mad But there is a middle ground. Nice amp will always be a big improvemnt over the few transistors that make up a headunit power supply - both in dynamic range and frequency range. Some decent front speakers decently mounted are a nice improvement too.

Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon3.gif  Re: Panel Question Part the same? Celica ra60, ra63, ra65, ma61, sa63 etc Sat, 21 June 2003 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now that I think of it, 50Wrms is quite a bit. It's prolly peak, but for some reason I remember it as rms. Disgusted

I've had a suspicion that my speakers aren't stock, they sound too good for something that came out of the factory.
The sub is definately something that I want to change. I listen to a lot of techno and RnB and I'm sick and tired of it farting all the time. Disgusted

Seriously though, the setup is OK. Just want more clarity for the low notes, that's all. It's loud enough for me as it is.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Panel Question Part the same? Celica ra60, ra63, ra65, ma61, sa63 etc Sat, 21 June 2003 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My setup is simple and clean. One pair of 6.5" Pioneer 2-way speakers in the doors, a Precision Power A300.2 2-channel amp, and a 12" Pioneer sub in a removable box.

Doesn't add huge weight to the car, simple to remove, really nice sound for any type of music. Did everything myself (apart from making pods), bought the amp second hand, didn't cost that much at all.
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Panel Question Part the same? Celica ra60, ra63, ra65, ma61, sa63 etc Sat, 21 June 2003 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heh... I always say, in my car I'm after good sound not loud sound. Some people don't know the difference... Very Happy
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Panel Question Part the same? Celica ra60, ra63, ra65, ma61, sa63 etc Sat, 21 June 2003 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My stereo was never about doof doof. It was about rounding out the music, whatever the style. Sure, it'll give you a BIG kick in the head if so desired (I love hatches), but the main reason I love it, is for its simplicity, and the fact there is so much to some songs that without a sub you don't even know is part of them Very Happy
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Panel Question Part the same? Celica ra60, ra63, ra65, ma61, sa63 etc Sat, 21 June 2003 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stefan wrote on Sun, 22 June 2003 00:19

Heh... I always say, in my car I'm after good sound not loud sound. Some people don't know the difference... Very Happy

Yup, although some music just has to be listened to loud.

And when you've got a big system, you don't realise how loud it can be until you step outside the car.

Sometimes I play stuff at home and walk to my Grandparents house and you can hear my music about 4 houses down!

BTW, I've gotta say, I love my sub. JBL ported box. It's got the clearest, crispest bass that I've EVER heard, and I've listened to a LOT of subs!
Lots of subs can beat it on power, but none can match the clarity. It's beautiful.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Panel Question Part the same? Celica ra60, ra63, ra65, ma61, sa63 etc Sat, 21 June 2003 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guarantee I've heard stuff that'll beat it for quality Nod

Check this. There aren't words to describe.... Confused
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon10.gif  Re: Panel Question Part the same? Celica ra60, ra63, ra65, ma61, sa63 etc Sat, 21 June 2003 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Undoubtedly there are better things out there. I just haven't listened to them. Very Happy
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Panel Question Part the same? Celica ra60, ra63, ra65, ma61, sa63 etc Sat, 21 June 2003 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I'll show you these hamster powered devices if you ever visit Perth Twisted Evil
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Panel Question Part the same? Celica ra60, ra63, ra65, ma61, sa63 etc Sun, 22 June 2003 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha I imagine that there'd be a lot of hampsters involved to power those bad boyz! Wink
Celia-Sue
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Panel Question Part the same? Celica ra60, ra63, ra65, ma61, sa63 etc Sun, 22 June 2003 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

One of the local Perth wreckers had a RUST-FREE XA-6X hatch (blue) for sale atm. And he's only asking $800 for it. Frankie - you know the guy I'm talking about - that really friendly, honest, expert Toyota wrecker we have both dealt with Wink

Justin
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Panel Question Part the same? Celica ra60, ra63, ra65, ma61, sa63 etc Sun, 22 June 2003 09:32 Go to previous message
You mean "there is no such thing as a Celica XX" guy? Can anyone say loser? Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Camber Kit for AE92 SX Rolla
Next Topic:fuel for 4agze
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Jun 6 16:13:54 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.14717698097229 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.