Toymods » Tech & Conversions » GZ10 soarer 1G GTE Conversion, need help

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

GZ10 soarer 1G GTE Conversion, need help Mon, 14 July 2003 05:29 Go to next message
Hi, I currently have a GZ10 soarer with a crappy 1g geu, I was looking to put a 1g gte engine into my car(buying a complete front cut from a z2 soarer. I have a few questions I need answered before I can go ahead and any comments are welcome

1.Dash: Would the computer from the z2 still run my current digital dash or being so old is it not run by the computer anyway?
2. The engine will fit straight in?(im assuming yes)
3. Will my current Auto gearbox handle the power of the new engine? If not, whats a good auto alternative(I would like to keep it auto.. but will go supra 5 sp if necessary)
4. With 160kw@5600 and 274@3500 nm of torque.. What would estimated 1/4 mile time be in my soarer(1200kg abouts)
5.If i found one that comes with everything bar exhaust manifold and gearbox, could i just get extractors made to take care of the exhaust manifold?
6. Will my running gear handle it?
7. I was wondering what an engine freight would cost from say something like sydney to brisbane?

After I get it in im also planning to mod it a bit for more power. But 1st things 1st, I have to get this done.

I know theres a lot of questions but any help will be much appreciated . Thanks alot guys

Johal Gow
  Send a private message to this user    
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: GZ10 soarer 1G GTE Conversion, need help Mon, 14 July 2003 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey dude

Quote:

.Dash: Would the computer from the z2 still run my current digital dash or being so old is it not run by the computer anyway?

yes you will have no dramas with this, as long as you do the wiring correctly, Im sure sideshow could do it all for you, at a reasonable price

Quote:

2. The engine will fit straight in?(im assuming yes)

just check you have plent of clearance on the drivers side, imagine you will have plenty of room

Quote:

4. With 160kw@5600 and 274@3500 nm of torque.. What would estimated 1/4 mile time be in my soarer(1200kg abouts)

mid to high 14s with 5 speed, 15s with auto remember its heavy with a gen 2 ( go gen 3 if ya can find one)

Quote:

.If i found one that comes with everything bar exhaust manifold and gearbox, could i just get extractors made to take care of the exhaust manifold?

turbos dont use extractors!, you will just have to mod ya exhaust to fit to the dump pipe, or get a new one! 2.5- 3 inch mandrel seems to be the best

Quote:

cant see why not! my ta23 is handling the gen3 pretty well and i have had it for 6 months now

Quote:

7. I was wondering what an engine freight would cost from say something like sydney to brisbane?

around 250 i would say

Quote:

Will my current Auto gearbox handle the power of the new engine? If not, whats a good auto alternative(I would like to keep it auto.. but will go supra 5 sp if necessary)

cant help ya with this one sorry
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: GZ10 soarer 1G GTE Conversion, need help Mon, 14 July 2003 08:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oz_Craig:
Lol sorry yeah, Ive been talking to people with n/a cars so much lately that im getting confused. What is sideshow/where is it located?

Oh with an auto box I would probably get a shift kit fitted, would that improve times much over the stock auto?
I am also hoping to mod the engine for more power/faster times. Is the 1g GTE very moddable?

Thanks
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: GZ10 soarer 1G GTE Conversion, need help Mon, 14 July 2003 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 1ggte is very moddable! around 300rwkw on stock internals!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: GZ10 soarer 1G GTE Conversion, need help Mon, 14 July 2003 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you get to that cheaply? that would make my soarer fly.. But it will probably plague the old car with problems. How much do You reckon i should save before starting the conversion(engine + gearbox + stuffing around when im doing most of installing myself)
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: GZ10 soarer 1G GTE Conversion, need help Mon, 14 July 2003 09:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oz_Craig wrote on Mon, 14 July 2003 17:00

Quote:

cant see why not! my ta23 is handling the gen3 pretty well and i have had it for 6 months now

Stop driving like a bloody woman!
I give my diff 6 days now I dont need it to get me to work every day
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon5.gif  Re: GZ10 soarer 1G GTE Conversion, need help Tue, 15 July 2003 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Question: Why doesn't the front cut come with a gearbox?

I think you're being scammed.
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: GZ10 soarer 1G GTE Conversion, need help Tue, 15 July 2003 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
good question lol
Whats a good/decent price for a 1g gte front cut
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: GZ10 soarer 1G GTE Conversion, need help Tue, 15 July 2003 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi Jag im sideshow Smile
i can do the wiring for u if u want
it will all look standard
i use bits of the original loom and adapt them to new loom
i also use the original fusebox

only extra bits might be a relay or 2

i have come across it twice
voltage to the fuel pump is 1 or 2 volts below the battery voltage
so if u want i can fit a relay at the back near the fuel pump too this has happened on an old supra with 7mgte and a soarer with a 7mgte

where do u live if u are not to far i can come to yr place and wire it up

[Updated on: Tue, 15 July 2003 12:54]

Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: GZ10 soarer 1G GTE Conversion, need help Tue, 15 July 2003 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that would be awesome mate.. but I live in Brisbane Sad...
though im not sure yet.. i might drive down to sydney to get the engine done . But thats unlikely i guess, pity ur not in brisbane(for my sake)
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: GZ10 soarer 1G GTE Conversion, need help Tue, 15 July 2003 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i might be in surfers for the indy car weekend

ill be staying with a friend dor afew weeks

im hoping i can organise some work around that time
if i can i would stay longer up there

i think its round mid october so if u might need my help then
or u know anyone needing work done around your area get intouch with me and maybe we can organise something
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: GZ10 soarer 1G GTE Conversion, need help Tue, 15 July 2003 22:33 Go to previous message
yep no worries mate, I'll definately give ya a bell if i got it together by then Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3tgteu ecu to run a 2tgeu????
Next Topic:wierd knocking noise in ra23
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 23 09:56:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055458545684814 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.