Toymods » Cruises and Events » Dyno Day 7 - Results

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Tue, 08 July 2003 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey pete, I just noticed your signature, very funny, try this one,

If a drinks waiter gives you drinks
and a food waiter gives you food,
what does the head waiter give you?? Rolling Eyes
  Send a private message to this user    
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Tue, 08 July 2003 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Tue, 08 July 2003 09:41

DiZ_ wrote on Mon, 07 July 2003 13:09

It was quite funny when norb's supra tried to come off the dyno and destroy the spectators Laughing

I told the dyno guy he'd have to strap the car down, but would he listen? Noooo! Very Happy

Thanks to the organisers of the day, I had a great time and I'm pretty stoked with my result. 228kw ain't bad for a stocker! Wink

I'll see you all next year, hopefully with a few more goodies under the bonnet. Heheh...

Dude the thing had 2 straps on it to start with. They had to break out extra's to keep the thing down. When the second turbo comes on boost in that thing it becomes a bloody climbing machine.

The MA61's seem to love climbing. We were only planning on strapping cars that are turbo and likely to make more than 150KW but the white one in the morning with the 6MGE climbed out completely and it made 84.8 KW.
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Tue, 08 July 2003 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thunderbird1 wrote on Mon, 07 July 2003 16:26

How did mr Dyno operator feel when my car was dyno'd... 74th of the day????? Here we go....
http://www.yweb.com.au/images/cressida.jpg

Hey Luke, I got some cool footage on the DV Cam of the cressy trying to launch out of the garage! Smile

Do you have anywhere I can put it? Any webspace or anything?
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Tue, 08 July 2003 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cars climbing is often related to soft rear suspension or shitloads of power. Norbie's car has both. The most problems were with cars that have IRS as they tend to squat, thus relaxing the straps a little.

J.E.M Mate that thing is an animal! You certainly made more power per litre than anyone else. What is done to the CT26?
I am guessing that 27+PSI is the order of the day for that kind of HP.

I am happy with my result. 158kW at dyno day 5 and 190kW at dyno day 7. Grandpa did say that she was up in the power stakes!

Thankyou to the Toymods board and to everyone that came and made it a great day, and thanks to those people who helped with my kids by tresting them with respect even when they were a little on the Brattish side.

regards
Jason
P.S my grandma car kicks major arse!
J.E.M
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Tue, 08 July 2003 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks Jason,

the engine is a stock 4a-gze, stock rwd intake manifold,
hi-flo'd CT26 with 21 psi boost, anything more than that and it compressor surges... needs bigger cooler, throttle body or cams.
running Haltech E6K tuned by JEM... starts pulling at around 5000rpm and makes full power at around 7900rpm..

adam
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Tue, 08 July 2003 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
speakafreaka wrote on Mon, 07 July 2003 18:46

im gonna try and get there late more often...

Running third last was great for the fact that it was a lot cooler Smiley =

i was impressed with my lil cressie.. from 140 @ dyno day 6 to 167.9 from only airfilter and exhaust mods was way beyond my expectations.. i was looking for something around the 150's range

Yeah, figures like this make me question the results *everyone* achieved on the weekend.

My stock 1JZ pulled 140kW last dyno day I was at, and since then I've done full 3" mandrel exhaust, HKS intake and a Trust front mount intercooler and only got 162kW this time around. Something doesn't seem right... should have been in the 180-200kW region since my car is rather similar to Anthony's Soarer who scored 207kW. Temperatures may have contributed, but surely not 40kW difference.

I'm not going to continue bitching about it, but am open to any theories, as many people have been questioning most of the results.
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Tue, 08 July 2003 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
way cool. Cool
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Tue, 08 July 2003 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The results for me were right on the money.
Dyno Day 5 yielded 158kW (and two weeks before 166kW where I have it tuned)
Dyno Day 7 yielded 190kW (Dyno'd 193kW just before Dubbo).
I figure (hypothesise) that Premier's dyno reads about 8-10kW less than the dyno that I have my car tuned on.
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Tue, 08 July 2003 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey jason.. would this be one of those kids.. hehehehe...
http://www.yweb.com.au/images/mess.jpg
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Tue, 08 July 2003 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah that's one of the usual suspects. He loved the whole day, and then slept in my car by the time your car was up Luke. In the afternoon he was giving some good impressions of cars ripping through the gears with blow off valve noise and all (he is not even 3 yet)!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Tue, 08 July 2003 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the damn little tykes were outwitting me in my sleep deprived state!

I went home and slept. Damn i was buggered.
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Tue, 08 July 2003 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultrav - your paint would have to be one of the prettiest custom colours ive seen in a long time Smile

was very peeved i had to leave ealrly - was super keen on seeing norbies on the rollers !

Norbie - next time drag some more of the QLD celicanuts down with you ! it will save me another days driving to see them ! Smile

look out nationals here we come!
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Tue, 08 July 2003 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey luke you need twin pipes mate .the cressida made 183kw @12 psi (even with the boost controll on flat out...blown i/c hose).
shit i ran 10.5 :1 how did you run so lean ..tell me id love to lose some fuel

The supra with the Blown diff ...hard luck mate .id love to see how the the gt35/40 would perform .i have no doubt your top figure would be much higher at 6000 rpm or so .im glad my speed cut stopped us running any further .

I think we got jinxed having that run on the way there . i was running 18 psi .sometime later i popped the top hose to the plenum .but was quite happy with my figure for only 12 psi

you shouldnt really worry about the actual number you get .Just how it compares to similar cars .luke's car pulled 200 rwkw on my dyno plus at about 10 degrees so id say the dyno is only at worst about 10 kw lower than most dynos so probably 5%

i think everyone was on a level playing field .although i may add one minor thing auto's tested in 2nd gear are not loaded as much as manuals in 4th gear .3rd gear in most autos is 1:1 as is 4th in most manuals .

The only real way to compare auto to manual is both at 1:1

an easy way to settle the argument about the 20v .is to get a terminal speed reading on the 1/4 mile .this can give a reasonably accurate power figure .well enough to tell if its out or not

Thanks to the organisers for a fun day
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Tue, 08 July 2003 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celicamad wrote on Tue, 08 July 2003 19:22

an easy way to settle the argument about the 20v .is to get a terminal speed reading on the 1/4 mile .this can give a reasonably accurate power figure .well enough to tell if its out or not

Thanks to the organisers for a fun day

I have to agree with Paul here. Terminal speed over 1/4 mi versus vehicle weight, then compare MPH against the theoretical perfect run, add together what it should do compared to what it did and divide by 2. The answer will be so close it won't be worth mentioning the difference.
Summit did a great slide rule calculator for this purpose, the only problem with it is that you need to have some decent times in a 2000 pound + car to even get on the scale.
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Tue, 08 July 2003 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha jumpy jumpy Laughing
http://members.optusnet.com.au/christopha/norb.wmv

[Updated on: Tue, 08 July 2003 09:53]

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Tue, 08 July 2003 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sooo cool. I can't believe I missed it. Family events I dunno..

[Updated on: Tue, 08 July 2003 10:02]

STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Tue, 08 July 2003 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fixed
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Tue, 08 July 2003 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i still maintain BEST CARBIED MOTOR!! Surprised

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TgDSAvgWn3VXyB2DmCXTEK3IEaaOMbt488p*DD*unKTl!T1a2dV5dbgxbcJ9ddn!a!UtUFqal*kI45ZwiZ5sLK6cc!nAJ2E3SxRvD8S8jQx!m6suJo!m3g/DYNO%20CURVE%20carbies.jpg?dc=4675429407075360802
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Tue, 08 July 2003 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a nie curve karl
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Tue, 08 July 2003 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Soarer,

The Dyno at Premier Auto gives what is well regarded as an accurate result. If your car didn't perform as well as expected there must be a reason for this within the setup/tunning of your car.

Scrotes old 1JZ-GTE MX83 has a very healthy 1J (Excellent leak down and compression test results before and just after it was fitted) and its ONLY mod is the exhaust and intercooler plumbing and it turned 167 odd kw at the treads. What was your Air fuel ratio ?

Has the car been dyno tunned to actually make use of the mods you have had done ? Do you know the level of backpressure in your exhaust and for sure that the intake mods have been effective ? If either of these are out then it would cause a lower figure due to the engines inabilty to breath. A good Dyno tune should be able to locate the problem. Let us know when you find it.

We have had ALOT of speculation/theories/advice on the two qustionable results on the day. It is deffinatly a combination of things that has caused it and it relates directly to the Dyno and the nature of the cars. It will not affect the results for any other type of vehicle.
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Tue, 08 July 2003 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can I ask why shootout mode (available on all Dyno Dynamics dynos) isn't used in these competitions to ensure a consistent ramp rate for all cars? I realise that wheelspin was a problem for a lot of cars, but that can be remedied with decent tie downs. Using shootout mode would at least remove one of the variables that causes these disputes.
DavGT4
Regular

I supported Toymods
Toymods Special Events Coordinator

March 2003
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Tue, 08 July 2003 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My first Dyno Day..! Heaps long, but well worth it Very Happy . Had a great day and was real happy with my numbers (110.2kw). The aim of cracking the 100 mark accomplished, plus a good starting point for many mods to come...

Was great to see all the GT4's out there, makes for great comparison - Stewart... I'll be looking to beat yours next time round!! Very Happy

A BIG thanx to all the Toymods guys and the 'chefs'!!
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Tue, 08 July 2003 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a bit off the subject looking at the figures of all the 6 cyl + 8s turbos or 6 cyl n/a
shouldnt there be another class as we have the folllowing
under 1800 n/a
over 1800 n/a
best supercharged
under 1800 forced
over 1800 forced

i think we should be adding two more being
6 + 8 cyl n/a
6 + 8 cyl forced

as those figures comming from the 6s are crazy and obvsly there is nothing thats realy comming near them being there and seeing the results and i know these figires can be achived in a 4cyl but obvisly its alot harder... and again i knows not all about winning...
maybe this should be put to the members see what we all think and go from there just a suggestion.
hope this is taken into some consideration

RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Tue, 08 July 2003 23:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I was kindof thinking the same thing, as really, my entry was for curiosity only as I never have a real chance of winning anything with a naturally aspirated 3S-GE against massive V8s etc... A such a broad category. Maybe that is just the way the cookie crumbles...

Sill had fun, and still will come again Smile
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Wed, 09 July 2003 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can't have more classes.

Get your 2L going better than the under 1800 F/I of 190kw (and there was a 207kw on the day!) and you could be in for a trophy.

As for can't go up against the V8s, if you build a propper N/A 20v 4AG it could get close.

As for having a 6 & 8 cyl category. What about the 3cyl that beat you both?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Wed, 09 July 2003 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the daihatsu? hmmmm....

I wasn't in it to beat anyone dude. I love my car. was very happy with the results and if they wanted to put me in the same category as a Kenworth truck that wouldn't stop me. I was just thinking of ways to fairly distribute categories so that people with smaller n/a engines could hope to earn trophies with out a bias toward larger capacities misrepresenting the work that was put into the car.

Sure a worked 20v could get a v8. but what would compete with a worked v8? nothing. maybe that is the point.

gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Wed, 09 July 2003 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree with Pete, whan a 1600 4a-gte puts out 207.8kw at the wheels, your going to need a pretty stout 6/8 to beat it.

Likewise, I don't want to make luke feel inadequate, but the lowest power made on the day was the stitts 6cylinder crown.

I agree that capacity makes a big difference, but number of cylinders means SFA. match a 1G and 3S/3T up and look at the differences, all around 2 litres and all producing 100-150kw. But then there is Jasons corolla Mad Mad Mad Very Happy
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Wed, 09 July 2003 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The categories were made to be good for the masses. You can't make everyone happy.

I havn't done any organising, and actually walked away when Rod asked me to man the fan for a while as I didn't want to do any of that stuff (was cruel to Rod, but that wasn't what I was there for).

I totally appreciate all the board does for us members, and if they agree for it to be this way, there is no way I'm going to say different.
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Wed, 09 July 2003 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i see what u are saying but i would like to refer to a point i made about it can be be done with alot of money... u have a 6 f/i and then u have a 4 f/i spend 3,ooo on each u tell me what wins on a dyno day ??
my money is on the 6
also i will just say i know how much my car will make and i know what i have spent no it doesnt make 130 if u refer to the dyno day i fouled the plugs and it would boost past 8 psi... but i just cant see how its completly fair "the bigger the better" this is true.
like i said maybe its something we all need to have a vote on.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Wed, 09 July 2003 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The bigger the better isn't true. Jason's 1.8L and the 4agte 1.6L both beat ALL V8s on the day.

Money can't come into it. Do you know how much it would cost to get a V8 over 150kw? On some other cars it can be done by dialing up more boost ($5 bleed valve).

Most of us are trying to forget how much money we pour into our cars. Confused

Wonder how much chocolate I could've bought if I had a stock excel or cino or something.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Wed, 09 July 2003 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, the categories have been chosen to suit the majority of people. Of course we can't keep everyone happy, but that is just always the case, so we do the best we can.

There is always this same discussion after every dyno day as to what the categories should be like, and if you have a look at the number of people in each category and what cars/motors they have then you see that the classes match the masses.
I think Rod answered this one VERY well after dyno day 6.

Anyway, im one of those who loses out - 60kW vs 140kW in the same class. But it doesnt bother me cos if there was a class in the middle i would be competing with 3 people...
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Wed, 09 July 2003 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now u are comparing n/a v8s to forced induction 4cyls.... i could have told u that the 4cyl turbo creams the v8 and for the money a turbo will win i know this but a 6 cyl or v8 turbo in compariuson to a 4cylk turbo with the sames mpods are u telling me that the 4cyl will have more power....
?????????
thats why i said
6 + 8 F/i
6 + 8 N/A
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Wed, 09 July 2003 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it was just a suggestion guys i was tried get a point accross and it may never happen but i though it may be somthing that the board may want to have a think about thats all.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Wed, 09 July 2003 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
STR8 2.8 wrote on Tue, 08 July 2003 19:52

haha jumpy jumpy Laughing
http://members.optusnet.com.au/christopha/norb.wmv

LOL, that's awesome! Does anyone else have vids of cars in action on the dyno? I'd especially like to see Jason's beast!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Wed, 09 July 2003 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, I'm itching for some vids.
I saw lots of people with digital video cameras.. I wanna piece of that!

and while everyone would love more categories (about 74 categories for dyno day 7 would have made everyone happy Razz) it's just not economicall viable trophy wise, and you also get smaller groups, so there's less competition.

but remember, a dyno day is just an idea of power... more important things (like 1/3 mile times) aren't measure.
on the dyno, my supra was just 5rwkw behind an 11 second car! I dont know what my car does run over the 1/4, but I'm bettting it's not under 12, or even 13
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Wed, 09 July 2003 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
which one is jason...
i might have some.. i got heaps of vid
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Wed, 09 July 2003 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well host it all somewhere
!!
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Wed, 09 July 2003 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont have a few gig to spare on my webspace
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Wed, 09 July 2003 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why not? Razz
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Wed, 09 July 2003 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha im workin on it
but i only got 20mb to play with
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Wed, 09 July 2003 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DavGT4 wrote on Tue, 08 July 2003 23:08

My first Dyno Day..! Heaps long, but well worth it Very Happy . Had a great day and was real happy with my numbers (110.2kw). The aim of cracking the 100 mark accomplished, plus a good starting point for many mods to come...

Was great to see all the GT4's out there, makes for great comparison - Stewart... I'll be looking to beat yours next time round!! Very Happy

A BIG thanx to all the Toymods guys and the 'chefs'!!

your on Dave Wink I was looking forward to seeing the other gt4's run - especially the two other 205's there! nice to see the old base model 185's showed the group A's that little brother sometimes can poke a little harder when push comes to shove! Razz

(all good runs anyways guys - and ray - if yours was the group a 185 with those sweet rims out front - thats the BEST 185 grp a i have EVER seen up close !! sweet ride bar none ! your wheels have inspired me!")

dave PM me your ideas on future mods if you want to chat about it - ive got a few irons in the fire that you might be interested in hopping onboard with for parts !

Anyway - ill be pestering the boss for time off for the january shootout - if not - ill be there at dubbo -
in "ST-185" Evolution 2 !

Stuart
Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Thu, 10 July 2003 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR. 2 wrote on Wed, 09 July 2003 12:57

now u are comparing n/a v8s to forced induction 4cyls.... i could have told u that the 4cyl turbo creams the v8 and for the money a turbo will win i know this but a 6 cyl or v8 turbo in compariuson to a 4cylk turbo with the sames mpods are u telling me that the 4cyl will have more power....
?????????
thats why i said
6 + 8 F/i
6 + 8 N/A

Don't worry the board looks at this every dyno day. We take a look at what cars come, what cars our members own and how we can split them up most evenly. The problem is that number of cylinders has very little to do with power output.

I think we'd have just as many people kicking up a stink if we run the classes you listed. Lets take the 6 + 8 F/i class for example. If you put a 1G-GTE with a bleed valve up against a 2JZ-GTE with a bleed valve the result will be ~130-150KW against ~220-230KW. In the 6 + 8 N/A class we could have a 1G-GE making around 50KW competing against a 1UZ-FE making at least 130KW.

I'm not trying to say your wrong more highlight how hard it is for us to come up with classes that keep the majority of people happy. In an ideal world there would be a class for each capacity increment, so a 1600 trophy and 1800 trophy etc. However this isn't feasable. One thing I think could be worth looking into is a highest specific output trophy, so the person with the highest horsepower per litre wins. This is a little hard to police though if people make internal mods that change capacity of the engine.
Puffy
Regular

May 2002
icon14.gif  Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Thu, 10 July 2003 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Guys, thanks for a great Day at the Dyno and it was good to see everyone as its been awhile.The organises did a top job of pushing 70+ cars on the dyno.Any more cars and it may be a 2 day event next time Wink.My friends all had a great time and all ran decent numbers....

164kw at all 4s for the gtir was her highest run ever so she was pleased and my scary ride home was in my mates 1 litre, 3 cyl turbo charade which launched off the rollers for an amazing 106kw at the wheels not yet tuned. The day ended off perfect as we spanked a WRX wheel spinning past him in 3rd gear from a standing start. It was funny because its not ment to happen.

Cant wait for the next one.

Anhar Khamas
GT4 Group A
CamryMan
Regular

May 2002
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Thu, 10 July 2003 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thetoyman75 wrote on Mon, 07 July 2003 23:06

Just to clarify the results. We chose Preimer Auto for our Dyno days for a number of reasons, the major one is the great support they give the club and the efforts they go to for us to make the day possible buy keeping the price to an affordable level. For me personally the second most important thing is that there Dyno does provide accurate figures. Its because of this last point that we are investigation TWO of the results on the day.

I suspect it's something to do with the Dyno. My Camry 3S-FE made about 50-55 on that particular dyno. It got about 61kw at Silverwater and held the class record for about 6 months if memory serves correct.

To my knowledge the RAV4 3S-FE makes about 96Kw and the flywheel, which is about 6kw more than a SV21 Camry. So something is definately funny with the dyno if two N/A 4WD are getting unusually high figures.
-blown20v-
Regular

January 2003
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Thu, 10 July 2003 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey..
me and my mate enjoyed the dyno day greatly..it was my first ever toymods related "outing" if u'll cal it that.. and yea it gets the thumbs up... it was also the first event that i have gone to in my new corolla(red seca sx)..
oh yea... mine was the stock lookin one i.e it looked as if it was on stilts.. expecially the ass of it Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing ... but that will be change very soon .. jsu gotta pick um my 17s first Twisted Evil
cheers
chris

[Updated on: Thu, 10 July 2003 08:53]

RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Thu, 10 July 2003 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CamryMan, it's not the dyno dude - it's the diff's on my ride. If I had the centre diff lock on, I would have made something close to your output figure, maybe less because it's heavier. This would have shagged the driveline though, cos it's not supposed to run at normal driving speeds let alone what it did on the dyno (158km/h @5900 RPM). Shocked Because the diff's were 'free' (not locked), the diff-multiplication factor comes into play. I still have no idea how this works, but because I'm using a calculation-method to get my figure instead of a raw-output figure from one diff like yours, mine is going to be higher. My final drive ratio is 4.933:1 and my 4th gear is 0.918:1 - what is the Camry's?

Anyway, it was a great day out and I'm hoping to trick her up a little before the next event. Very Happy But she still won't be in amongst the trophy-getter's, even though she put up 4th place in her group. Confused
Tony
Regular

October 2002
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Sun, 13 July 2003 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone know what David McNeill had in his deep teal blue ST205 to get 160kw? I know it had a huge exhaust, but I didn't see him after his dyno run to find out more. It looked pretty stock under the bonnet (I was standing several metres away though), but there must have been some hidden goodies there somewhere. I'm not sure if he is on these forums or not to be able to ask. That was a pretty impressive run from the GT4.
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Sun, 13 July 2003 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He has very similar mods to my car,his mods are: 3" Exhaust, hiflowed turbo, boost controller, fuel cut defender and 20PSI of boost.

With those mods the car should have made closer to 170-180Kw, it all really depends on engine condition. Mine is very worn hence my 134.5Kw but its getting a rebuild very soon so expect some much better figures on the coming dyno day
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Mon, 14 July 2003 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave's GT4 is a piece of work... hidden goodies.. hmm Wink .. u'll have to find out! Smile Great power though for a 4wd 3s
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Mon, 14 July 2003 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

He has very similar mods to my car,his mods are: 3" Exhaust, hiflowed turbo, boost controller, fuel cut defender and 20PSI of boost

Actually Daves engine has a lot more than a high flowed turbo
The only part of the turbo that resembles the original is the centre bearing .the AR ratio of both housings has been altered as has actual wheel diameter.not to mention MANY other mods

and was only running 17 psi boost on the dyno although he has run 20 psi before but with minot detonation so bost was pulled back to 17 . on the first run it was running lean so more boost was taken out .on the final dyno run it was only running 16 psi which i believe was his noted power run

The turbo has an efficiency rating of 23 to 28 psi .the engine and clutch have been suitably modified to handle this .
The lean out has been identified and fixed and the boost will be wound up on a dyno in sydney in the next few weeks

Granted your worn engine was a little smokey but youll need alot more than a high flowed turbo to pull the same figure on the same dyno .

To be honest i would have thought the power would be a little better even at 16 psi .but we now have bench mark on that dyno
the only limiting factor is the factory injectors .which should limit power at around 200KW (toymods dyno)but its a wait and see .

we initially blamed the occasinal lean situation on duty cycle but this has proven to be fine .

at 19 psi dave's car has no problem keeping up with andys supra which made 208 rwkw.although the supra has JUST got the legs .This was with a 75 kg passenger and only 200kg difference in the two cars .so your estimate of 180 is maybe not too far off .

Stay tuned kiddies other than the dyno day this car hasnt touched the rollers since it was built .there is a lot more to come yet!!!!! Very Happy
speakafreaka
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Mon, 14 July 2003 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oi luke.. whats your email.. ive got a nice snippet of video of you on the dyno.
irwige
Occasional Poster

March 2003

Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Mon, 14 July 2003 15:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had a great day guys!

was good to meet most of you for the first time. i have only recently become a Toymods member as i was only advised of your presence after joining the ALSC.

if anyone sees a Red Soarer with GTT-250 numberplates honk and give me a wave! i even stuck on my toymods sticker on the weekend!!!
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Tue, 15 July 2003 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I need another Toymods sticker as well - me being a silly dope, I put it right in the path of the rear wiper... Rolling Eyes
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Tue, 15 July 2003 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didnt get my sticker - WAAAH! Crying or Very Sad

i sent one of the guys an email saying please post me one - so hopefully mine will come soon !

toyods on the front windscreen - CCCQ ( celica car club QLD ) on the back - if they ever make a sticker as well!

FLU77R
Regular

January 2003
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Wed, 16 July 2003 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HKSPete wrote on Wed, 09 July 2003 10:07

What about the 3cyl that beat you both?

Laughing Laughing Laughing
*represent!!!!!!!!!..

hahah You 4AG boys must be gettin sick of being beaten by 1L's lol nah, jus jokin. Thats good to see, what did he put down?. anyone got a pic? id like to get in contact with him. If all goes to plan, ill be bringing my own charade next time. Hopefully beat my 92kw@wheels that i put down few dyno days ago.

NICk...
FLU77R...
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Sat, 19 July 2003 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm pretty happy with the old Turbo-A Supra.
Nearly 180kw at the wheels with only 8psi.
No aftermateket exhaust or intercooler, just good old 7MGTE power !!!

We gotta show those 1JZ boys that the 7M's can do it just as good !!!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Sat, 19 July 2003 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you gotta make about 7 more to top my stock 1jz Smile
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Sat, 19 July 2003 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Sat, 19 July 2003 17:57

you gotta make about 7 more to top my stock 1jz Smile

How come below your post it says you have a microtech ltx12 and 3" exhaust ?

My exhaust on dyno day was 2.5 inch down to 2 inch at the rear!!!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Sat, 19 July 2003 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well
"stock" Smile

nothing major.. no turbos or anything (yet)

besides, a group-A is hardly your standard 7m either (love your car btw... sex on wheels)
SUPRA MAN
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: Dyno Day 7 - Results Sat, 19 July 2003 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
draven--->SShhhh, dont tell everyone it is a Turbo-A, I'm trying to make the 7M look really good Laughing Laughing
Pages (3): [ «  <  1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Weighbridge Day THIS SUNDAY!! 20th July
Next Topic:Cruise Terrigal via Old Pac Anyone keen?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Jun 2 10:07:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0079281330108643 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.