Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » about to buy a ae92 20v.... what to look 4?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bass_boy
Regular

May 2002
about to buy a ae92 20v.... what to look 4? Sun, 27 July 2003 04:58 Go to next message
hi guys.. i am on the pathway to purchase an ae92 sx with a 20v blacktop for a great price. being young (and it being the 1st car i have purchased) what is the process (in victoria) on buying a used car? what paperwork do i need? what things should i be on the lookout for in regards to the condition of the car itself? the car hasnt got an rwc? does that mean i need to get one b4 i can register it?

all help will be much appreciated and u can look foward to some pics of the car once i have done a few "things" to it!!

hehe

cheers

Send a private message to this user    
Flem
Regular

May 2002
Re: about to buy a ae92 20v.... what to look 4? Sun, 27 July 2003 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Make saure it has an engineers if not your insaurance dont have to pay out if in a crash.A blue slip/pink slip for the change of engine numbers.The easiest way of checking the condition of the engine check the oil, should be clean how dirty will depend on how much /little the change the oil>inturn the general treating of the engine, look for a bad cluth> engauge height.Or load it up, stationary put her in top gear hold the revs at 2000-2500 then eez the clutch out if it stalls the clutch is ok if it free revs the clutch is stuffed>(also check for clutch clutch shudder). Look for crash damage pannels not lining up bad paint work. Get a revs check to make saure the cars stillnot being paid off, PAY CASH BRING HIM DOWN SOME dont forget RTA transfer fees.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: about to buy a ae92 20v.... what to look 4? Sun, 27 July 2003 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bass_boy wrote on Sun, 27 July 2003 14:58

the car hasnt got an rwc?

What does this mean??? I've seen it written a few times but it's still got me puzzled...

I guarantee that it a simple thing so comeon guys, make me look like a fool...
Flem
Regular

May 2002
Re: about to buy a ae92 20v.... what to look 4? Sun, 27 July 2003 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Road Worthy Certificate Very Happy
bass_boy
Regular

May 2002
Re: about to buy a ae92 20v.... what to look 4? Sun, 27 July 2003 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh we have a rwc here in vic.. i think its a pink-slip there in nsw..

i am getting an racv mechanical check during the week.

bass_boy
Regular

May 2002
Re: about to buy a ae92 20v.... what to look 4? Sun, 27 July 2003 23:16 Go to previous message
flem: what do u mean about the engineers cert?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:adelaide jap wreckers
Next Topic:Looking for Poly-urethane for engine mounts.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 20:00:49 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.047773122787476 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.