Toymods » Members Rides » sup, im a newbie rolla owner from the US

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
4age_menace
Occasional Poster

July 2003
sup, im a newbie rolla owner from the US Sat, 12 July 2003 06:26 Go to next message
hey, im just a newbie from the USA...........
I got a 87 AE82 (4age)
ported/polished head,matchported,5angle valves,270 cams,lightened flywheel........still underconstruction

I was just wondering if the fellow AE82 owners could post some pointers for me on what i should do since u aussie's know whats best Very Happy ........NOBODY has my car around where i am, everyone laughs at me when they even see my car, but they just dont know, and a very select few even know what a 4ag motor is.I get no respect, even when i whoop some ass.

Got any pointers/secrets u could share with me Cool
THANKS
dave
  Send a private message to this user    
hotrolla
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: sup, im a newbie rolla owner from the US Sat, 12 July 2003 07:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a nice ride man. :
Post some pics up for us
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: sup, im a newbie rolla owner from the US Sat, 12 July 2003 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow nice tuning..!
thats the best part of it. having a sleeping rolla and fighting for it.. keep it as is. dont go for looks just plain power Wink
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: sup, im a newbie rolla owner from the US Sat, 12 July 2003 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could you put a price list of the money you've spent.. and recomend places? im heading down to the states at the end of august to WA, Seattle..
4age_menace
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: sup, im a newbie rolla owner from the US Sat, 12 July 2003 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
here's my story..........i was looking for a CRX, and i ran across this guy selling one. when i called him he had already sold it........but he said he had a 87 corolla for sale.
I THOUGHT IT WAS AN AE86, i had never heard of an fx16(ae82)
thats what it ended up being.....the car was sitting on a farm for 3 years, it hadnt been started in 3 years. I drove a long way to go look at it, it wasnt what i expected.
Then he told me what he had done to it and took me for a drive.....he got me hooked after that. i had to have it.
500 dollars. 500 DOLLARS!!!! Shocked
he did all the work himself. im not really positive that all of that is done, but it seems like it, i havent had a chance to take it apart or anything yet.........so
thanks for the compliments though.......i got some vids of it

http://members.optushome.com.au/michael.deleon/toy mods
SW20R
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: sup, im a newbie rolla owner from the US Sun, 13 July 2003 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
great buy. well from the videos you can hear the those big cams has it got a full exhaust system from the motor yet? that would really help the flow, a cold air intake theres an article on www.4age.net that shows you howto make one going to your front gaurd which would also work on the 82. what would also help is a lighter flywheel get that motor revving faster and more freely.
also the basics, give it some advance timing on the distributor short the diagnostics plug (yellow female plug at the firewall) it should be around the 10deg mark, but its safe to take it to 12/3/4. run it on the highest fuel grade and that will do ya Wink
4age_menace
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: sup, im a newbie rolla owner from the US Sun, 13 July 2003 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet man, thanks a lot for the pointers im gonna do that timing thing......as for the whole "sleeper" thing........HELL YEA!
thats what i love most about this car. Evil or Very Mad
4age_menace
Occasional Poster

July 2003
Re: sup, im a newbie rolla owner from the US Sun, 13 July 2003 21:25 Go to previous message
when i bought it, it needed a new exhaust system, it was all rusted out, and the flextube was ripped to crap......so i went ahead and bought a factory system for it for now so i can have some backpressure. i want a hks carbon fiber Ti for my car, thats prolly what ill get when i do the whole system again, but for now, as long as its running how its supposed to im happy.....well besides the clutch went out last saturday, and my tranny mount broke......its in the shop, but when i get it back it'll be like brand new, and i cant wait Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:77 Celica RA29
Next Topic:just a guy with a dream...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Jun 7 00:32:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044260025024414 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.