Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Bigfrek6
Regular

June 2002
Att: All sprinter owners Fri, 27 June 2003 09:39 Go to next message
Just had a 27mm Sway Bar installed and a 30mm lowering job done to my ae86, and all i can say is "look out F1"(well sort of), the improvment is awesome, now im a novice when it comes to modifications but the $600 i spent are by far the best yet.

I recommend this or similar be done by anyone wanting to improve their ae86 handling.

Steve

P.S Just my two sense worth
  Send a private message to this user    
Solo
Regular

May 2003

Re: Att: All sprinter owners Fri, 27 June 2003 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steve! u got a pic of your car now and also before?
Bigfrek6
Regular

June 2002
Re: Att: All sprinter owners Sat, 28 June 2003 07:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunatly no, i didnt think of that, it went from standard with badly worn struts and shocks that it got new front struts and new rear shocks that had some lowered springs that put the front tyres under the guards by about 1inch and the rear were about 2 inches under, way to bumpy for me.

I might be able to arrange pics of the car that had the lowered springs in it before i got them and compare with what it looks like know.

Steve
LiL_MiC
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Att: All sprinter owners Sat, 28 June 2003 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when i had my old 4ac sprinter, it came with chopped springs. It was okay and looked very good....Until I got a minor defect notice.

So out those chopped springs and in came the new springs and shocks [since my shocks were seriously worn out].
it was wierd going for a 3.7" drop to a 1.5" drop. It looked like I made it stock again.

After a while tho, I noticed it still looked good and definitely better than stock sprinters. At first I wasn't sure about the suspension either! It felt like there was more roll than before.

With the chopped springs it did defintely have a softer spring rate, and would roll .. however it would stop midway thru as if it could go no more.

With the new king springs, it would keep rolling, but after trying some S turns thru the mountains, it was definitely better.

Then I put the swaybars in that I had bought. And those obviously showed improvement as well. I think it leaned toward more oversteering, but that was easily fixed with the lack of power from the 4ac.

The car handled nicely tho.. Lost quite a few cars in the twisties
Dodgy_Haro
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Att: All sprinter owners Sat, 28 June 2003 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dunno but I found my suspension upgrade to Whiteline components with Koni shocks has made the car stop bunny hopping and I can finally now take corners at speeds similar to my bro's BMW. Very Happy
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Att: All sprinter owners Sat, 28 June 2003 23:44 Go to previous message
sounds like you have a great DRIFT setup happening!!! Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1jzgte turbo
Next Topic:Looking at putting a 7m-gte in old soarer, need advice!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Jun 11 07:21:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.16062307357788 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.