Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
tairatcliff
Occasional Poster

July 2003
GT4 Fuel Pressure Regulator Tue, 08 July 2003 10:59 Go to next message
have one of these for a gt4, wanted to know if it was easy to install yourself? where does it go? what do you have to do?
  Send a private message to this user    
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 Fuel Pressure Regulator Tue, 08 July 2003 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just jumpered my fuel pressure fuse in the fuse box aka modification to make it run a constant 13.5v instead of variable rate of v ..

seems to work fine ! fuel pump hasnt carked it yet Wink

tairatcliff
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: GT4 Fuel Pressure Regulator Tue, 08 July 2003 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how did you do this? its not my gt4, its a mates, and he only just bought it, so we don't know where everything is yet.
this sounds like a good thing to do as a bandaid for your engine till you can get it done properly.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: GT4 Fuel Pressure Regulator Tue, 08 July 2003 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
follow the link danny gave you in the other thread for the VSV modification - there will be a link on that page to show you how its done.

basically all it is is a wire jumper placed between 2 of the 4 pins used in the fuel pump fuse ..

very simple mod - and cheap to do ..

i can take a pic of mine - but it might not be up for a few days
tairatcliff
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: GT4 Fuel Pressure Regulator Tue, 08 July 2003 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks. i don't think i really need to do it, was more interested than anything. we already have the pressure regulator. really want to install that.
JustenGT4
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: GT4 Fuel Pressure Regulator Wed, 09 July 2003 03:48 Go to previous message
It's not a bandaid, it's a way on improving initiala acceleration pick up. In the stock setup the fuel pump trundles along at 6V (from memory) to conserve wear etc. When you floor it the pump circuit flips over to the full 13V to give the pump the grunt it needs to supply the extra fuel demand. You can gain a slight performance advantage by having the pump running at 13V all the time....hence there's no delay in fuel pressure as the pump is already working at full efficiency.

As for your fuel reg, that's another issue altogether. hat exactly do you have...adjustable, rising rate, stock????
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Test your 1G-GTE Skills.. Please :)
Next Topic:3t-gte in ta22
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 27 11:10:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0036468505859375 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.