Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » stuff. (questions that go off on wild tangents)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
[TOYROTA]
Regular

July 2002
stuff. (questions that go off on wild tangents) Mon, 08 July 2002 08:10 Go to next message
Hi, i was just wondering if anyone out there has ever put a 20B turbo into a TA22 Celica? I am currently in the proccess of dropping a 13B J-port into mine, but i have decided that i would rather put it in my KE38 Corolla Panelvan. The rolla wagon used to have a 13B turbo in it (previouse owner) but it was removed before my friend bought it. Some of you Canberra guys might recall seeing the white rolla panelvan that was notably lowered at the back and used to cruise around civic and Braddon with 17inch rims and a sound system. Well some cunts decided to steal it from INSIDE my friends lockup garage at his flats across from hungry jacks near the belco mall. They dumped it in Charnwood (no surprises there) and when we eventually found it, it had no wheels (obviously), no $1,500 stereo, no $2,000 worth of tools, and about $500 worth of other miscellaneous things stolen from it. And if that wasn't enough, they decided to use the baseball bat that was used to prop the bonnet up to smash all the lights and windows in the car. (Due to the huge front mount intercooler it used to run, the bonnet latch was removed and replaced with bonnet pins, hence the bat to hold it open.) Now as a result of this, my friend then lost his job as an electrician at parliament house due to the fact that he could not afford to buy replacement tools, and he nolonger had a car to get to work with. But i am so sick of this story, that i'll leave it at that (this is obviously the short version) but if anyone has any info about who may have done this, (it was stolen around the start of this year FEB?) be warned that you may be found guilty of providing information that resulted in the deaths of a group of low life car theives. ohh and by the way, if ANYONE knows where i can find parts for the stupid rare-as KE38 panelvan, i would be most appreaciative. As well as windows and lights (fairly easy to locate due to their compatability with the stationwagon) i REALLY need to know where i can buy replacement panels, because they also decided to not only dump it on its brakes and smash the windows and lights, they also found it fun to kick in EVERY_FUCKING_SINGLE_PANEL on the whole car. Now due to the fact that it is a 2 door and the wagons are four door, the front 1/4 panels and doors are impossible to find. Also i hear that the rear window is also different to the stationwagon's. Once again, any info would be greatly appreaciated. (if you want b4 & after pics i can supply them.)
Anyway, getting back on track, i know it sounds crazy, insane, ridiculous and all the like, but i have made up my mind to put my favourite engine (20B turbo from JC cosmo) into my favourite car (TA22 Celica). I doubt very much that anyone has attempted this feat b4, but any info or help as to how i should go about doing this would be greatly appreaciated. Anyway, i have blabbed on for too long already so i'll let youse go and i look forward to hearing from you guys soon.

Thanks andré
  Send a private message to this user    
MRTA22
Regular

May 2002
Re: stuff. (questions that go off on wild tangents) Mon, 08 July 2002 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This conversion would only be legal if you had the 20b without turbo's. A 13b turbo cannot be approved in a TA22 so a 20b twin turbo (which is what they are factory) is absolutely out of the question.

Put the 13b in youer celica and forget about the 20b. I agree it would be awesome but very expensive and un roadworthy.

Jamie.
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: stuff. (questions that go off on wild tangents) Mon, 08 July 2002 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From one Toyrota to another stick with the 13B rego will not be possible in NSW,may be different in the ACT though
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: stuff. (questions that go off on wild tangents) Mon, 08 July 2002 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speaking of legalities is a 1G-GTE legal for a TA22 ??

i assumed it was but it sounds a little too good to be true

but if it is then rock on

hehehe
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon4.gif  Re: stuff. (questions that go off on wild tangents) Mon, 08 July 2002 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1G-GTE won't fit in a TA22. Not without major surgery to the front end.
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: stuff. (questions that go off on wild tangents) Tue, 09 July 2002 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its been done b4 hasnt it ??
im pretty sure ive seen it done
anyway as long as its possible i dont mind
im willing to put the effort in

anyway my question was on if its legal or not ???
anyone
Dylo
Regular

May 2002

Re: stuff. (questions that go off on wild tangents) Tue, 09 July 2002 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damnit mate, that is one bad assed storey! I hope they find the guys, and what a suprise.....CHARNWOOD! Breeder of all Evil!

I have seen a nice white Corolla P-Van at CIT where i go. And it had 17's and all the stuff, but it was a 4A-GZE. So i dont think its the same one, but that one is nice...and i think its for sale still maybe?
purpleminiep
Regular

May 2002
Re: stuff. (questions that go off on wild tangents) Tue, 09 July 2002 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a video on my computer i downloaded from somewhere that has a jap ae86 with a 20b big turbo. a couple of guys follow him and then he is gone. Fast

Brad
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: stuff. (questions that go off on wild tangents) Tue, 09 July 2002 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the 1G would of course be legal
it's only a 2.0L forced induction.

RTA doesn't care about power outputs (as long as your brakes match your power) but they do care about engine capacity, and forced induction
there's a webpage with the rules on it somewhere, but i forget
Esteban
Regular

June 2002
Re: stuff. (questions that go off on wild tangents) Wed, 10 July 2002 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, that video is insane ... the guys in the camera car are screaming like girls too ...
[TOYROTA]
Regular

July 2002
Re: stuff. (questions that go off on wild tangents) Wed, 10 July 2002 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the advice Jamie. And yeah Dylo that 4AGZE one is actually the model after the one i have. I've actually been in that one because my friend who originally had my panelvan was going to buy that one as a replacement. I think he was asking around $7,500 for it. It's pretty neat, have you seen the full checkerplate rear in it? It goes well too. i heard 13.7et.
Yeah that AE86 20B video is crazy, if anyone hasn't seen it i strongly recommend it. (unfortunately the only words you can understand in it are ROOOTAARIE and TURRBO. and of course the screaming!) Anyway, thanks for the advice guys and looks like it'll have to be [YJP-13B] then!
jazae86
Regular

I supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: stuff. (questions that go off on wild tangents) Wed, 10 July 2002 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adding to the wild tangent:

In that video, the car they are chasing in is "AKIRA's" AE86. The guy is a regular in ae86 and option video's. They show the build-up of the car with group-A 20v de-tuned for street and makes ~200Hp along with TRD 'box and high ratio diff. Yet you see the 20b spool up (black smoke) and then BAMN, its gone and all you can hear is 200hp of 20v trying to catch but its's hopeless. That's what is so funny. The 20b AE86 is wild, yet an 200Hp AE86 that would make many other cars look funny; looks completely rediculous.
If only I still had the download. Funny stuff.

Sorry to hear about your mate's car.
Jaz

[Updated on: Wed, 10 July 2002 14:04]

[TOYROTA]
Regular

July 2002
Re: stuff. (questions that go off on wild tangents) Wed, 10 July 2002 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I lost my video as well. Where can i get it again? Was it 3ROTOR.COM? I found an MPEG the other day of the HKS Skyline run a 7.83 @ 273.60mph. Go to AJC13B.com. that thing is soo stiff it's not funny. you should see the pass. And if you have Kazaa look up 'REAL LOWRIDERS' you won't regret it, espially seeing a TOYOTA Hi-Lux jump a meter in the air!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: stuff. (questions that go off on wild tangents) Wed, 10 July 2002 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
was that the skyline that was at the sydney motor show?
fastest 4wd car in the world?
that thing is funny... glad wrap windows, every panel on the car bends if you poke it
[TOYROTA]
Regular

July 2002
Re: stuff. (questions that go off on wild tangents) Wed, 10 July 2002 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha yeah. Polycarbonite. Well pretty much all the windows are for are aerodynamics in this case. (and maybe to get rid of bugs from the drivers visor!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: stuff. (questions that go off on wild tangents) Wed, 10 July 2002 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i reckon you could have a collision with a hummingbird in that thing and still come off second best
[TOYROTA]
Regular

July 2002
Re: stuff. (questions that go off on wild tangents) Wed, 10 July 2002 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHA, more like an amputee mosquito!

Where do you live? whats in your celica? anything yet
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: stuff. (questions that go off on wild tangents) Wed, 10 July 2002 14:05 Go to previous message
me?
pretty much stock RA65 .. I want to buy a MA61 off bunny, but he hasn't posted in a week, and I cant contact him
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:damn.
Next Topic:Get these videos!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 23 11:29:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068719387054443 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.